Thread: Can I create a submod (1880-1900) for TGW and get help from TGW team ?

Default Can I create a submod (1880-1900) for TGW and get help from TGW team ?

Hey guys . I am wondering if I could create a submod base on 1880-1900 for TGW , I really like those pretty uniforms in victorian era and I like to create a mod about it in NTW . I get permission from other moders from M&B to use their models to create my mod . However , these models are not created for NTW , so they look weird when soldier move and fight . The unite of TGW really impress me , I always wonder how u guys can create such good models that work with NTW skeleton so well . So , I unpack TGW pack yesterday (hope u dont mind , just for study ) , and I find out u guys are dam creative ( u in fact use CA's original models and create new textures for them (sorry if I am wrong , they looks the same ) . For uniforms in victorian era are similar to those in TGW , so I give it a try , and here is the foot guard I made with TGW mod

the one in dark red on the right is the one I use warband model . However , I am not good at creating texture , I only edite them and do the PFM work .
    Can I get help from TGW team ? I got a lot of questions to ask .

Thanks , harry

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Can I create a submod (1880-1900) for TGW and get help from TGW team ?

You are very welcome to submod, I doubt any of use have the time to help you though! You should find plenty to get you going in the tools, tutorials and resources subforum in the mod workshop.

Default Re: Can I create a submod (1880-1900) for TGW and get help from TGW team ?

I know how to create mod , adding unite and other game-related stuff . what I lack of is texturing experience , so I need some help about texturing .

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

We can't help you with that.

Hi , Hedge . I got a little problem when I create submod for TGW , I try to get one of unites from zulu mod into TGW (their models are ETW format , ) today . When I get everything done , I run the game to check it . What happened made me puzzled ---- the model works well but all of them have no weapon or equipment ! I check the db pack again . I find nothing wrong about it . Can u give some advice ? I get ETW models into NTW before and they work well . By the way , I can't see the European officer (u know , when NTW can't find according unite_varriant , it will use the model European line . For I haven't replace the officer model , it should still be European line , but I can see it in the game ) as well . this is a picture I taken from game .

And I also upload my edited DB pack here :http://www.mediafire.com/download/vs...atWar5_DB.pack
    u can find the 17thLancer in unite model blank .