0 0%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: English Premier League 2016/17

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: English Premier League 2016/17

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Wow we really picked at Arsenal.
    You at least need new quality FW, DM and CB if you want to stand a chance in champions race. Arsene should either find you those players or find a new job. He is being cheapskate for years.
    I think you'll probably find exactly the same demands made in at least the last 4 seasons threads! Personally I think Arsene's time should have been done a few years back but it isn't a case of just him going, Gazidis would need to go and Kroenke as well. Need a whole new way of thinking throughout.

City look like they could be good all season and Utd are strong now, whether it will last is another matter. Robbie Savage (?) saying Arsenal will finish outside top 4, I can see us struggling to make top 6.

True dat mate. I would rule out Leicester from title race this year, but not Tottenham and Liverpool, With Koeman even Everton looks very threatening.
    Hull city got two wins in matches against the champion and Swansea away, both of them being tough. Now they are host in game vs United. What do you guys think will the outcome be? My guess a draw.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Robbie Savage (?) saying Arsenal will finish outside top 4
    So you're saying Arsenal will certainly finish in the top 4?

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

No, I said we'd struggle to finish in top 6, I think we will finally fail to get the 4th spot that Arsenal top brass seem to covet beyond anything approaching real ambition.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

If Wenger spends more money and can create a buzz we'll still be in the mix. Big 'if' the way things are looking.

Knight_Of_Ne's Avatar Miles

That's a big 'if'. The Premier League this season is awash with new top managers complimenting a raft of already impressive managers. Every team is awash with money and buying big, and in most cases strengthening there obvious weaknesses. Arsenal on the other hand aren't. For the past few seasons they've been almost flat track bullies, winning against most of the table but being hammered by the top 4-6. They're slowly being left behind by the top teams in terms of quality, though not consistency and potentially risk being caught out by teams lower in the table who may not have the quality, but can field a hard working team with adequate cover for all positions. If I was an Arsenal fan I would be down right angry that all that new TV money doesn't seem to be coming back in to strengthening the team.

Any Arsenal fans can feel free to correct me if any of my statements are wrong in there eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Of_Ne View Post
    For the past few seasons they've been almost flat track bullies, winning against most of the table but being hammered by the top 4-6.
    I could be wrong, but that's not how I remember last season. The rest of your post is correct, but they lost the title against small teams last season iirc.

Yeah, fair play, I just double checked and your right. Still pretty true for the seasons before though.

Blog Entries

That's a big 'if'.
    We just signed Lucas Perez and Mustafi looks to be going through.

Game on...

Well, that's a nice improvement.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I think people are unfairly harsh on Giroud but Perez sounds like a bargain even if I have never heard of him before.

Getting a defender his however the most important piece of the Arsenal puzzle and this is probably the most unpredictable season I have ever seen. It feels like Man U, Man C, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are all serious contenders this year and it would be cool if Crystal Palace West Ham, Everton or Southampton also could launch a serious challenge not to mention the reigning champions Leicester

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I think people are unfairly harsh on Giroud
    I agree, but with Girould we're predictable, Perez should give us other options in attack and as he's very similar to Vardy, maybe Wenger has a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I agree, but with Girould we're predictable, Perez should give us other options in attack and as he's very similar to Vardy, maybe Wenger has a plan.
    If the plan was to wait until you've fallen 5+ points behind before making any moves then I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

Blog Entries

A win tomorrow and we'll be in the same spot we were last season but with new signings. Though Watford gave a a kicking last time out so no guarantees. Still, it's better to be near the top at the end of the season than the beginning.

That's a big 'if'. The Premier League this season is awash with new top managers complimenting a raft of already impressive managers. Every team is awash with money and buying big, and in most cases strengthening there obvious weaknesses. Arsenal on the other hand aren't. For the past few seasons they've been almost flat track bullies, winning against most of the table but being hammered by the top 4-6. They're slowly being left behind by the top teams in terms of quality, though not consistency and potentially risk being caught out by teams lower in the table who may not have the quality, but can field a hard working team with adequate cover for all positions. If I was an Arsenal fan I would be down right angry that all that new TV money doesn't seem to be coming back in to strengthening the team.

Any Arsenal fans can feel free to correct me if any of my statements are wrong in there eyes.
    Don't worry, the Gooner Boom-Bust cycle says they'll have a few great months from now on

Blog Entries

We're off.

Lads, the treble is on.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Ozil came from like the Emirates to score that header, that was some impressive run!

In other words, Mourinho wins in the 90th minute - Fergie time is back.

Chelsea slowly powering forwards, Hazard back to his good self.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

In a close run, it's the games you weren't supposed to win that make the difference.

Careful with everton this year. Spurs and Liverpool are so far my disappointments this year. Middlesborough the expected surprise.
    Without trying to be a wise ass I'd say this will be between the Manchester teams with Chelsea menacing.

Blog Entries

Injuries to key players could be the big factor this term.