Thread: Light Dragoon Problem [SOLVED]

Default Light Dragoon Problem [SOLVED]

Has anyone else got a problem with Light Dragoons?

For some reason every time a unit of Light Dragoons tries to fire from the saddle my game crashes to desktop. I can sometimes see them go through the firing animation but the game crashes almost as soon as they fire. I just get to see the carbine smoke if I'm lucky. I'm assuming its some sort of animation glitch, but it only affects that specific unit type. Native American Mounted Musketmen quite happily fire form the saddle without any problems.

I'm currently using the following mods:
    • 7_Years_war_battlepack_vfull
    • Mod_BSM_4_1_Full
    • Mod_Notrails
    • Proper_Militia_v13
    • WeaponFX
    • Ancient_Regime_France_ v04
    • AR Spain Garde Espagnola
    • AR Spain Line Soria
    • Nerf_Ketch_Rocket_Steam

At the moment I'm having to Auto-Resolve any battles that involve Light Dragoons to avoid the crashes.

Any thoughts?

SOLUTION: It turned out the cause was the 7_Years_war_battlepack_vfull. i disabled that mod and everything worked fine.
    Last edited by Didz; August 15, 2016 at 08:49 AM.

Default Re: Light Dragoon Problem

my thoughts are: disable the mods one after another to see which one is causing it,
    actually start with disable them all just to verify everything works without mods
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Default Re: Light Dragoon Problem

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    my thoughts are: disable the mods one after another to see which one is causing it,
    actually start with disable them all just to verify everything works without mods
    Good suggestion.

I did exactly what you proposed and it turned out to my surprise that the cause was the 7_Years_War_Battlepack_vFull. so i've disabled that mod and everything seems to be working perfectly now.