Page 5 of 202 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - The Original Thread

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

At last I finished my Lorien campaign, I lost for the Ring, but I didn't think I would do so well (I'm 36 settlments).
    Turn 402, I still need 50 turns to retrieve the Ring, as it is at Umbar surrounded by 14 complete yellow stacks, and I must first make my way in Harad with its 29 settlment (down from 34).
    Without this DaC must-find-Ring feature, I would have win. Or the mod should make the game longer to be able to win.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    At last I finished my Lorien campaign, I lost for the Ring, but I didn't think I would do so well (I'm 36 settlments).
    Turn 402, I still need 50 turns to retrieve the Ring, as it is at Umbar surrounded by 14 complete yellow stacks, and I must first make my way in Harad with its 29 settlment (down from 34).
    Without this DaC must-find-Ring feature, I would have win. Or the mod should make the game longer to be able to win.
    In version 1 alot of good factions that had to defeat Mordor no longer have to under their long victory conditions. Of the elven factions I think only Imladris has to, though I'd need an actual mod team member to confirm that. They edited the victory conditions of each faction in some way.

The above image links to the Youtube playlist of this series!

Celebon21's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by bishopbutters View Post
    In version 1 alot of good factions that had to defeat Mordor no longer have to under their long victory conditions. Of the elven factions I think only Imladris has to, though I'd need an actual mod team member to confirm that. They edited the victory conditions of each faction in some way.

I think Galu went over that in one of his videos. I think Lindon just has to hold like 20 regions. Imladris just no longer has to defeat Angmar...? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by bishopbutters View Post
    That is correct. The victory conditions have been modified to be a bit more "achieveable" and less "complicated". But don´t be afraid, it´s not like all challenge has been taken out of that part of the game.
    - proud Divide & Conquer Testing Council member __ __

And before you ask; I´m very confident that version 1.1 will be released before this millenium is over.

Hello to all. First of all i'd like to say what a gr8 mod this is. I've been playing it all week and i just love it, good work. My only problem is is that after couple of turns it crashes with 'unspecified error' (Rohan, Gondor, Thranduil's Realm etc.) . I've tried deleting map.rmw dozens of times, unhiden hidden folders, deleted virtual store folder and nothing of that seem to work :/ can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Apreksas View Post
    Hello to all. First of all i'd like to say what a gr8 mod this is. I've been playing it all week and i just love it, good work. My only problem is is that after couple of turns it crashes with 'unspecified error' (Rohan, Gondor, Thranduil's Realm etc.) . I've tried deleting map.rmw dozens of times, unhiden hidden folders, deleted virtual store folder and nothing of that seem to work :/ can anyone help me?
    My advise would be to reinstall DaC. Make sure you run as Administrator when installing. I have had the same sort of symptoms, and reinstalling as administrator helped fix it. If you haven't already, I would recommend watching Galu's installation video on YouTube. If you follow every step, your game should be nearly crash free.

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

What could be the cause of crash after a siege? It happened to me twice today in 2 different campaigns: First time was when I took Caldûn as Dol Amroth and the second one was when I took Ost-in-Edhil as Imladris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Shadows View Post
    What could be the cause of crash after a siege? It happened to me twice today in 2 different campaigns: First time was when I took Caldûn as Dol Amroth and the second one was when I took Ost-in-Edhil as Imladris.
    Memory leaking and/or issues with the scripts.

Try to save-end the game-restart the game-reload every 20 turns or so. That definately helps to improve the stability of the game, especially after larger battles have been fought on the battle map.
    - proud Divide & Conquer Testing Council member __ __

And before you ask; I´m very confident that version 1.1 will be released before this millenium is over.

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

Those crashes happened only once. I replayed those battles without any problems, but it is kinda annoying to replay.

yea... i tend to get those crashed at the worst of times, you know, after a epic battle with gondor against 3 stacks of mordor armies with a heroic victory. After loading back up i tend to auto win those battles, so its a great shame.

Does anyone know how to "mod" archers units so they could draw their bows while showing their arrows before firing ?
    P.S: i don't recall the name of this animation)

Madness1910's Avatar Foederatus

From the DaC V1 Changelog.txt:

- ANIMATED BOWSTRINGS: This is not possible for Horsearchers, Dwarves or Hobbits but every other unit now properly knocks their arrow.

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by mouadmessi View Post
    Does anyone know how to "mod" archers units so they could draw their bows while showing their arrows before firing ?
    P.S: i don't recall the name of this animation)
    This is a big part of v1. All archers knock their arrows

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    This is a big part of v1. All archers knock their arrows
    Thank you^^ it would be very nice seeing archers units knocking their arrows it's more realistic but Madness1910 said this won't possible for horse archers , if this is true it will be very unfortunate^^

There simply isn't an animation for horse archer arrow-knocking. There is for human-sized foot archers it's just a hell of a lot trickier than one might think to properly rig the bow to actually use it.

Again: Rep Meebleborp for his months of work getting the foot archers to animate, if for some reason, anyone here has yet to do so.

I was actually wondering if development is going to continue after v1 is released?#DLC

The above image links to the Youtube playlist of this series!

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

Have found a bug not sure if someone has already reported it or if the team knows about it but whenever you siege a settlement that spawns defenders, and youre general has the ability to fight at night, selecting night battle then un-selecting it will double spawn defenders in settlement. Have tried with as many factions as i can and it is consistent. Not detrimental as you can unsiege, end turn, resiege and the defenders will be back to normal amount but it was quite a shock the first time it happened to me.

I used to play FRoME, then moved to FRoGS (which always seemed impressive but a bit thrown together at least as of 2014), and finally came to DaC. I have no plans to go to any other submod.
    ORANGE MAN BAD

Hello everyone! I have one question about version 1 changelog update. I've downloaded it, how do I install it? Do I just copy the file in the folder Divide and Conquer?

Oh, i am wrong, changelog update is just the descrpition of what version 1.0 will change.. it's huge update nonetheless!
    so, i'll just wait the release of version 1.0 ..