Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [INFO & ANNOUNCEMENT] WotN: Grand Campaign

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Wrath of the Norsemen: 2016 New Release [INFO & ANNOUNCEMENT]

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    yes there should be only the Exploratores(javelin/axe), Scutarii Minores(spear/shield),Sagittarii Minores(archers) and Milites Descensi(sword/heavy infantry/dismounted knights).
    in 876, upon the death of Louis the German, the Franks were mainly occupied with beating each others up. their military had probably not evolved much since Charles the Great.
    the army were hardly professional and mainly relied on the size of its recruitment area and cavalry.
    it was this tradition for cavalry tactics that were fully embraced by by the decendants of Rollo and his Norse band, the Normans.

it was more or less this army composition that beat the Magyars at Lechfeld, where Otto the Great were proclaimed Emperor by the army on the battlefield. it was this great success and possibly closer political ties to Italy that helped Otto shape things up and eventually birth the HRE.
    as of 876 the Franks are still being toyed with by Viking raiders.
    Interesting history there, but what i meant was the Magyars in-game has alot more varied troops so it's hard for the Franks to beat them with only one unit of all their units in custom battle- they would need to have more than one of the same unit to be able to beat the Magyars in this. Or get new ones..
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

why should the various faction rosters be evenly matched? why not aim for as a correct army composition as can be realistically achieved?
    that might add some variation of strategy and suspense to the campaign.

has the two rosters been balanced based upon a common scheme and criteria?
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    why should the various faction rosters be evenly matched? why not aim for as a correct army composition as can be realistically achieved?
    that might add some variation of strategy and suspense to the campaign.

has the two rosters been balanced based upon a common scheme and criteria?
    No, we haven't started balancing yet.

However, i tought the greater factions should have at least two rows of units- but as you say they don't need to have it. But it adds to more unit variation. I guess they don't need any more units if we are aiming for historical accuracy only. But the game is more fun when having more units in an army.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

I'd say once the reform kicking in they should get additional units. They start out as a rather large faction so a little added difficulty in the early game may be nice. Also would they have access to some AoR units? That could help spice up their roster tull the reforms.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    I'd say once the reform kicking in they should get additional units. They start out as a rather large faction so a little added difficulty in the early game may be nice. Also would they have access to some AoR units? That could help spice up their roster tull the reforms.
    They are large, but they are also split into two factions- we'll need some variations between the eastern and western parts.

- The Havamal

Oh so that's TLK. I have it installed but i wasn't aware there are units from WOT in it. I can't wait for the relese of this, hope you make it!
    And please, please make the hotseat campagin available if you can.

Super mod

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

UPDATE

We have been working hard, and I'm happy to say that the progress we have been making is tremendous! There have been a few changes to the information in this preview, including a couple faction changes. We look forward to previewing this soon... and maybe even releasing it soon too!

Progress:

Map: 90%
    Rosters: 95%
    Coding: 80%
    Research: 90%
    Other: 85%

Great news Keep up the good work

But why the hell, Hel consists of small islands? This is peninsula https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_Peninsula

Could you change it?

I noticed there is no Magyars and Pechenegs in faction showup . Why is this so ?

And btw, will The Great Conflicts mod give you permision of some of they units ? As they have similiar timeframe and factions mod.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Really happy to say the Magyars WILL be in game, it was just uncertain when this preview was originally shared.

Pechenegs are a strong possibility too. They will likely be included now or in a future release. As I shared earlier, there have been some adjustments to the faction roster which we will share soon.

The Great Conflicts will not give us permission to use their units until it is released, which is fair enough I think. WotN will likely be released first though, as we are quite close to completion.

And I am happy as you are to hear those things!
    I am looking forward to see adjusted rosters!

And I also hope that you cooperate with TGC, as they have great units for this era

EDIT: I just saw what you said regarding TGC, so im sry for mentioning it over.

Quote Originally Posted by -wino- View Post
    Great news Keep up the good work

But why the hell, Hel consists of small islands? This is peninsula https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_Peninsula

Could you change it?
    the wikipedia article you linked to clearly states that:
    "Until the 17th century the peninsula was a chain of islands that formed a strip of land only during the summer."
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Oops, my bad Polish version of this article provides more information but does not mention anything about this fact. Sorry for the confusion

Hello!

May my mind slip only, but, where can I find a DL link for this awesome mod?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    Hello!

May my mind slip only, but, where can I find a DL link for this awesome mod?

Thanks in advance!

It's not released yet! It is written in the thread-name that it's going to be released this year- not that it's released already..

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    And I am happy as you are to hear those things!
    I am looking forward to see adjusted rosters!

And I also hope that you cooperate with TGC, as they have great units for this era

EDIT: I just saw what you said regarding TGC, so im sry for mentioning it over.
    We already have the carolingian Francish roster of TGC- the rest will come later when TGC is released, rosters for the Romans, Moravians and Magyars?

In the meantime we have unique rosters from TLK and EoR.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 29, 2016 at 11:15 AM.

- The Havamal

Yeah, I have come to that conclusion, too Thanks anyway!

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Hello, how is the work going?

Yes how is progress me want the mod now.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast