Page 51 of 202 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4035

Thread: Divide and Conquer - The Original Thread

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Version 1.01

Just captured Isengard as Dunland, Isengard had 90k population. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Just captured Isengard as Dunland, Isengard had 90k population. Really?
    If the number next to population says 90,000 then, yes, really.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Stodul View Post

What is bothering me is my reputation. I'm on turn 80, I've never executed prisoners or sacked and exterminated city, or broke any aliance, but my reputation is "Deceitful". Every turn messege shows up that my relations with other factions worsened. I'd understand worsened relations with evil factions, but why good factions hates me, when I didn't give them any reason to hate me? Is it normal at VH difficulty? Or is there anything I could do to reverse that?

Thanks for help.
    Did you by any chance give/sell/trade a settlement to someone, and then later retake that settlement?

Hey Hummingbird, when do you think we'll be able to get a download for Thranduil's new model? Love the work you guys do

I know this issue has probably been raised many times, but I'm using Version 1.01, and the Isengard ring script still isn't working fully. It's completely fine up to the point of getting the ring back to Isengard. I took Bree with Saruman, he got the ring, took him back to Isengard, and... nothing happened. Just ended up at war with all the evil factions after the allotted 25 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of The Woodland Realm View Post
    Hey Hummingbird, when do you think we'll be able to get a download for Thranduil's new model? Love the work you guys do

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Can you please let us know?
    Also, is it possible to use this new look for Thranduil's Palace Guards? (Scroll down and you will find the pic )
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-MOS-1-7/page6

Thank you very much for making this mod, it is great!

Also, I know you probably couldnt be bothered to do this but do you think its possible that you guys could add in the dwarven company from The Hobbit and edit the ones already in the game to look like their movie counterparts using models from The Edain team and add in new Dalian units using models from Edain. This question is definitely far-fetched, but it would be crazy cool to see these changes in an update in the far future.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfDwalin View Post
    Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Can you please let us know?
    Also, is it possible to use this new look for Thranduil's Palace Guards? (Scroll down and you will find the pic )
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-MOS-1-7/page6

Thank you very much for making this mod, it is great!
    Shurshun said he will add them into DAC himself when they are done
    Last edited by Veteraan; August 30, 2016 at 02:22 PM.

Really enjoying the mod guys, keep up the great work @Galu and @hummingbird and who ever else is working on it!!

Playing as the Woodland Elves and I have noticed that most of the towns in Mirkwood can't be upgraded past a large town - is this intended? It makes sense but I just wanted to make sure it was correct. Also, is adding forts to the campaign map difficult? Or can it be done but just editing some text files?

Thanks,

Joe

Yes, you will not have more than large towns in Mirkwood Forest beside two starting cities, first city to south and Amon Lanc/Dol Guldur himself. And you cannot upgrade that castle of orcs close to Dol Guldur too. I suggest if you will try to go to full late Hir stack, to take Burh Alge, which will in time become big city, and with that city you will have 5 places to train Hir in Mirkwood arena.

Understanding that the elves already have smaller rosters than most, if not all the other factions, I had a crazy idea, anyway. Given how completely bad ass the Noldorin Guard are, the fact that each elf faction's standard armies use the same models for their melee and their ranged units, and the elf lore...

I thought it would be neat if, instead of having both, you combined their purpose, like the Noldorin Guard, to be both ranged and melee and decreased the unit sizes further. This would free up some slots for new units and keep with the elf lore in that they're excessively badass, naturally skilled and few in number.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    If the number next to population says 90,000 then, yes, really.

You're welcome.
    Obviously that was a sarcasm. Unless Saruman has opened the borders for every immigrant Orc to flock towards his domain, this is a clear sign of hyper inflated population growth for AI.

Can't it be hard capped somehow, its middle earth, population has to be smaller.

*Orc mating noises* -Must have moar!

It is still nothing. I have after 200 turns a dwarven (mind dwarfs have like third or second crappiest population in Middle Earth beside Dunedains and Elves)capitol with 70000? 100k? As Ered Luin, they have good , safe capital.

For elves, well... i dont think so. They are already a best archers and you basically saying - give them more archers, make them harder to balance. It could require to weaken them for that. I think this is good as it is now.

I have idea for something big for Northmens factions. But for now there is not many people from mod council to go with that.

Hello everyone,
    I'm coming here because of a bug during my campagne with Isengard. When I take khazad-dum est, my game freeze. An army come from no where and then i Can't play anymore because of this freeze. If somone have an answer I would be very happy (sorry for my english)

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Obviously that was a sarcasm. Unless Saruman has opened the borders for every immigrant Orc to flock towards his domain, this is a clear sign of hyper inflated population growth for AI.

Can't it be hard capped somehow, its middle earth, population has to be smaller.
    I was wondering if there's a way to hard cap it as well. Been working on re-balancing the whole game to better suit my numbers OCD. Additionally, if anyone knows where I can find comprehensive tutorials on how to mod buildings, construction restrictions and potentially unit models to combine the elf models to make 1 unit both an archer + sword and board, it would be appreciated if you let me know where or detail the info yourselves.
    Last edited by TwelveStep; August 30, 2016 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar Heavenlight View Post

It is still nothing. I have after 200 turns a dwarven (mind dwarfs have like third or second crappiest population in Middle Earth beside Dunedains and Elves)capitol with 70000? 100k? As Ered Luin, they have good , safe capital.

For elves, well... i dont think so. They are already a best archers and you basically saying - give them more archers, make them harder to balance. It could require to weaken them for that. I think this is good as it is now.

I have idea for something big for Northmens factions. But for now there is not many people from mod council to go with that.
    What idea is this you have good sir?

And quick inquiry, is it just me or did the game get alot easier with 1.0 and 1.01? I have beaten an Umbar, Khand, Dale, and ND campaigns in under 200 turns each with little to no challange? Of course Khand and Umbar are super easy with the safe homelands and all, but I thought the ND campaign is supposed to be very difficult, I may have just gotten lucky? I know im not that good at this game and struggled quite a bit with .52. I notice the BAI is far better, I am talking CAI. Maybe its because I got lucky and KD kept OOTMM busy.

Mostly lucky, if Misty Mountains dont bothered you, although they have now a serious Khazad Dum/ Imladris problems now.

I thought about deleting a Rhovanion mercenaries (and in their place gave a Gadraught and bandits/outlaws, as bandits may be cut for something new, mayby some other mercenaries) and make for Dale/Dorwinion (i dont know if Anduin and Rohan should have this option too) to option to reforge Rhovanion, which will give you three new units of Rhovanion kingdom.
    Last edited by Hrothgar Heavenlight; August 31, 2016 at 04:50 AM.

Tar-Falassion's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kostryk View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I'm coming here because of a bug during my campagne with Isengard. When I take khazad-dum est, my game freeze. An army come from no where and then i Can't play anymore because of this freeze. If somone have an answer I would be very happy (sorry for my english)
    Hi, and welcome to TWC !
    For that freeze, was that army that spawned from nowhere a Khazad-Dm army ? And did you try to fight it ?

(PS: if you prefer you can PM me in french, might be easier )

Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    What idea is this you have good sir?

And quick inquiry, is it just me or did the game get alot easier with 1.0 and 1.01? I have beaten an Umbar, Khand, Dale, and ND campaigns in under 200 turns each with little to no challange? Of course Khand and Umbar are super easy with the safe homelands and all, but I thought the ND campaign is supposed to be very difficult, I may have just gotten lucky? I know im not that good at this game and struggled quite a bit with .52. I notice the BAI is far better, I am talking CAI. Maybe its because I got lucky and KD kept OOTMM busy.

I think the ND on the newest version is way too easy. On .52 Angmar was constantly attacking me and I was on the defensive barely surviving around Amon Sul and Fornost. Dunland would also attack from the south and cause problems at Celoniach. Now I understand they deal with KD but that's not until about turn 70 it seems. The ND was probably the easiest campaign I've ever faced.

Counter to that, Imladris was harder than normal and much harder than ND, probably in no part due to 2 invasions by turn 50 on Zagh Kala. It was challenging because the sheer volume of OOMM coming at you made it hard to defend with extremely small, elite armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar Heavenlight View Post

AI has extremely high cheats for population growth, it is ridicolous sometimes since AI is able to get more than 500 pop per turn in each city, no matter if they are in -4,5% pop growth. Also they get all builidings everywhere so they have no problems to get pop increase buildings in a few turns. While you being MM can take like 10000 in goblin town in 100 turns, AI will already get around 100000. It just make ridicolously OP conquer enemie lands rather than use money to increase the economy of your own territories.

I have done a bit of twerking with the campaign map, and added a bit more desert around Harad and Umbar, because I felt that those places were too lush and green and needed some more desert
    The question now is, whose permission do I need before I release this? Who created the map?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by The Black Goldfish; August 31, 2016 at 10:21 AM.