Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regiments of Renown

Default Regiments of Renown

It seems there is something new coming:

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiments_of_Renown

I am personally sceptical. I would have expected a unitpack like we got for Nappy with special units which were all unique and fancy looking. This looks like and they say that just a simple reskinn of already existing units. The only think i like about it is to get finally units with better stats. However if they choose to make the Knights of the Pantherorder etc. just reskins of the normal knights i am quite disappointed.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: Regiments of Renown

well, we saw only 2 units out of 18 so far. And a new Legendary Lord will be included in the pack (bet it'll be Volkimar the Grim)

I'm honestly quite exited

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Yeah... I am hoping that they aren't just repaints and that they do have something unique to them.

Here's to remaining hopeful
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; August 16, 2016 at 09:24 AM.

Didn't they say there was going to be FLC alongside this release? Wonder whether we might be getting Bretonnia...

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    It seems there is something new coming:

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiments_of_Renown

I am personally sceptical. I would have expected a unitpack like we got for Nappy with special units which were all unique and fancy looking. This looks like and they say that just a simple reskinn of already existing units. The only think i like about it is to get finally units with better stats. However if they choose to make the Knights of the Pantherorder etc. just reskins of the normal knights i am quite disappointed.
    Um was not like every single unit for nappy basically a reskin of each other? Its only so much you can do with a dude who shoots a musket.

So 8 new units for the empire? Like they needed it

Wonder what faction the others are for though, Its either Orks or Dwarves.

axicup's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Almost sure it's gonna be the Dwarfs. Good Guys Pack first, then expect the Bad Boys.

Is there any chance they'll revive Vlad for VC LL FLC?

The first Lords Pack will ship with 18 of them – nine for one of the core playable races, and nine for another.
    So it will be 9 units for the Empire (one of the playable races)?
    and for the other 9, do they mean another core playable race, or a new faction?

PS: 9 Veteran units for the Empire... this will truly make them the unchallenged favorite of mine.
    New demipgryph unit, daaaaang
    Last edited by Nicolaos; August 12, 2016 at 04:33 AM.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Non sense DLC!

CA should add officer, flagbearer and musican instead of that junk stuff. Every mod unit is better! Also I hate always elite, special rare units dlc. I want battle with normal armies and some rare units and not 90% OP special forces!
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Um was not like every single unit for nappy basically a reskin of each other? Its only so much you can do with a dude who shoots a musket.

So 8 new units for the empire? Like they needed it

Thats true but some were more than a simple repaint like the Guard Seaman or the Empress Dragoons who had leopard hide under the sattle. I understand that there a limits but i would in the case for warhammer at leat expect a new kind of helmet for the gryphin units etc. For the Blood Knights they did a good job, although i find them ugly

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Is CA goig to introduce a mercenary system? Nobody has said anything about that

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Is CA goig to introduce a mercenary system? Nobody has said anything about that
    Not that it's something new. Even in TWW, the Undead already has similar Rasing dead mechanics.

Ueah but this adds new options for all factions and of course mods. Not sure if a AOE recruitment would be possible though. Thats what matters to me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    Non sense DLC!

CA should add officer, flagbearer and musican instead of that junk stuff. Every mod unit is better! Also I hate always elite, special rare units dlc. I want battle with normal armies and some rare units and not 90% OP special forces!
    Well the multi right now is kinda spammy on the infantry. Competative armies are pretty much never all elite.

Personally I think they should include a unit cap on elites and nerf healing potions. Balance is pretty much on point now though except from Chaos who sucks as always.

Whats the difference (except USD) compared with fine work of Additional Units Mod?
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra? quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia?

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Catilina View Post
    Whats the difference (except USD) compared with fine work of Additional Units Mod?
    That's it!

The units have no new function. They just have Maybe other color and stats. If I look at some mods, so they are better. I think of Empire mod where you able to recruit in Region Basic units of that duchy, what make empire as it is a republic of states. Or my chaos dwarf mod.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

people saw two units out of 18 and already draw conclusion all of them are repaints

TWC...TWC never changes

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    people saw two units out of 18 and already draw conclusion all of them are repaints

TWC...TWC never changes
    Volkmar The Grim as a playable lord :|, and a new way to recruit units, all I need is for the other part to be about undead, and I am sold.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Citizen

To be fair, the new "Regiments of Renown" don't seem any different from any other Unit Packs we've received from previous Total War titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Total War Forums
    On the battlefield, the unit will look very similar to the base unit it comes from, but will usually be differently coloured, textured, sized or in some cases have different weapons or armour to mark them out as different from the norm. Perhaps a mix of some or all of those differences, though ensuring readability in the heat of battle is still important.
    I can't wait to see what the new Legendary Lords have and what they can do. Hopefully they'll have quests and stuff along with them.

Citizen

http://imgur.com/a/al2nU

Full roosters ahoy.

Citizen

Ooooh, I do like the unique units and lords. Knights of the Blazing Sun? The Corpse Cart? THE MORTIS ENGINE!? CA is giving us some truly exciting goodies, aren't they? I wish the Flagellents had flails instead of the standard mace, but I can't complain too much. I wonder what's going to separate Ghorst from Kemmler. If they're both Necromancer LL's, I'm wondering how much of a difference there will be between the two.

As for the Regiments themselves, they're pretty much what CA said they'd be: just reskins of existing (and some of the new) units. Curious to see how they'll perform over their standard cousins, but overall, it's "meh."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast