Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Next 2 faction slots

Default Next 2 faction slots

Which factions will be added in EB2 in the future? Has the EB2 team yet decided?

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Next 2 faction slots

Hopefully Axum and Yuezi. If there are really two left. Doesn't "new guys" count as a faction?

there definitely needs to be another african faction to balance Ptolemy and carthage.

I suppose the best sense is in introducing a faction into an area which is usually uncontested (Ptolemaic areas seem to be very uncontested). A Caledonian might help to prevent the Pritanoi from mobbing the Isles, but is there enough historical information to support a full faction? Probably not.

Belgae could add some interesting dynamics to NW EU, a region which never seems to get too cramped in my playthroughs. I'll suggest the Veneti tribe of Caesar's account, though just out of personal interest; three Gaulish factions seems unfair. Maybe a faction squeezed in that peninsula might expand into the British Isles anyway!
    Last edited by hlidskjalf; August 07, 2016 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    Hopefully Axum and Yuezi. If there are really two left. Doesn't "new guys" count as a faction?

there definitely needs to be another african faction to balance Ptolemy and carthage.
    What is "new guys"?

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by andrea.bettini View Post
    What is "new guys"?
    A joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    A joke.
    I thought it had something to do with the recruitment script

I thought it had something to do with the horde mechanic.

I also realy hope for african faction. Axum crossed fingers

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Yuezi would be awesome, but wouldnt they have to be an emergent faction ?

There's not going to be another faction in Britain, that's a non-starter.

And given we have neither a dedicated historian for the region, nor any culture slots left, an African one is pretty unlikely.

I personally can't see how the Yuezhi would do anything but detract from the Saka Rauka.

What about a faction that starts with eastern imperial as its native culture? There isn't one in the mod yet.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There's not going to be another faction in Britain, that's a non-starter.

And given we have neither a dedicated historian for the region, nor any culture slots left, an African one is pretty unlikely.

I personally can't see how the Yuezhi would do anything but detract from the Saka Rauka.
    I dont quite follow on the Yuezhi part ? What do you mean with distract ?

he means they might just replace the saka in terms of importance, which I could see, as the saka are already really weak at the start of the game and only usually get weaker over time- at least that has been my experience when not playing as them. They already have to deal with Sarumatae, Baktria, Pahlava and Takashila and sometimes Seleucids... so they have enough on their plate. Adding another faction in the far east might just be redundant especially considering that there are no emergent factions anyway and for the Yuezhi that would be a necessity from the start.

Still I think the africans are not so easily dismissed as the Garamantians or Ethiopians are a must if we are talking large gaps that need some love. A Baltic faction might be a possibility or perhaps another caucasian faction like Kartli. It seems too easy right now for either the Lugiones or Suebi to expand and conquer russia if they take one of each other out early. which happens frequently.
    Last edited by RedGuard; August 08, 2016 at 02:15 AM.

Well the Saka need some more roster expansions either way. Though my experience has differed from what I have seen so far, Id like to see an invasion of sorts to happen in the 2 B.C and maybe some Yuezhi units.

The problem with factions in the Baltic and Russia proper is a lack of information I guess ?

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

The problem with an african faction is also a big map limitation. They have no way to expand anywhere else other than by fighting a war with the ptolemys. I talked a bit with brennus and i have to say i find a belgian faction quite interessting. Illyrians and thracians would also be interessting but i think it was said that it also wont be a thracian faction

Indeed. But African faction would be way more unique then another 'barbarian'. But its up to you guys to decide. I will respect whatever you decide.

More "unique" is an irrelevant consideration. We have rather more pressing constraints that preclude uniqueness.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Indeed. But African faction would be way more unique then another 'barbarian'. But its up to you guys to decide. I will respect whatever you decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    More "unique" is an irrelevant consideration. We have rather more pressing constraints that preclude uniqueness.
    I can already imagine the backlash if we make an e.g. Meroitic faction without African people in its event pics.*shudders*

Given the engine limits, we probably wouldn't be able to do a faction from that region justice.

P.S. If the various pre-Roman Iron Age European (rolls right off your tongue ) factions all still feel like generic "barbarians", we've arguably failed in one of our goals.
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; August 08, 2016 at 03:22 PM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by QWE_asd View Post
    What about a faction that starts with eastern imperial as its native culture? There isn't one in the mod yet.
    That would be cool, but who would that be?

Illyria would be my choice, if only because I think their units have really nice aesthetics. Might also provide a bit of a buffer to Makedonia or Getai becoming huge. Can't comment on the historical constraints.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast