Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Next 2 faction slots

Default Re: Next 2 faction slots

Quote Originally Posted by Rail93 View Post
    Belgae and Illyrians. You heard it here first. I would love to see Massalia, Syracuse, African, Media Apratopene or another steppe faction (massagetae?) but it is not going to happen. Never.
    Actually, Belgae and Ardiaoi (or how the hell is it spelled, it was one of most important Illyrian tribes) is an option that many have already considered and asked for before, including myself.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Still weeping for Meroe...
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Still weeping for Meroe...
    I'm not going to completely rule them out, but I don't think they're a close contender anymore. We most likely wouldn't be able to do them justice in regards to their UI due to engine limits (can you imagine the outrage we'd get if we released the faction without African portraits or event pictures? *shudders*) and they have basically no room to expand whatsoever before they hit the Ptolemaic roadblock to the north (and the Sabaeans to the east).
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Personally, I would be very interested to see the city of Massalia(Marseilles) as a faction. As a Hellenistic faction it would provide an interesting playthrough in the west opposing the Romans and Carthaginians and the Gaul factions and providing a chance for Hellenic hegemonia to the west. Moreover the coach of today Provence and Catalonia was home to a number of Greek colonies and, in terms of reform, it would be interesting to see a hellenic faction turning into a helleno-gaulish state, and even the Celtic factions borrowing greek elements to advance their administration, like the Nabatu becoming Philhellenic.
    As a second faction, perhaps Illyrians would be interesting. I don't know if Ardiaioi could be that faction as it is too close to Epeiros and with the Epeirote army away, Epeiros would be wiped out from turn 2. Perhaps if it were in Scorda province of Illyria, I don't know.
    Anyway, that's what I've been thinking playing the game. I don't know if these are feasible or the limitations of the game. Keep up the good work guys!!!

The thing is that I just want to kick the foreign Ptolemies into the Mediterranean (yeah I know Kushites are not native Egyptians but still close enough) I have to admit that I am certainly biased towards the inclusion of "civilized" factions.

Syracuse would be nice I think.
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

Just a quick question: Wasn't the inclusion of an Indian faction also not deemed feasible? What is fundamentelly different when putting Pontus and Taxila are in the same culture group but Meroe not in the semitic one?
    Last edited by Morrowgan; April 20, 2017 at 05:16 PM.

I remember contributing to this discussion years ago before EBII was actually released. I had a list drawn up of most likely candidates and always concluded that a region of Illyria or in the area of the Caucasus are the final two logical places for another faction in terms of gameplay. The Nervii in the area of Belgae are a possibility but the area already has quite a few similar factions. Asia Minor is too crowded for Bithynia or Galatia. Sicily does not warrant three factions present and Syracuse was more dominated by other powers in this time period. An Aethopian faction would be interesting, but as already mentioned over the years the culture slots are full. There are more than enough nomadic factions present and the Tocharians/Yuezhi would not be present for the start date anyway.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

I think the next factions will be a thracian-illyrian faction, and the belgae. Personally I would trade the belgae for massilia. The region around massilia is actually rather empty. Look on the map: all provinces adjacent to massilia are eleutheroi. Belgae region is also empty, but I find a gallo-hellenic faction to be more interesting than just a gallic one (I have a bias to "civilized" factions, I admit). Afaik the greeks were always a pita for Carthage, and massilia would give agency for the greeks in the western mediterranean. Syracuse could fill that role also, but their geographical position is less suited. Thus, to represent western greeks, massilia is better. But I understand that people might feel that there's already too many hellenistic factions.

I agree an Illyrian faction would be interesting, at some point I kinda of made an Illyria faction from Epeiros forcing myself to only have Native Administration and only recruit Illyrian troops and it was fun ahah Something I also did was delete everything from the mercenaries spawning file so that there wasn't never mercenaries to be recruited by me or the AI, I also did this in a few other campaigns and makes the game much harder because you can't just get an army out of nowhere to defend from a surprise attack

We've ruled it out pretty conclusively; but if anyone wants to play a game as Syrakousai, without all the hassle of migrating them yourself, try this submod.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

very good.

here, on the old EB1 site there is a good path to figure out what would or may be the next factions.... I think...since the rebels began a new factions in EB2

http://www.europabarbarorum.com/EB1/...i_history.html

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    very good.

here, on the old EB1 site there is a good path to figure out what would or may be the next factions.... I think...since the rebels began a new factions in EB2

http://www.europabarbarorum.com/EB1/...i_history.html
    also there is a file named "leader_pic_f_bellouakoi". the bellovaci, a belgan tribe. So belgians seem very likely.

meisdabosch's Avatar Laetus

Any news on what the "new guys" may be? I couldn't find any info elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We've ruled it out pretty conclusively; but if anyone wants to play a game as Syrakousai, without all the hassle of migrating them yourself, try this submod.
    Have you considered merging Aedui and Aruernoi in 1 faction with some Confederation dominance script that changes your roster to either Aeudi or Aruernoi(to avoid the writing hassle in the files), depending on your script choice or something.So we have 1 more slot to fill the void areas of NorthWest Europe and Illyria/South East Central Europe ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456