Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buggy battle count reform requirement is buggy

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Default Buggy battle count reform requirement is buggy

It's still not possible to reform the likes of Carthage or Pergamon because battle count trigger fails to work properly. Please script alternate conditions for each reform that now requires battle count to trigger. For example certain amount of certain buildings being built in certain places, like for Parthia.

Default Re: Buggy battle count reform requirement is buggy

They require you to fight the battle on the campaign map. That's almost always the reason people have trouble with them, because they're auto-resolving what might otherwise have been qualifying battles.

They most definitely do work, because we've had lots of people reporting that fact.

But it can't be siege, or sally, or defensive battle?

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    But it can't be siege, or sally, or defensive battle?
    Not a siege or sally, only proper field battle.

Still, there should be an alternate to playing these battles. Reform through buildings and events like KH for example.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Still, there should be an alternate to playing these battles. Reform through buildings and events like KH for example.
    Nope, no need. Not least because those that should, have automatic triggers happening later anyway.

But couldn't you change it to just win a certain amount of battles (like Pontos for example)? So that we don't need to play the battles themselves?

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

man you are making a lot of problems... damn for you is a problem fight 5 battle against Rome if you are playng as cart??

change game, i think minecraft should be good

Quote Originally Posted by Raffula View Post
    man you are making a lot of problems... damn for you is a problem fight 5 battle against Rome if you are playng as cart??

change game, i think minecraft should be good
    Is that what you play when you're not hijacking threads with nothing useful to say and trying to show how intelligent you are? No one cares if you think minecraft is a good game, to each its own.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorMaximus View Post
    But couldn't you change it to just win a certain amount of battles (like Pontos for example)? So that we don't need to play the battles themselves?
    No. They have exported conditions in them (counting how large the battle is, so you can't get it with trivial little skirmishes), which require a campaign-map battle to be generated. It's really not that big a deal to expect people to play a handful of battles in order to get a trigger. In the case of the Roman reforms, that's merely one of three ways you can get it.

Feel free to auto-resolve every battle, you'll just have to accept that there are some triggers you won't be able to fulfil if you do.

IIRC all the triggers work if you auto resolve the battles as well. They just need to be field battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    IIRC all the triggers work if you auto resolve the battles as well. They just need to be field battles.
    Any with a minimum size requirement won't work on auto-resolve. The flag is exported after a battlemap encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorMaximus View Post
    Is that what you play when you're not hijacking threads with nothing useful to say and trying to show how intelligent you are? No one cares if you think minecraft is a good game, to each its own.

OH no sorry if my post was useless... indeed your post was usefull and very interesting.. eb2 need years of work to be complete, and you find usefull and high priority crying for change the trigger of a reform beacuse, playing a wargame, fight 5 battle is too hard....

you have other solution:
    -don't get the reform
    -play another faction
    -play another game, possibly without battle, like minecraft or the sims

:*

"A wise man always have something to say, an idiot always want to say something". That's the last thing I'll say to you, learn something, it's called evolution.

That's enough, both of you. Carry on and posts will be deleted.

sorry quintus only a last thing that remembered me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkPismPH3Ko

It'd be way easier if AI wasn't so hard set to never attack anyone in the open field. What happened to the plethora of field battles from EB1 that we had to fight. AI is too cowardly in EB2 in terms of evaluating army strength. Just let it fight it out sometimes.

Anarius's Avatar Senator

I've found that as Pergamon it can sometimes be hard to achieve the battle count prerequisite. In my game, Arche Seleukeia were driven out from Asia Minor by the Ptolemids and then driven out of Syria and Mesopotamia by the Nabateans. Pontos also grabbed Ankyra, so no rebel stacks there. The Seleucids kept Side so I kept spawning troops there using console commands and got three battles with them. Then I realized I need Side for the reform so I took it but the reform event still didn't fire.

So despite ruling over most of Anatolia I can't build the reform building. I think for cases like some kind of "failsafe" would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarius View Post
    I've found that as Pergamon it can sometimes be hard to achieve the battle count prerequisite. In my game, Arche Seleukeia were driven out from Asia Minor by the Ptolemids and then driven out of Syria and Mesopotamia by the Nabateans. Pontos also grabbed Ankyra, so no rebel stacks there. The Seleucids kept Side so I kept spawning troops there using console commands and got three battles with them. Then I realized I need Side for the reform so I took it but the reform event still didn't fire.

So despite ruling over most of Anatolia I can't build the reform building. I think for cases like some kind of "failsafe" would be a good idea.
    It's not just three battles, they have to be large battles with at least 10 units on the opposing side.

There is a failsafe, it requires the Seleukids to have so diminished that they have 6 or fewer settlements.

Anarius's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's not just three battles, they have to be large battles with at least 10 units on the opposing side.

There is a failsafe, it requires the Seleukids to have so diminished that they have 6 or fewer settlements.
    Oh, that's reassuring! I read the FAQ and knew how large the battle had to be. The problem may have been that didn't engage the large enemy armies directly, the large army was only reinforcing couldn't get the hang of spawning units to a character. Thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast