View Poll Results: Who do you support for president of the United States?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton / Tim Kaine

63 31.82%
  • Donald Trump / Mike Pence

86 43.43%
  • Gary Johnson / William Weld

34 17.17%
  • Jill Stein / Ajamu Baraka

15 7.58%

Thread: US Presidential Election 2016: Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: US Presidential Election 2016: Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

Kander is also projected to be doing very well in Missouri (still too early for a decision). That would be huge for dems after Bayh flopped so hard in IN.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Medical cannabis in Florida with 79%.

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Google shows HC ahead in Florida and Ohio. From what I gather if she wins both it's kind of over?
    Last edited by Akrotatos; November 08, 2016 at 08:00 PM.
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

Rubio apparently just won the election.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Infidel144

(edits below missed the post since this morning)

You are mistaking Outstanding Debt and Surpluses and using how a surplus is used. There was a surplus of revenue over spending in both time frames and continued outstanding debt well. I may have a surplus in any one year in my budget - no matter if I choose to retire outstanding debt does not impact on the reality of surplus.

In any case recent history still supports snuggans' conclusion - seeing as Bush tax cuts followed a surplus that was not inherently stable (and the budget projections at the time of course proved very inaccurate) - producing a systemic loss of revenue that was balanced by any systemic reduction in spending.

--------

edit: You are still ignoring the basic difference between Outstanding debt and a yearly surplus or lack of such. Importantly you are ignoring the very real fact that economics of each era you cite are/were very different. It was for example argued fairly strongly by many that retiring debt would be a mistake given how that might impact bond markets.

Also you run into a different problem in that if your going to cite outstanding debt - you really need to cite the value of all assets held by the Government. Once you have that then you could accurately judge how the outstanding balance of the US government debt or assets was altered in any one year.

OK so come back when you have a tally for all US government assets - because you are missing a really big part of hard facts.
    No, I am not mistaking anything.
    The debt went up every year. It went up every year because spending was greater than income.
    If you spend more than you have, you don't have a surplus.

You have $100. You spend it. You then borrow $100. You spend $50.
    Are you in debt?

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    It is, but the gap seems too big to be passed.
    Fairfax is 7% in, Loudon is 50% in. The state is 29% in. Most of the number you see is early vote they just stick up there and the percentage is, fyi, is election day vote count.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

OH MY GOD Florida is tight as hell

i cant believe Virginia and this betrayal. but Hillary is up in Ohio? and North Carolina? could it be already over? but wtf Virginia

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Akrotatos View Post
    Google shows HC ahead in Philadelphia and Ohio. From what I gather if she wins both it's kind of over?
    pretty much yeah, she's expected to win PA but OH would be a bit of an upset.

Also unrelated, my state has recently closed polls. I'm really looking forward to how my county votes, traditionally blue but there have been "god loves trump" signs everywhere the last few days, If he gets blown out here I'm going to laugh my ass off
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

OK snuggans, we get the joke. You can cut the spam now

I am the Air Bud of Total War

Seems to be a shooting at a California polling station.

One dead, three wounded, two critical.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Hmmm... If Clinton wins Ohio, it's over.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

LOL, Texas is blue. That's a victory in itself (event if it is for minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    LOL, Texas is blue. That's a victory in itself (event if it is for minutes)
    I lolled at that too. WTH?
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

if Hillary wins Texas i'm going to freak out

Trump got florida, calling it now.
    Last edited by Greyblades; November 08, 2016 at 07:57 PM.
    Pity the man with no country or home, revile the one who forsakes his own.

nevermind
    Last edited by Boicote; November 10, 2016 at 04:37 AM.

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

He's got Florida, he's also going to get...Virginia?!

LOL. Election surprise TIM KAINE.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

I knew this election would be really close, but I didn't see her losing Virginia (still not called by the way and the deficit is narrowing as the reporting increases). If she loses Virginia, she'd better win NC, Ohio or Florida or else we might as will make our pilgrimage to the Trump Tower.

She will win Texas she will she will !!
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

Ohio and North Carolina already went for Trump in the results so far. Florida is highly unlikely to shift when he's leading by 150.000 votes and Virginia with almost as much of the % reporting in as Florida? I find it hard to see it.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine