View Poll Results: Who do you support for president of the United States?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton / Tim Kaine

63 31.82%
  • Donald Trump / Mike Pence

86 43.43%
  • Gary Johnson / William Weld

34 17.17%
  • Jill Stein / Ajamu Baraka

15 7.58%

Thread: US Presidential Election 2016: Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

Default Re: US Presidential Election 2016: Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Now add the crimes of the Clinton foundation...

Do i need to go on, because there`s a lot more...
    What about sanctioning the bombing of a neutral country without Congressional approval, and then falsifying the records?
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html

LA times predict 352 electors for Clinton. I think that's too optimistic, and my prediction remains 310-340, with more probable in the high 320s.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Nixon's effect in 68' on those talks was negligible. It is certain, however, that those talks concluded under his presidency.
    Even if his effect was negligible, it's the distinction between murder and attempted murder. Need I go into Nixon's plans to specifically target infrastructure such as dikes in order to cause the highest number of civilian causalities?

- John Ball (1381)

It doesn't look good when accusations on both sides are countered with more accusations instead of proof of innocence.
    2 bad candidates, complete lack of trust nationally in anyone more competent that Trump (lol) to do the job. What a mess.
    “My grandad always said, "You should never judge a book by its cover." And it's for that reason that he lost his job as chair of the British Book Cover Awards panel.”
    Stewart Lee

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I wonder what would the people that 6 months ago were saying "Trump would destroy Hillary in the debates, he will wash the floor with her tears, he will win a blow-out victory!" say in 36 hours...
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Hilary`s involvement in the destruction of Libya has contributed to thousands of deaths (that continue even now), plus the destabilisation of the area and the flow of migrants into the West.
    As if that was really the State Secretary's fault. If anything, the US fell victim to the same Islamist militants who killed Gaddafi, which is the sort of danger every dictator sooner or later must face. Gaddafi's downfall may be seen as the result of the embargo 2011 which was a plan of action many western powers - and ultimately the UN - agreed on. But to ascribe every mess in the Middle East to the big bad West is patronizing nonsense. Those people are self-responsible. Eventually, it was a bunch of crazies fighting another crazy, there is bound to be blood in those type of countries.

The infamous Hillary quote where she says "we came, we saw, he died" is pretty obviously a self-ironic joke made by Hillary, not gloating, and maybe she tried to subtly come off as a badass or something. And no, Gaddafi wasn't anally bayonetted, someone just shoved a stick up his arse before they shot him in the head. Too bad.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleonic Bonapartism View Post
    What about sanctioning the bombing of a neutral country without Congressional approval, and then falsifying the records?
    I didn`t study Bush, but I was highly against his War against Iraq because of the instability that would cause in the Middle East. Oh and look, it`s still fubarred. Hilary made it worst because she didn`t care, it wasn`t even about oil, but to use it for her own prestige in becoming President.

Also this is strawmanning. You haven`t even made a case for Hilary. You are not facing the issues of today, now, the present. What`s your point? That because of some past Leaders crimes it`s ok to allow this one to carry on?

Are you going to bring up the crimes of Genghis Khan or Hitler next to refute me?
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; November 07, 2016 at 11:56 AM.

Acco's Avatar Дијана

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html

LA times predict 352 electors for Clinton. I think that's too optimistic, and my prediction remains 310-340, with more probable in the high 320s.
    Interestingly, they are going against their own experimental tracking poll, which has had high numbers for Trump throughout this race (it is currently at about +5 for Trump).

I do think that map is a little too bold. I'm not sure that Arizona flips in the end. I personally think Trump takes Ohio, but Clinton has been campaigning heavily there in the home stretch (with King LeBron James), so her campaign probably sees something there. There's also a degree of uncertainty all around: is the "shy Trump voter" a real thing? Is the shy monolingual Hispanic voter going to turn out in droves? Will Clinton's superior ground game lead to overperformance? Tomorrow should be very interesting, can't wait to begin analyzing this election in hindsight!
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

I didn`t study Bush, but I was higly against his War against Iraq because of the instability that would cause in the Middle East. Oh and look, it`s still fubarred. Hilary made it worst because she didn`t care, it wasn`t even about oil, but to use it for her own prestige in becoming President.

Also this is strawmanning. You haven`t even made a case for Hilary. You are not facing the issues of today, now, the present. What`s your point? That because of some past Leaders crimes it`s ok to allow this one to carry on?

Are you going to bring up the crimes of Genghis Khan or Hitler next to refute me?
    At no point did I defend her, she's an awful candidate - I certainly don't trust her, nor would I vote for her. I simply think comparisons to Nixon are hyperbolic and obscure the extent of Nixon's crimes.

- John Ball (1381)

I wonder what would the people that 6 months ago were saying "Trump would destroy Hillary in the debates, he will wash the floor with her tears, he will win a blow-out victory!" say in 36 hours...
    See you in 2020. Hopefully with a unified party and someone without as much dirty laundry.

Now turn that around... what would people who support Hillary say if Trump wins... in say, thirty-six hours?

I mean, what do you actually want from posting things like that? Not every supporter of Trump OR Hillary are mindless robots.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

At no point did I defend her, she's an awful candidate - I certainly don't trust her, nor would I vote for her. I simply think comparisons to Nixon are hyperbolic and obscure the extent of Nixon's crimes.
    So, pointless. Thanks.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Even if his effect was negligible, it's the distinction between murder and attempted murder. Need I go into Nixon's plans to specifically target infrastructure such as dikes in order to cause the highest number of civilian causalities?
    By all means go ahead and explain Nixon's plans and you might as well blame carpet bombing on him too. Surely a Democrat would never order something like that.

And while you're at it, give a detailed explanation how someone accumulates 200 million in 15 years on a $200,000 salary.

Go on. Start explaining.

9 states will be voting on recreational and medicinal marijuana tomorrow

tomorrow is going to be a momentous day of liberalization and anti-authoritarianism, and a historic day for women and the country as a whole

Democrat House minority leader Nancy Pelosi just said she will vote for the California pro-marijuana initiative. that's the highest ranking Democrat who has now endorsed recreational marijuana
    Last edited by snuggans; November 07, 2016 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    9 states will be voting on recreational and medicinal marijuana tomorrow

tomorrow is going to be a momentous day of liberalization and anti-authoritarianism, and a historic day for women and the country as a whole
    I suspect since long that a woman presidential candidate making it is all you care about in this election. I promise you that you will be disappointed with her before long.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    By all means go ahead and explain Nixon's plans and you might as well blame carpet bombing on him too. Surely a Democrat would never order something like that.
    When did I claim this? Nixon simply embodies all the worst aspects of US foreign policy with all the worst aspects of opportunism. I guess in that way he is like Hillary, but he's a few tiers higher.

And while you're at it, give a detailed explanation how someone accumulates 200 million in 15 years on a $200,000 salary.

Go on. Start explaining.
    Corruption, shady deals, exorbitant speaking fees etc. Is it so hard to grasp that I can simultaneously intensely dislike Hillary Clinton and yet still think she's not as bad as Nixon. Bloody hell, anything that isn't "Hillary is literally Hitler" is considered apologism nowadays.
    Last edited by Napoleonic Bonapartism; November 07, 2016 at 12:34 PM.

- John Ball (1381)

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    I suspect since long that a woman presidential candidate making it is all you care about in this election. I promise you that you will be disappointed with her before long.
    by that logic i would have supported Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and Carly Fiorina, the first two being dumb as bricks, the third invites attacks on abortion clinics. and because i like the idea of a black president, then that means i would have supported Ben Carson this time around, the guy who says pyramids were used for grain storage and tells interviewers to mute their microphone.

no, i'm just glad that the first woman president is a Democrat, and so was the first black one. you have to get these things right. the Democrat Party is simply the party of the future
    Last edited by snuggans; November 07, 2016 at 12:37 PM.

Bloody hell, anything that isn't "Hillary is literally Hitler" is considered apologism nowadays.
    This.
    Makes the religious ferocity some invest in her defense seem all the more flabbergasting.

For me, Hilary[...] even contributed to the immigration crisis in Europe to suit her own ends. Even that she`s dealing with people that support terrorism.
    In agreement. The amount of "upper class people" (some self entitled no doubt) that know this and still support her takes away any "tinfoil remains" that terrorism is sponsored by west as a conspiracy theory but as truth instead.

The FBI are interesting... They remind me of the Praetorian Guard near the Fall of Rome who are torn to whether they should support Caesar or kill him.
    Add NYPD, this time instead of kill it's arrest, and the comparison is parallel enough
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    by that logic i would have supported Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and Carly Fiorina, the first two being dumb as bricks, the third invites attacks on abortion clinics. and because i like the idea of a black president, then that means i would have supported Ben Carson this time around, the guy who says pyramids were used for grain storage and tells interviewers to mute their microphone.

no, i'm just glad that the first woman president is a Democrat, and so was the first black one. you have to get these things right. the Democrat Party is simply the party of the future
    Yes: candidate be female and a democrat is all there is to it. Since the democrats are the party of the future, democracy is not a criterion for you to solve problems. I'll remind you next time you lecture about how simple the world view of your opponents is.

The FBI are interesting... They remind me of the Praetorian Guard near the Fall of Rome who are torn to whether they should support Caesar or kill him.
    Heard an interesting take on this. If the corrupt one wins, she needs security briefings, if she is under investigation directly she can't get briefed. This was more political than anything.

The real meat here is the Clinton Foundation. That is still under investigation.

And if she was innocent why does everyone on her staff plead the 5th?
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.