Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regiments of Renown

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Default Re: Regiments of Renown

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/al2nU

Full roosters ahoy.
    So they are doing a Lord Pack based on the campaign book Sigmar's Blood. Sounds good, and the units so far look good, even the reskinned Regiments of Renown look good. Can't wait for this to be released, and for the reveal of the FLC LL. A bit disappointed with Helman Ghorst as the VC LL, but since it is based on Sigmar's Blood that was to be expected. All in all, a good price for a good looking unit pack, nice new units, can't wait for Knights of the Blazing Sun!

Tiro

Still missing the Vampire RoR
    http://imgur.com/a/R6JXV
    http://imgur.com/a/wq4vD
    http://imgur.com/a/P87oL
    http://imgur.com/a/kSGnm

And there is still the question what will come for free with that DLC.
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160823/l5rvcz88.jpg
    Shadow Lore & Grey Wizard for Empire we can take as given, but which LL for Vampires will it be? The teaserpicture yesterday
    https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f3...cx9wfkh6z9.jpg
    has the strange hints for "Vlad von Carstein" written all over it (and also at least three hints that ponted directly to "Sigmars Blood" before the leaked trailer spoiled the surprise). But the "announced" Ghorst LL for the DLC took many people by surprise. Since he was only a minor redshirt charakter in a campaignbook and just a lowly hero choice. Which breaks the old pattern to just pick 8th edition armybook Lords who are alive and that means the "free" LL may or may not be somenone entirly else. Maybe Banshee Nell or Wightking Verek, also lowly heroes from "Sigmars Blood", could be the surprise guest? Or will it just be "Ghorst" that is featured for free and no fourth mystery LL appears?

-----Red Dox

Yeah, the lack of flails and the crazy stocks and books tied to foreheads is a bit of a cop out on the flagellants, everything else I like the look of. I wish they had released the Celestial Hurricanum rather than a reskinned Luminarch but cest la vie.

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

It seems to me that CA has intentionally avoided including very popular units like carrabourgh great swords seeing that they are extensively covered by some pretty good mods. This way, those mods are still viable. If so, that's a nice move.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

finally we get Knights of the Blazing Sun!
    On the downside, most of recolours do look crappy ( though I like Flagellants and new Stirland units are neat

EDIT:

and here's the trailer
    Last edited by Beregond; August 23, 2016 at 08:12 AM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Great news!

The DLC is $7.99, full price (10% if you preorder)!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Also, Vlad von Carstein is the FLC lord. WOO!

Well at least they got the price in the right area this time. Might not skip this like I did Beastmen.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Is that battlefield the Howling Hills? where Morrsleib sneezed a big old warpstone meteor? Makes me dream of a Mordheim map abandoned city with tons o' nooks and crannies

I am trying to figure out the difference between the Corpse Cart and the Mortis Engine, their quite similar? I mean you wouldn't have both in your army would you?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Vladdy is Free-LC? Vlad is like a better version of Manfred. Manfred is already the best lord by far. Maybe he'll have shadow instead of death magic. Death magic is not all that it was now after all the nerfs.

Bit of a shame really that Vlad does not get more to him than a free-DLC. He's a major character in the Lore, although he's dead. New Ghoul King sounds totally OP, this Ghost character sound totally op. And More regeneration for the vampires all around. As if the Death Star was not good enough.

Also WHERE IS KRELL? (Kemmler is still wondering)
    Last edited by Påsan; August 23, 2016 at 07:22 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Vladdy is Free-LC? Vlad is like a better version of Manfred. Manfred is already the best lord by far. Maybe he'll have shadow instead of death magic. Death magic is not all that it was now after all the nerfs.

Bit of a shame really that Vlad does not get more to him than a free-DLC. He's a major character in the Lore, although he's dead. New Ghoul King sounds totally OP, this Ghost character sound totally op. And More regeneration for the vampires all around. As if the Death Star was not good enough.

Also WHERE IS KRELL? (Kemmler is still wondering)
    Both Vlad and Ghorst are suuuper OP, Vlad gives his entire army vanguard deployment and Ghorst gives his entire army poison attacks, so how they'll be balanced for multiplayer remains to be seen (not that I even play MP but still) not to mention Ghorst can spawn a unit of Grave Guards, or upgraded, a wight king.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Both Vlad and Ghorst are suuuper OP, Vlad gives his entire army vanguard deployment and Ghorst gives his entire army poison attacks, so how they'll be balanced for multiplayer remains to be seen (not that I even play MP but still) not to mention Ghorst can spawn a unit of Grave Guards, or upgraded, a wight king.
    As I understand it its Crypt Ghouls and Crypt Horrors.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin of Jerusalem View Post
    As I understand it its Crypt Ghouls and Crypt Horrors.
    That's the Strigoi ghoul king who is a normal lord, whereas Ghorst is a legendary.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Does anyone know vampire regiments of renown ?

They re in the steam page. Stupid for the most part but ok. I mean come on.... a named unit of zombies? The fact that they were in sigmars blood doesnt mean its clever to have them in game....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by drillmaster; August 24, 2016 at 05:20 AM.

So basically elite units DLC a la Shogun2's Sengoku Jidai pack? I also can't imagine them having named units for all factions. I mean Greenskins would be like a unit called "Tuff Stuff" being Black Orcs.

Theres only Ruglud's armored orcs with crossbows as far as i remember but yeah thats pretty much the idea.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    So basically elite units DLC a la Shogun2's Sengoku Jidai pack? I also can't imagine them having named units for all factions. I mean Greenskins would be like a unit called "Tuff Stuff" being Black Orcs.

If they can have unique zombies they can have unique anything. Its not like the Orcs lack self-awareness or an identity anyway, there's no reason why they should not get some unique stuff. There's already "the immortulz" in game.

Knight_Of_Ne's Avatar Miles

That corpse cart and Mortis engine look brilliant, they've really brought the models to life with those. The rest is pretty decent looking but those two really stand out.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

All the feature sare very cool with the exception of the regiments of reknown themselves which are just lazy. I bought the DLC for all the rest though. I also ask, when will they ever release Brettonnia? My guess is that they are working on wood elves and will release Brettonnia plus wood elves in the same campaign. I hope Im right!

I still miss a decent Kislev! There is a mod created by the Sich guys that is awesome. They still need proper bear mounts though. I wish CA would lend a hand by doing these themselves and adding as Free LC.

We also need more units for Chaos urgently!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast