0 0%
  • West Ham

0 0%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: English Premier League 2016/17

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default Re: English Premier League 2016/17

I doubt that will be the case on the long run, given how competitive and engaging the Premier League is right now. Look at the standings - so close, the matches are contested and there's no runaway party.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

With the TV market so oversaturated, the Premier League is no longer that competitive.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Aside from watching my favorite team (LFC) and when the top of the table play against one another, I really don't pay attention to the other league games. I honestly don't want to watch WBA vs Burnley on MNF.. even though 4 goals were scored, but you get my point.

Also, dear football gods please let LFC win the league this year.. k thanks.

You might have wanted to watch Swansea - Crystal Palace.

Also, Leicester Freakin' City already won the title earlier this year. Just sayin'.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Treva ★ View Post
    With the TV market so oversaturated, the Premier League is no longer that competitive.
    Why oversaturated though?

It's not like you get a very even championship like the Premiership in every other country. No one comes close to the PL, and if it weren't for Bayern and PSG having far from ideal campaigns, the PL would be absolute king.

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

I hope Liverpool wins this year. What can i say- i want to see Klavan do well
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

Also, Leicester Freakin' City already won the title earlier this year. Just sayin'.
    I wish I was able to watch the Swansea - Palace game, it was on at the same time LFC were on. I did manage to watch Chelsea demolish Spurs, even though Erikson scored that great goal.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That game was a disgrace to football. I honestly don't think I've seen a game with worse defending from both sides in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    That game was a disgrace to football. I honestly don't think I've seen a game with worse defending from both sides in my life.
    I don't think neutral fans will complain.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Fellaini - already the most disliked player at United. Now almost certainly cemented as the most hated and top of the list to be transferred in January.

As a United fan i havent rated him since Moyes bought him. This season to describe him as an abysmal disgrace would be kind. I absolutely *hate* him.

Today i was asked by a mate through text "score?" And i said

1-0 up but we have been here before and hes bringing on bellend fellaini..

Literally a minute later and his first contribution was to give away a penalty. His only other contribution was to turn and boot the ball into touch from an attacking position.

The guy s me off big time. And i feel like im taking crazy pills because he keeps getting ing played!!!!!?!?!?!

Italian managers ruling the Premier League for the second year in a row.
    Feelsgoodman.

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    Fellaini - already the most disliked player at United. Now almost certainly cemented as the most hated and top of the list to be transferred in January.

As a United fan i havent rated him since Moyes bought him. This season to describe him as an abysmal disgrace would be kind. I absolutely *hate* him.

Today i was asked by a mate through text "score?" And i said

1-0 up but we have been here before and hes bringing on bellend fellaini..

Literally a minute later and his first contribution was to give away a penalty. His only other contribution was to turn and boot the ball into touch from an attacking position.

The guy s me off big time. And i feel like im taking crazy pills because he keeps getting ing played!!!!!?!?!?!
    Any idea what Mourinho was sniffing there mid game?

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

He said it's obvious that when a team like Everton plays direct you play your pet tree to help in the air like we didn't when Giroud equalised against us the other week. Hopefully Mou has learnt it would be better to send out Rashford/Lingard/Memphis sooner and go for a second goal to kill the game instead of waiting til we're under heavy pressure in the last ten minutes to park a leaky bus. More likely, he'll just use Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger instead of Fellaini in future. Either way, it's a win.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

What happened to Schneiderlin?. When Utd bought him he was the outstanding DM in the premier league (one of the best in Europe), I don't think I've even seen him play for Utd this season.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

To Fellainis credit he is incredibly good at providing aerial dominance in the midfield. He is an excellent target for long passes in the offense and preventing the opposition from doing the same which he proved from time to time under Luis van Gaal. Unfortunately I got a hard time seeing a major club finding those skills valuable other than in very special circumstances. In my Fifa13 team he is awesome for providing aerial dominance in the midfield but in that game the goalkeepers are very keen to make long passes into the middle and it probably gives him to much credit in regards to passing skills and positional awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    What happened to Schneiderlin?. When Utd bought him he was the outstanding DM in the premier league (one of the best in Europe), I don't think I've even seen him play for Utd this season.
    It seem to be a recurring problem for players making big money moves while playing alongside Jose Fonte.
    Last edited by Adar; December 06, 2016 at 09:49 AM.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Incredibly good is a bit of a stretch, I've seen Lucas Leiva beat him in the air. He only seems to head it in the penalty area and everything else he deals with at chest height.

I don't know where Schneiderlin is atm, my fingers are crossed it's another Mkhitaryan situation and in a week or two he'll be back to his Southampton form.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Why oversaturated though?

It's not like you get a very even championship like the Premiership in every other country. No one comes close to the PL, and if it weren't for Bayern and PSG having far from ideal campaigns, the PL would be absolute king.
    Man, outside England people watch La Liga, the Bundesliga and Serie A which are all bundled together by the FOX-ESPN duopoly, plus very probably the French and Portuguese leagues, plus their local league and those in the same region, plus highlights from the Dutch, Belgian, Greek and other European leagues, then the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, their local continental competitions and what-not.
    In many places a very basic cable TV deal will get you three feeds for FOX and ESPN each, the latter group has additional feeds they use for big matchdays and teams. Add in local channels and you might have some five to ten matches on display at any given moment during the weekend.
    And there's national team football (WC qualification, continental cups, etc.) to add to it. What does a viewer get from the English Premier League? They get to see in which order Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea get the first six positions and European qualifications. Leicester's run happened while every other club did their best to challenge for second place and this year it has been ‘corrected’; if they had managed to keep it up you'd have seven clubs. In the rest of the tournaments you might get one club being better than all others but there's enough place for qualifying for continental tournaments and what-not.

Although I will grant you that watching to see how Tottenham manage to end up just below Arsenal every single year does have its own peculiar charm, even if I'm not an Arsenal fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Then you should watch more football.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    To Fellainis credit he is incredibly good at providing aerial dominance in the midfield. He is an excellent target for long passes in the offense and preventing the opposition from doing the same which he proved from time to time under Luis van Gaal. Unfortunately I got a hard time seeing a major club finding those skills valuable other than in very special circumstances. In my Fifa13 team he is awesome for providing aerial dominance in the midfield but in that game the goalkeepers are very keen to make long passes into the middle and it probably gives him to much credit in regards to passing skills and positional awareness.
    So basically he's tall.

It seem to be a recurring problem for players making big money moves while playing alongside Jose Fonte.
    Perhaps, and looks like they'll be reunited in the summer, if not Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude with the Food View Post
    I don't know where Schneiderlin is atm, my fingers are crossed it's another Mkhitaryan situation and in a week or two he'll be back to his Southampton form.
    He was high on my want list for Arsenal before he went to Utd but Wenger didn't fancy him as much as the press thought. Wenger knows..
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; December 07, 2016 at 07:26 AM.

Nice one leicester... Guardiola proves again, he is a very vulgar coach.
    At least in my opinion.

Did he insult anyone after I switched off?
    СИНДИКАТ!