Thread: Since Updates what turn does Chaos Arrive?

Default Since Updates what turn does Chaos Arrive?

I've played various campaigns with all factions and Chaos would always show up around turn 50.

I've just started a new Empire campaign on Hard and on turn 80 with no announcement that Chaos has arrived - has something changed since the Beastmen / updates came out?

Default Re: Since Updates what turn does Chaos Arrive?

Chaos does come a bit later now but not hugely so. I think I had the first notice of Chaos arriving around turn 78 or thereabouts.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

turn 80 I think ...
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

it can also depend if you as orcs or dwarves control the whole badlands before a certain time then the will come earlier than that
    for empire if you confederate all elector counts then they will also come earlier than a certain time
    for VC i assume that it is the same as for the empire but then taking the whole empire by conquest but I dont know for sure
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thanks for the replies, I carried on my campaign and they turned up about turn 90. It caught me out as I was bracing for them from turn 50 and had I of known they would be later I'd have expanded more and stayed at war with a couple of factions rather than making peace ready for Chaos.

Might restart my campaign based on this and I'll let you know what turn they show up on.

The Norsicans don't seem to play such a big role since the beastman patch. There now seem to be two Chaos invasion events. The first, lesser one, on very hard, sees four half stacks of Chaos warriors spawn. These seem sufficient to decimate Kislev and AI provinces. Later, Archaon spawns with full stacks, along with other legendary Chaos lords (bird, pretty boy and sorcerer) and a new Chaos/beast faction.

In terms of when they spawn, it may have a random element but it seems to be linked to how fast you expand. Often they seem to trigger just after I have acquired a region, making me think of a "realm divide" type mechanic based on "imperium" or size of territory like in Shogun 2.

Someone on the official forums said they were linked to chapter objectives, which would simplify matters. I did notice the smaller Chaos invasion happened in my latest VH Empire game just when I completed the "conquer 8 regions" chapter (IIRC, chapter 3 around turn 63). Maybe Archaon will appear when I've completed the next chapter "conquer 10 regions" or maybe he's about to come, I am not sure. Someone with more game time experience may be able to comment.

EDIT: Playing on a bit, Archaon spawned on turn 106. My realm was pretty large, 29 regions - pretty much all the Empire except for 4 provinces owned by Boris. However, the spawning did not coincide with a chapter ending - I was still something like 11/14 settlements complete on that chapter.
    Last edited by econ21; August 10, 2016 at 08:34 PM.

The Chaos invasion script will trigger on those conditions only:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - If the player reaches a certain imperium level (level 4 I think)
    - Otherwise the first wave will arrive around turn 80 more or less (was turn 50 before the latest patch)

The number of waves and armies spawn depend on the difficulty level.

Exactly. I always wait it out with the Empire. I only conquer Reikland and chaos always appears on turn 50-60. After the patch they showed up on turn 106!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

Norscans seem to have toned down their raids (sadly) and only concentrate on northern territories as before I saw them raid marienburg and even bretonnia (when playing empire). The Chaos invasion seem to pack up more punch than before but then again do not seem so driven towards altdorf anymore. I like however that beastmen remain a continuous theat.

Do you know if savage orcs pop back south?
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

They do, the southernmost badlands got a specific trait that spawns them. Theres also two stacks of norscans that spawn there with Archeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    They do, the southernmost badlands got a specific trait that spawns them. Theres also two stacks of norscans that spawn there with Archeon.
    I got 4 stacks of Norscans spawning in the waters off south badlands in my VH dwarf campaign. Quite decent balanced armies too. It was a bit of a shock, given I own the entire area but my nearest army was Black Crag, but I had an inkling it was coming from my last Empire game.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

anyone tried the mod increasing number of Chaos stacks? I am quite comfortable playing on hard and don;t wanna see stupid AI bonuses on Legendary, but the Chaos invasion on Hard is pitiful

In my current campaign they came sometime around 80-90. Can't be specific since I saw this thread after they spawned, and when I continued it was like turn 98.

I noticed this as well, lots of mods may have been made obsolete with this patch, e.g. skaeling varg nerf, Later Harder Chaos etc I noticed my game stuttering or maybe just a drop in FPS when this event happens which I've never seen before even using Later Harder Chaos to massively increase the hordes. It's really good that beastmen armies spawn though