Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Next 2 faction slots

Default Re: Next 2 faction slots

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    a second germanic faction would be way cool.
    We already have two Germanic factions.

I've been watching Ancient Aliens and they say that aliens did all kinds of stuff in the ancient world so because everything on TV is true I think the team should add an aliens faction. Then whenever they do something I can say "ALIENS" and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bob124 View Post
    I've been watching Ancient Aliens and they say that aliens did all kinds of stuff in the ancient world so because everything on TV is true I think the team should add an aliens faction. Then whenever they do something I can say "ALIENS" and be happy.
    Wrong thread, mate.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by bob124 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Wrong thread, mate.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

The Elite Alien faction units will be Predators and Xenomorphs

Epilektoi Xenomorphoi and hypaspredatorai, no english names you heretic !

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

And perhaps they should add a Engineer/Spacejockey unit as well
    aka the 9 foot creator humanoids from Prometheus

It would be your starting roster.
    You would need to wait until turn 7500, build pyramids and win at least 4 large battles against the britanoi for the alien reforms to trigger, which will allow you to get the late predators and xenomorphs

Also gives you the ability to build the "allied illuminatii global government" in any settlement

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Sayn1911 View Post
    Also gives you the ability to build the "allied illuminatii global government" in any settlement
    Shouldn't that be "allied illuminatii local government" , the global one is buildable in the capital and is named - "seat of the illuminatii global government".
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I can also imagine an Engineer Toxotai unit with arrows dipped in the Black goo
    http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Chemical_A...1_%E2%80%93_15

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    Shouldn't that be "allied illuminatii local government" , the global one is buildable in the capital and is named - "seat of the illuminatii global government".
    Historically, research by the finest historians has shown that Aliens did not have an official capital.
    Moreover, illuminatii can be at mutiple locations simultaneously and can communicate by thought, so local government are made obsolete by the reforms. It is known.
    Thus each global government relay also gives a 5% increase in public order by law in every settlement.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm a fan of the idea of using a faction slot to create a shadow faction for the player, if that can be done. Just a generic faction with regional recruitment that the script attaches to the human players faction, if that can be done (I really have no idea).

None-the-less, I'm looking forward to see what the new faction is

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

the team will add a new 2 factions only in the next releases and will not declare, so we will discover it by simply start a new campaign.

I read that a so call "barbarian faction" would possibly be...since the new guys are pretty look like barbarians......I think maybe place in a area between steppe and Germanic area...or the Galatian...since they are celts living in inner Anatolian area.
    but by taking into account the number of regions of this areas...Anatolia has not so much room for an extra faction...so France or est of Germany would be possible...or maybe they will implement an other faction like Marsille greek or a people that we don't consider like Atropatene or a Caucasian kingdom....or a faction between the arche seleukeia and the Indians..

let them choice and surprise us!

Biarchus

It won't be Galatia. They just spent an enormous amount of effort on the rebel stack script.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    It won't be Galatia. They just spent an enormous amount of effort on the rebel stack script.
    Indeed, there isn't really enough room for all the factions already in Anatolia as it is.

Semisalis

With the amount of scripting in place to make Galatia behave as if it was a full faction, it may as well be a full faction. Anatolia is already a bloody playground, but given the unique nature of their culture and units I think Galatia would be an excellent addition. However it's obvious that will not happen.

My guess is it will be two of these three: Syracuse, Massalia, or a Thracian faction. All would make interesting new factions and add much to their respective areas of the world. Syracuse would complicate the Roman-Carthage conflict, Massalia could bring a unique Greek-Celtic unit roster, and Thrace would limit the expansion of Getai and Makedonia as well as bring a completely unique set of units.

Personally I would like to see the Ardiaei take one of the slots. Arguably they meet the criteria laid out by the team, the roster is pretty much created already, there are plenty of rebel regions in that area to allow for expansion, and they would also counterbalance the Getae nearby....

Belgae and Illyrians. You heard it here first. I would love to see Massalia, Syracuse, African, Media Apratopene or another steppe faction (massagetae?) but it is not going to happen. Never.
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Quote Originally Posted by mckeen View Post
    Personally I would like to see the Ardiaei take one of the slots. Arguably they meet the criteria laid out by the team, the roster is pretty much created already, there are plenty of rebel regions in that area to allow for expansion, and they would also counterbalance the Getae nearby....
    Bit too far west though. They'd hem in Epiros even more than they are already.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast