Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: The Holy Roman Empire (REVAMP)

Zebtucker's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: The Holy Roman Empire (REVAMP)

Is there anything cooler then the knights of the kaiser ?

hessam's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    You are indeed correct. Certainly this month, can't quite give a specific date because we're still ironing out some bugs and issues.
    That's what we wanted to hear

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    You are indeed correct. Certainly this month, can't quite give a specific date because we're still ironing out some bugs and issues.

fine, but i'm just struggling for campaign

surely i'll quit my job when campaign is ready

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nice units.

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; September 24, 2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

UPDATE: I added some more units to the high and late eras that i'm sure you'll enjoy! Also you can play them in the August update like everything else.

hessam's Avatar Miles

funny, just about an hour ago or two I stumbled on a photo of a pavise shield with imperial emblems on it and wanted to post it here as a recommendation. Seems you were a step ahead of me
    and those pavisiers look astonishing indeed.
    Last edited by hessam; August 19, 2016 at 04:40 PM.

love the new release, but there is something i've thought about. Why is it that the early seargent gambesons or shirts seem more ragged or rough in comparrison to the schwyz and french? is it for diversity or something of the like?

I don't see anything rough or ragged about the sergeants. It's just different artwork so the units don't look repetitive through out all the factions.

okay. I am not that great on historical outfits, so i just felt like asking, since i thought french and german troops would have been pretty identical

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Shouldn t the two handed sword have a longer handle??? One of the hands holds the blade....

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    Unique unit idea for Saxony

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Vyland Axetrhrowers (Light Axe & Shield militia)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is based on a weapons requirement law for Vyland, the rural area around the Hanseatic town of Bremen in Germany 1390. The total requirement goes as this:

• Padded shirt.
    • Iron helm.
    • Iron gauntlets.
    • Shield.
    • A Throwing axe.
    • 4.5 m long pike.

Source:

"En jewelik lantman in de zulven Vylande schal hebben to ewigen tyden ene troyen, eyen yseren hud, en par wapenhanschen, enen schilt, ene worpbarden unde enen peck van zesteyn voten unde kortere nicht, by broke ener mark, ..."

"Every landman in this same Vyland (the municipal rural area around Bremen) shall have at all times a troyen (protective padded coat), an iron hat, a pair of gauntlets, a shield, a throwing axe and a pike of sixteen feet and not shorter, on pain of paying one mark, .... "

Ehmck, D.R. (1883), Bremisches Urkundenbuch, vol. 4; 1381-1410, p.161.

~Wille

That would be nice!!!!

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    Shouldn t the two handed sword have a longer handle??? One of the hands holds the blade....
    This is meant to represent halfswording. Also you will notice that all the units who have a two handed sword and hold the blade have gauntlets on. That is intended... On the other hand not all men who have poleaxes wear those.

Yes a very nice addition. Perhaps you could let some men carry their swords the other way around so it looks like they beat the opponent to death with the pommel and crossguard .

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That's actually a pretty good idea. ^^

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; September 24, 2016 at 11:05 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Filips Augustus View Post
    Yes a very nice addition. Perhaps you could let some men carry their swords the other way around so it looks like they beat the opponent to death with the pommel and crossguard .
    )

Artifex

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File...tein)_107v.jpg

Some new animations perhaps...

Yup I must admit I didn t knew this technique and about the ricasso... to be honest when I saw the unit it crossed my mind of an adaptation so to hold the sword with two hands and I did saw the iron gloves... also knew of the stabbing technique with the greatsword... my bad but ty I ve learned smth new today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ricasso.jpg

Halfswords... hmm nice!
    Last edited by Visarion; August 29, 2016 at 12:57 AM.

Nikoline's Avatar Foederatus

Great work,they are beautiful.But I am wonder where is the Empire foot knights?

hessam's Avatar Miles

Could you guys modify the animation on knights so they actually hold their lances straight up or rest it on their shoulders instead of at an angle? the charging looks great though, I'm just talking about their normal stance.

This is what I mean:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval-battle-20110716-1971.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	380.7 KB 
ID:	340063
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13f752dea0456b6acf4dcb59cb277de9.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	340064

Not sure if this is of any use, but here is an image of 'German knights' as per Der Weisskunig (so late era, possibly Habsburg knights). Maybe useful for Dismounted knights/MAA :

I'd really prefer it, if that knights with this red-golden color combination would wear black-golden as they were not only the Imperial colors, but also since the 1200s part of the coat of arms used by the House of Wittelsbach (a golden Lion on a black background) and also by the City of Munich.

Here's a reenactor playing Otto IV btw, but I guees you already know that image.