Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boubon CAI, BAI,Economy - ALL AI Mod

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Boubon CAI, BAI,Economy - ALL AI Mod

A few words are necessary first - to know about XVIIIc warfare, and second - about the abilities of the mod and the game.

XVIIIc warfare, tho there are small and crappy nations in ETW, was a time of Global Empires which contested trade zones, theatres as in game, routes and far away provinces. Pay attention to that because the CAI is based on this.

Accordingly, the game should be - and is economically based - its income - on defending the ports, acquiring trade routes and their good functioning. I have tried to make it so, that, if you are a european nation and your ports are blockaded in Europe, your income will almost stop, untill you don't resolve this problem, tho you have of course these buildings at home which generate income in the motherland, it is made much less than what comes from overseas, or from if you raid routes of a rich empire /so you can play as the Piratefaction even and satisfy your economy only from raiding/. Accordingly the CAI is developed in exactly this fassion. If you want to play something like Genoa I don't have idea, is not this mod for you, but if you play a country like Britain or France for example, you will have income - IF YOU HAVE FLEETS WHICH TO PROTECT THE LARGER SOURCE OF INCOME. So if it ceases or you loose navally you will most likely be defeated by the AI. The CAI has further important points but you will notice them by yourselves, will just mention that guard fleets are generated by the AI, ones to guard a coast, other a region, others- groups of regions, others - ports, others - trade routes. Accordingly AI recruits a full stack army to guard a port if it is there where your money flow through in your country. AI builds also full armies to defend cities, priorities are not borders but to regroup and reinforce, and also defend a group of regions as a whole rather than a singular region. Also, allies are no more useless, will help you, especially if they have forces that they can't put in use otherwise.

So CAI and BAI are actually linked to one another, so are they linked to the Economy Mod, because it is designed to support the larger fleets of my naval mod, work also with other naval mods, but in generall economy will make much more money to support both more armies and fleets. It is recommended to play both Campaign Difficulty on Easy and Battle Difficulty on easy /each chosen at the beginning screen of a new campaign/ - the first because otherwise both armies and fleets will be too much, and AI won't be smarter for sure, while BAI - was reinforced for all units with higher morale, so that it is here on easy difficulty what would be on highest difficulty in vanilla and most other mods. Besides, the endless rearrangement bug appears less on Easy Difficulty for unknown reasons, so I had to start from this point from the beginning.

More for the BAI - routing will happen less, units of for example 200 men will endure to 20-30 before routing in normall conditions, except if you outmaneuver them in rear and flanks and attack with artillery alltogether.

All units with muskets should have range 55, rifles and light infantry 65, alike bows. Bows are made so for to situate them behind musketmen since they can shoot in the air while the first can't. The closer range of fighting does not hamper the BAI. You should be able to see who fires at your units and positioning the camera as if you are yourself a soldier in a unit, to see what happens after your unit firing on the other side, which is possible only with such range. Other versions of ranges are perhaps historicall but not represented realisticall by the game so I have chosen what the eye told was the game realism.

The Autoresolve Mod. Now this game is a strange thing. If you have a better army or fleet you will always win, except if ... the enemy army or fleet has a generall, whose qualities or points you cant read. So, the Autoresolve Mod generally works normall... if you also have a generall in the army or an admirall in the fleet. Don't ask me why it is so, CA made it such. More complaints about this part I won't accept.

Loading of mods. From my long experience in all TW games, allthough it is set that the upper in the user.script mod will overwrite the lower situated's features, it is not always so. In some cases it is so completely, in some - parts of one mod are taken and parts from another regardless of their load order. Latest occurance I had was with a BSM mod, whose all features were loaded, having pasted both mod and movie versions of it in the game data directory. However its cannon muzzle flashes didn't load up untill I didn't make to these two - a "release" version, so it went perfect just with ... triple loading. Hope it was an isolated case, most mods will load just as a mod file situated upper in the list, if not a movie file besides that should normally do ...

ADDITIONAL RECCOMENDATIONS FOR THE BAI - I haven't added these files because they are different for each different mod you play. However vanilla BAI and the other mods use 35-40 accuracy of middle line infantry and from 20 to 80 for cannons, usually around 35 for most cannons. To that it becomes even less with the larger vanilla range, so it was actually a joke, 5-6 people falling after a unit fired, all ranks. If you want to see action really something happening, and - with the increased morale of my BAI - to watch not ultra long battles but normall - you have to yourselves change the ACCURACY stat in db/units stats land tables with DB Editor or Pack File Manager accordingly - /these stats are tested so I give them here as suitable and corresponding to the other features of my BAI/ - accuracy - 75 for Line Infantry, 85 grenadiers, special line infantry regiments - from 76 to 83, special elite units - up to 90, light infantry from 82 to 86, cavalry 40-55 /if more it will exterminate line infantry and game becomes unnaturall/, 35-45 militia, 70 native american indian musketmen, 65 bowmen units, both land and on horse or camel. The accuracy of artillery is adviced to remain as it was, some mods do add more precise cannons, so you won't lack something in this field, and it is notthe question to kill units from a far but from close should be this eras game phylosophy. Reloading I have kept unchanged for all kind of land units, and it seems they are doing well in the mod with it. Exceptions - I have met cannons with accuracy 15, even 5, which is - if they fire 100 times will hit something only 5 times ... but ...you can notice and correct such exceptions yourselves.

DOWNLOAD:
    http://depositfiles.com/files/g07rfoj4w

Default Re: Boubon CAI, BAI,Economy - ALL AI Mod

I may already know the answer to this, but in case I'm wrong, would the Additional Units Mod work with your mod?

I haven't tried but in generall it's compatible with any units mod.

Do the AI European nations like Britain and France ever try to establish a foothold in India?

Quote Originally Posted by irish437 View Post
    Do the AI European nations like Britain and France ever try to establish a foothold in India?
    I have observed Prussia send a full stack by fleet to capture Tripolitania, so most likely yes.

Also Georgia belonging to the Cherokees with 2 full stacks, England sent 1 full army from the neighbouring region, and one full - landed by fleet, to match their two.

Allthough there isn't a file or setting to tell the AI to go directly into India. There is "Global Expansion behaviour" . Also it calculates chance of success and if under certain percent it doesn't attempt it. While India since the default game had been very well defended, even the "maratha bug" was pointed out as a flaw that they overproduced armies there. So on this base the AI so far in vanilla game and other mods was reluctant to do it. I haven't played so much in here to see, but for sure it will be more organised and target more and attempt more.
    Last edited by Dracula; September 02, 2016 at 12:51 PM.

This mod sounds really interesting Mr Dracul, but from what I understood, I have to put in easy the difficulty? I want a real challenge, so do you recommend me easy anyway?

Good Job!
    I am actually do this with Imperial Splendour.

Thanks ! I am playing it mostly with I.S. too. I don't know what is the citizenship in the forum about.

@ gangster19: On more than easy difficulty (Campaign diff) one may be suffocated. On normall I have to constantly rush to respond to the moves of the AI. While on easy there is still a lot of action but you can lead the tempo yourself. While Battle Difficulty is absolutely innormally conceived. Just on Easy there your troops are equall with these of the AI. Increasing the difficulty your get +fatigue, -morale and such which is absolutely perverted. Plus the AI army starts to move more on zig -zag to immitate tactics, which it doesn't have...
    Last edited by Dracula; September 04, 2016 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Thanks ! I am playing it mostly with I.S. too. ....
    Are you saying that this mod is compatible with I.S.?

Yes, I have one I.S. installation with it, one Rise of the Republic /ROTR/, and one with Darthmod 8.1 which I no more use as outdated. The way I have selected the files can run with any mod, tho haven't tried all. My Naval Mod however is compatible so far only with ROTR and Darth, not the I.S. for some reason. The others weren't experimented with the Naval one.
    Last edited by Dracula; September 06, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks.

FYI: I will be releasing am open beta campaign/ economic overhaul for IS v2.2.1b that will be apart of the actual mod. It will be worked after I finished with Rise of the Republic next release.

This will be worth waiting for. Now that I have a new computer I can test it out.

I'm using your mod with I.S. and it economics part of works fine. The other parts, as you've mentioned, not so much. Keep us up to date if, when, you try on other mods.

I haven't tried with ROTR, I prefer to play from the early 1700's.
    Last edited by Rick; September 21, 2016 at 08:49 AM.

What's not working so much if I may ask ?

I attempted to insert the necessary files into the user_script, but it caused the game to CTD. I than removed the files from the user script and started a new game, which loaded fine. I had the difficulty set on normal (playing the UK). Everything was happening all around me, but nothing happening to me. When I request a trade agreement everyone agreed but the results from the screen would always say, "missing string" for each trade agreement. So I'm sitting around building units and ships like they're going out of style and still the treasury is over a 1,000,000. I'm not an aggressive player, because in the past whatever I played other countries would declare war on me.

Also, the other countries did not expand their armies and their navies.

All the above I attribute to the fact this is not I.S. friendly (although, from what you're saying it is ROTR friendly).

If you have removed the files from the script, you don't run them - you do not play the mod.

That some income has appeared may be a result of the mov files, however all the others are overwritten by the other mod files, since they aren't present in the script. There's consequently I do not wish to comment vanilla IS that you are playing.

Plus that is strange cause I run IS on my comp, the compatibility with ROTR relates to my Naval Mod.

Could you make with the BAI only, pls?

Please update the link

onmy6's Avatar Miles

This sound very cool, I look forward to trying it out, Thanks

PS: like "Air" said above, update your download link Dracula
    Last edited by onmy6; March 10, 2017 at 06:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast