Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Next 2 faction slots

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Next 2 faction slots

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlack103 View Post
    Illyria would be my choice, if only because I think their units have really nice aesthetics. Might also provide a bit of a buffer to Makedonia or Getai becoming huge. Can't comment on the historical constraints.
    that would severely limit Epieros' expansion though as they can only expand north without facing another faction right away.

Well what I would like would be 2 factions just for the player (they would only exist if chosen by the player at start of a new campaign) like kinda of revolting factions like for example an Achaemenid Persian faction (in Persis) and a native Egyptian faction (in Upper Egypt), although it didn't happen could very well eventually happened (there was some Egyptian revolts attempts actually) ^^ Alternatively maybe a Phoenician revolting faction in Phoenicia. This way it wouldn't disrupt the historical accuracy of the mod unless the player himself chose so. I doubt you guys will even consider it, but asking doesn't harm

Another possible interesting revolting faction would be a Babylonian faction of some sorts in Babylonia xd

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quoting the EB Team themselves:
    Before any faction can be included in EB, it must first meet certain pre-approved conditions. These conditions include existence at the start date (272BC), desire/historical precedence for expansion, availability of good sources, uniqueness, and military prowess among others.
    From: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Preview-Arabia (as i said a million times everyone should read this awesome preview )

Why not a Syrakousai?

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by deoved View Post
    Why not a Syrakousai?
    They would if anything be a part of Koinon Hellenon if Rhodos, Athenai and Sparte are all one faction.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

And i think qs allready said there wont be another hellenistic faction

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    They would if anything be a part of Koinon Hellenon if Rhodos, Athenai and Sparte are all one faction.
    They wouldn't. The Koinon Hellenon represents the alliance of poleis that fought the Macedonians in the Chremonidean War. Syrakousai wasn't be a part of that AFAIK.

Syrakousai has much the same issue as Meroe and the Yuezhi: little to no room to expand before bumping into other (in this case larger) factions.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Would be better to have those 2 faction slots represent the usurpers or the more aggressive rebels of many factions? An Eastern or Western Rebels that would represent rebellious princes, rival nomadic leaders, ambitious generals or bandits or simply the more sucessful rebels similar to Spartacus or the Carthaginian Mercenaries after the First Punic Wars.

quite doubt the unit limit would fit even more units for 2 other new factions especially since many other factions that aren't Rome, Carthage, or Hellenic are still barebones in terms of roster and I'm not even mentioning the armor upgrades.

We're not going to use those slots for shadow factions of existing ones. That would be a wasted slot, to over-lavish one faction with options.

So, Belgae?

Belgae and Illyrians.

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    So, Belgae?
    Im preaty sure Belgae will be one of it.
    But for other one, i completly have no idea. I was also sure that other one will be some ilirian faction, but from what i've read its not likely. So i absolutly have no idea what other one is going to be.

Biarchus

Maybe the team doesn't even know yet.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Belgae (Remi, Suessiones or Bellovaci), Balkanic Celts (Scordisci) or Illyrians (Ardiaei or Dardani).
    The Illyrians are the less suitable in regards of the conditions for a new faction, but they can bring uniqueness even if it's seem not like a valid argument for the ebteam.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Cimbri would be awesome

While it isn't another "Hellenistic Faction" because for as much I love ancient Greece there is just too much hellenism everywhere in the map lol I would rather play a faction that isn't neither hellenistic nor "barbarian" because at least how I like to play is to build an Empire with great cities, roads, etc and there are a lot of barbarians around already. Anyway I already gave my suggestions, I think it would be more interesting than adding a couple of factions only a few would eventually play because all important and interesting factions from that time frame are already in the mod.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    Still I think the africans are not so easily dismissed as the Garamantians or Ethiopians are a must if we are talking large gaps that need some love.
    Good luck building a decent Garamantian roster out of the, mostly even unpublished, crumbs of sources. Already the current Garamantian units are a far stretch.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; August 11, 2016 at 07:57 PM.

If there is a set of units that annoys me, it's the Garamantians.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Of course one of the next factions will be the Belgae. Europa Barbarorum has always had a love affair with Celts to the point of Galatian Royal Swordsmen running wild all over Egypt and the Seleucid Empires in EB1. Don't forget how in the said unit description they claimed that modern day Egyptians are descended from Celts.

For the remaining faction, now that is an interesting question. Why not a declining Scythia faction that is halfway between being a nomadic horse archer faction and one that has taken an interest in settling the cities of the Black Sea littoral? If not that, what's exactly wrong with the Yuezhi? I would love to play as them.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast