Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sarzamin Javid 1.5 ( The Immortal land )

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: Sarzamin Javid 1.2

Finally I was able to launch the game with your mod.

I remember you said me that as base for your pack you used Swiss Halberdier's AUM pack and this sadly creates hard incompatibility problem.

Reason is that you've not modified the codenames of some of Swiss units when you was creating your own. I discovered it because I correctly see your units in the custom battle menu BUT the name of some of them is the one of Swiss' units.

I will show you a pic from the inside of your main pack:

http://imgur.com/a/1zMWO

all "aum" entries must be renamed to make your units indipendent and perfectly working.
    I've also given a look to all other tables and as expected, these are all Swiss pack entries and attributes.

Hope all this is modified in the forthcoming upgrade

I know... But it works fine without aum mod .
    As I said I started making this mod about two years ago and I was very inexperienced so I couldn't make units my self. But now every thing is deferent ...
    Its a hard job to fix this problem , but I will try to fix it in the next version.

it's indeed acceptable. I would have done the same, using as base, a pack created by one of the more polite and accurate db editors of total war series (his packs Always run, Always or he would not release..I'm seeing this also in these day, meanwhile we work - he works-, helping me to import into vanilla many units I made in the past for Attila), but it would be good now to solve this problem; I'm not so skilled but it is almost a matter of patience and time. and it would be correct about Swiss H. and his AUM (but you are a correct man too, and you know this).

I can't offer so big help, both because I'm not so skilled in DB editing and because in these months I've big real life problems at home BUT, something I could make, because I really love your project and it collects the best sourches created for this game. Plus I was missing since ages, you know, a decent sassanian army.

It's time to make this mod a Giant, running in its perfect splendour.

Here my suggestions, coming from what I learnt from Swiss Halberdier:

1. Make first easier things: go to variant mesh files and RENAME the aum entries. This is the really easier action, I made the same renaming some units I made for radious charlemagne dlc. Example: aum_picts_pikemen.variantmeshdefinitions ---> shapur_sass_name_of_the_unit_inf (or cav, or miss).variantmeshdefinitions

Putting the final name of the unit into the codename of the variant mesh file will make easier to find everywhere in the future, entries of this unit.

2. Make an Excel folio where you put a clear list of ALL your new units with: name - role - tier - and codename. Example: "Elite Immortals" - Spear infantry - Tier 3 (=elite) shapur_sass_elite_imm_t3_sp_inf.variantmeshdefinitions

This will help you to have a clear profile of each units when you will go to balance and assign abilities, spacing etc in the future.

Work on these 2 steps before thinking to balancing units, stats, abilities...the more you create a polished and clear base for your units, the more you will work fast and without issue when you will go to edit the db stats of each unit.

By my side, if you would send me the upgraded version of your mod (the one you're working on in these days, not the one we can download from this thread). I could take a look and help renaming vm files of the units.

Once these steps are done, I could also test units to check possible visual bugs (I saw a pair of visual bugs Yesterday evening but it was not clear in which units).

Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    I remember you said me that as base for your pack you used Swiss Halberdier's AUM pack and this sadly creates hard incompatibility problem.
    Reason is that you've not modified the codenames of some of Swiss units when you was creating your own. I discovered it because I correctly see your units in the custom battle menu BUT the name of some of them is the one of Swiss' units.
    I will show you a pic from the inside of your main pack:
    http://imgur.com/a/1zMWO
    all "aum" entries must be renamed to make your units indipendent and perfectly working.
    I've also given a look to all other tables and as expected, these are all Swiss pack entries and attributes.
    Hope all this is modified in the forthcoming upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapur e Sassani View Post
    I know... But it works fine without aum mod .
    As I said I started making this mod about two years ago and I was very inexperienced so I couldn't make units my self. But now every thing is deferent ...
    Its a hard job to fix this problem , but I will try to fix it in the next version.
    Yes exactly DramaBelli is right. Please change all name-references which refer to my AUM units as otherwise your mod highly conflicts with mine if a player uses both mods together.

Basically you would need to go through all your DB tables, vm files, icons and your .loc file to change all unit_IDs to your own named unit_IDs.

If you did polish your mod I could then include your unit names into the UPC language translation project that non-English players can see your unit names too.

A good meant recommendation about using stuff from other mods. If you use stuff from other mods, you should please inform the related modder about this, ask for permission and give credits in your thread. That's the usual rule between modders.

I am trying to fix the db tables and the variantmesh files and the names in the next version
    P.s
    Dear Linke
    Here are the city names you wanted

Mazun : omana
    makran : pura,harmozia.
    aria : phra,harev.
    abarshahr : abarshahr
    parthia : merv,dahistan
    Atropaten : ganzaga,ecbatana,rhaga

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Thanks but I already sent the startpos file for you, did you receive my message?

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Thanks but I already sent the startpos file for you, did you receive my message?
    Realy ? I haven't receive it !
    Can you please send it again?
    Last edited by Shapur e Sassani; October 08, 2016 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Yes exactly DramaBelli is right. Please change all name-references which refer to my AUM units as otherwise your mod highly conflicts with mine if a player uses both mods together.

Basically you would need to go through all your DB tables, vm files, icons and your .loc file to change all unit_IDs to your own named unit_IDs.

If you did polish your mod I could then include your unit names into the UPC language translation project that non-English players can see your unit names too.

A good meant recommendation about using stuff from other mods. If you use stuff from other mods, you should please inform the related modder about this, ask for permission and give credits in your thread. That's the usual rule between modders.
    I have tried every thing but the damned game crashes ...
    I tried to change the table names at first , but it crashed...
    Then I tried to make new tables and remove the old ones but it crashed again ... It's about two days that I am trying but the game crash is the only thing I see... Plz some one help me to change the sum data bases in my pack file...

pack will not work until you have changed the vm files name and reported this modification in all DB tables where the vm names are required. If you simply edit the vm files names, leaving in the db tables the old entries from AUM pack, game will crash. If you modify all entries in all the pack (db section + variantmesh files), game will work.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    pack will not work until you have changed the vm files name and reported this modification in all DB tables where the vm names are required. If you simply edit the vm files names, leaving in the db tables the old entries from AUM pack, game will crash. If you modify all entries in all the pack (db section + variantmesh files), game will work.
    Believe me I did everything you said ! Every thing! And its not working ! I can upload it if you want...

ok upload it and I can try to take a look, sometimes a different eye can see what a tired eye, used to watch Always the same lines, could not see; many times in the past we solved bugs by this way!

Here is the link
    https://ufile.io/0226
    The link will be deleted automatically in seven seven days
    Last edited by Shapur e Sassani; October 12, 2016 at 01:07 AM.

I did everything you said again but still it doesn't works... guess its not going to happen
    so I think the mod is going to be continued this way...
    next version :
    New unit has been added to the eastern roman empire and the Sassanid Empire's map has been extended thanks to linke my good friend
    and new skins added to the sassanid and roman faction leaders

Shapur the second's (Bahram the Forth's father) war outfit :

Historical Resourses

Last edited by Shapur e Sassani; October 13, 2016 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapur e Sassani View Post
    I did everything you said again but still it doesn't works... guess its not going to happen
    so I think the mod is going to be continued this way...
    next version :
    New unit has been added to the eastern roman empire and the Sassanid Empire's map has been extended thanks to linke my good friend
    and new skins added to the sassanid and roman faction leaders

Shapur the second's (Bahram the Forth's father) war outfit :

Historical Resourses

Ideas?

Default Re: Sarzamin Javid 1.5 ( Immortal land )

Glad to see your update! I like the new helmet for Shapur and new pteryges for Arcadius ... well, I think it is no necessary to add a complex belt for Honorius, because the belt is covering by his scale lamellar armour.

By the way, two months ago, I made a short introduction about your Sarzamin Javid to my friends, and they were surprised, they said you are making a wonderful project such as Broken Crescent (They call it 'great BC' ). You know, there are many western units in MK2-TW but few for the eastern world, so the Broken Crescent mod which laid more emphasis on the Middle East once made us feeling fresh and new, and now we surprised again in Attila. Thank you for bring these to us, Shapur!

Default Re: Sarzamin Javid 1.5 ( Immortal land )

Quote Originally Posted by CROWNROBIN View Post
    Glad to see your update! I like the new helmet for Shapur and new pteryges for Arcadius ... well, I think it is no necessary to add a complex belt for Honorius, because the belt is covering by his scale lamellar armour.

By the way, two months ago, I made a short introduction about your Sarzamin Javid to my friends, and they were surprised, they said you are making a wonderful project such as Broken Crescent (They call it 'great BC' ). You know, there are many western units in MK2-TW but few for the eastern world, so the Broken Crescent mod which laid more emphasis on the Middle East once made us feeling fresh and new, and now we surprised again in Attila. Thank you for bring these to us, Shapur!
    Thank you my friend. You really made me happy

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Sarzamin Javid 1.5 ( The Immortal land )

Your mod is looks so nice ,This makes me sad that I can't play it for myself as I don't have Attila keep up the great work though ,I'm following your works

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I have to ask who made that very great mask of shapur?

excellent . bravo . this mod is a great mod.
    I would recommend to all that use this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    I have to ask who made that very great mask of shapur?
    One of my friends . his name is mohammad esmaeili

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast