Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI Carthage perfomance.

Default AI Carthage perfomance.

Anyone saw a good Carthage perfomance? In all three my last games AI Carthage lost her core cities (including capital) to Numidia. Actualy i never saw succsesfull Carthage, numidia get too many units and money at the start.

Biarchus

Default Re: AI Carthage perfomance.

I have. In my last Rome campaign they made Numidia horde and Numidia bounced around north Africa but was never a threat and if it did take a minor city, lost it to Carthage again soon after.

Laetus

I have as well, in my current Galatia (Boioi) campaign, they've taken all of Africa save Ptolemaic Egypt, all of Iberia, and maintain all of their middle Mediterranean islands (they're fighting with me over Krete, currently).

Now that the "land bridge" from Italy to Sicily has been removed, I've noticed Rome doesn't do as well in their first Punic encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    I have. In my last Rome campaign they made Numidia horde and Numidia bounced around north Africa but was never a threat and if it did take a minor city, lost it to Carthage again soon after.
    Nice! In my expirience they nearly always lost Qarthadasht on the second game year(

Not to highjack the thread but how do you play boii as galatia? Do you intentionally go horde and then conquer Galatia? How do you deal with anything around you with a single town and probably lot's of red finance? Do you gain finance by sacking bythnia and byzantion on the way? How do you build any government but allied when taking towns around galatia with all of them having huge mediterrenean culture?

A pretty cool idea to try out, i think i may just do this my next game!

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

I think cai performance varies from game to game. The numidians immediatley attack carthago in the first turns all the time. I've seen that carthage almost lost everything and then conquer everything back again. It's always very different like with macedonia vs kh and epirus. In earlyer versions i only saw kh killing everything but now its more varried

In my campaign, there was s KH/Mak/Ep stalemate for quite a while, before Makedonia started beating the life out of the other two. I helped KH become great again

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    In my campaign, there was s KH/Mak/Ep stalemate for quite a while, before Makedonia started beating the life out of the other two. I helped KH become great again
    Did you build a wall and made the getai pay for it?

Laetus

Very carefully! I'm currently at turn 330 and control most of Asia Minor, Thrace, some of the surrounding Pontic Sea, and recently Greece. I used two commands initially to start, as migrating your generals/family members after revolt takes from 10 - 15 turns that results in Pontos sometimes taking Ankyra (thus forcing you to declare war and face large angry stacks). I use the move_character to move all family members to Galatia, then I battle the rebel stacks and take my new capital normally. The second command I used, once established in Ankyra, was the insta-build as I didn't wish to wait 8 turns to install the migratory government. This will help you get to Confederation Status (Ankyra is the only place where you can build this).After that it's a lot of diplomacy. My current game is on H/H as I wasn't sure what to expect. It started with an alliance to the Ptolemies and taking Nikeia before disbanding most of my armies. You will have ALOT of family members. Probably 7 or 8 by the time your established, and these will be your force in dealing with your first opponent.Obviously for me, that was Pergamon since they wanted Nikeia. It took me about 50 - 60 turns to subdue them and I did that very slowly and carefully with ALOT of skirmishes and a few major battles.You can build the ALLIED State (not allied govs, mind you) in Nikeia and in Byzantion, allowing you to keep family members there and have a decent thracian recruitment. These are the only two local provinces that let you do that, thus they're important. After Pergamon was dealt with it's just like playing the regular game, you have decent income after taking a few provinces and should move southwards and install allied rulers for Greek Auxiliaries. It's the funnest campaign I've played, honestly, and it's still going strong (Makedonia was a superpower when they declared war on me, KH had been destroyed so I started a revolt in Attika/Lakedaimonia that got out of control and now KH knocked out Makedonia and declared war on me). Only a few issues: I still don't have a Confederation in Ankyra after 330+ turns. I'm at 73% Tribal States so, hopefully soon. Also, you cannot do this with the Aedui or Aruernoi, as they cannot establish governments.If you need some extra cash, leave the two initial Boioi towns garrisoned with one unit and jack up taxes - they won't revolt for some time if you keep the Capital City there. I'll try and post pictures sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Stalfo View Post
    Only a few issues: I still don't have a Confederation in Ankyra after 330+ turns. I'm at 73% Tribal States so, hopefully soon.
    The difficulty here is twofold; none of the "barbarian" factions have fast-conversion buildings, and Ankyra is surrounded by places with predominantly Eastern Tribal or Hellenistic Polities cultures, which pull in a different direction to the one you're attempting.

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Did you build a wall and made the getai pay for it?
    Seleucids. There are millions of them!

As someone who made many short campaigns with different factions (the longest campaign I have is around 130 turns), I can say it varies a lot, I've seen Carthage destroying Numidia at least 3 times around turn 100 and other times Numidia and Rome taking almost all Carthage settlements. It seems Numidia always take Carthage capital at the start, it then depends how fast Carthage reacts. From my experience the only factions out of my head that seem always helpeless probably due to their position are Baktria and Kimmeros Bosphoros (and maybe Epeiros).

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Seleucids. There are millions of them!
    True that but you know when the Getai send their people, they're not sending their Phylakes Daoi. They're sending Drapanai that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us they’re bringing weird Monotheism. They’re bringing falxes. They’re barbarians. And some, I assume, are good people.

Sorry for doing so many donaldus Trumpinicus quotes but i could not resist

AI Carthage doing great in my Macedonian campaign at turn 187 so far.

Has western mediterranea under its control including Spain, excluding one rebellious area, and just recently started expanding to southern France and is expanding there. Has roman islands outside mainland Italy on its control too.

http://imgur.com/a/NV2mB

delra's Avatar Praepositus

AI in M2TW doesn't really exist.

How about EB3 based on Crusader Kings 2?

AI in CK2 also almost nonexistant)

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    AI in M2TW doesn't really exist.

How about EB3 based on Crusader Kings 2?
    WAIT!!!!

First let's complete EB2

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Paradox Interactive games are much better suited for replaying this era, and you wouldn't have to mess with 3D battles at all.

In my last campaign with KH(150+ turns) Numidia just destroyed Carthage, took all of the North Africa except for Egypt and Kyrene, conquered entire Iberia as well, they are the strongest faction and warring Rome now. Which has barely started to conquer Gaul.
    Last edited by Tureuki; August 21, 2016 at 02:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast