Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Byzantium

VASILEIA RHOMAION

Description

Byzantium is the medieval empire of the Romans
    , ruled from the shining jewel that was Konstantinoupolis (Constantinople). Our faction focuses on international trade and our thriving economy, with a well-funded army organized into provincial themes for defense, not conquest. We are working on building a monumental capital, made of glistening marble, and are not afraid to flaunt the wealth and prosperity of the empire in our builds. Byzantine, Roman, and Medieval Italian build styles are all accepted. We need architects and engineers for our redstone-powered automatons, for mining, and for other means of production. We also need skilled fighters for the Roman army.

Ranks

Administration
    Vasileios (Emperor)
    Protasekretis (First Secretary)
    Logothetes (Bureaucrat)
    Spatharios (Guardsman and Aide)

Military

Exarkhos (Viceroy) or Megas Doux (Grand Admiral) or Strategos (Military Governor)
    Tourmarkhes (General)
    Stratopedarkhes (Quartermaster)
    Droungarios (Commander)
    Kentarkhes (Centurion)
    Kataphraktos (Cataphract)
    Koursorses (Cavalryman)
    Skoutatos (Infantryman)

Members

Vasileios Sun_Tzomas

Builds

WIP

Message me on the forums, post in this thread, or message me in game to join.

Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; August 05, 2016 at 10:42 AM.

Default Re: The Roman Empire

Cool stuff! Hope you could recruit your formal gang, your lil bro, Palermo etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: The Roman Empire

Atomicbaconbits and Palmetto won't be joining. TBH this is just me building a fort and hoping not to be harassed. Just have a faction thread in the hopes I can get 2 members and claim things.

And TBH I'm probably gonna change it back to Byzantium. People like the medieval feel of it better.

Default Re: Byzantium

only question I have is: are you buying red brick and do you support king buddy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate9999 View Post
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'll buy red brick at some point, yes, but I'll mostly getting it myself. As usual, I will need an absolute shitton of it.

More concerned about starting out first though. You know, get a shack built or something.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This area seems unclaimed so I've taken it.

So here's my plan for construction:

Comments on build plans:

The Yedikule fortress will probably be more "house" than "star" shaped for simplicity of construction. I'm not going for a perfect replica.

Imperial Palace will be totally made up, pretty much, along with most of this city, but it will take some bits from the actual Great Palace and Blakharnai Palace of Constantinople.

Hagia Sophia scale yet to be determined.... might be 1:1 scale.

And before you say anything NK, the Theodosian Walls have a moat.

I'd appreciate it if you all would leave me alone, I just want to build something everyone on this server can enjoy.

Actually, considering I really have no plans for war, don't have any real faction or members, I wouldn't mind being able to do this in creative mode if possible. I know it's kind of "cheating" compared to doing it in survival but, frankly, I'm never going to finish it without people to help me get a metric boatload of resources.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; August 03, 2016 at 10:33 AM.

Got to admit that you got a pretty decent outline, now you gotto recruit members thomas, more then enough odd Rome/Byzantium fans on TWC like u that you could invite for this project. Think you need at least 10 members for this, seeing the Ottomans once build the Hagia Sofia and its quite a big project.

Factions can also donate materials and whatnot. Im a fan of Constantinople and to see a version of it in the server would be neat. You might also be able to comission help from The Architects League

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If I can find images of the layout of the imperial palace I could probably make it historically accurate.

Also I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone provides. And I would be delighted to have help from the experienced builders in the architect's league. I'm sure they'd do a great job making a "Venetian Quarter" near the harbor with a unique Italian feel.

I like the idea of it being a collaborative effort.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; August 03, 2016 at 01:11 PM.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

and you could hire Marienstadten Landsknecht's to help protect you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well, I have ummm... pretty much nothing valuable other than my sword and some smoothstone at the moment. I've been stuck hopping around different spots on the server at the moment so I'm kind of scraping by. So I'm not in any position to hire mercenaries, sorry.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; August 03, 2016 at 02:06 PM.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

all in good time my friend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I had an idea that different factions would be able to lease sections of the city (have claims in the city) and in exchange would have trade benefits and could be called to the city's defense in times of need. Just like the Venetian and Genoese quarters in the real constantinople (Although in this case the "Genoese Quarter" is going to be built around the Galata Tower replica).

I also have plans for suburbs and farms and stuff outside the walls, again like the real Constantinople, but that's a long ways off and will be after the big stuff is done.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This is the Hagia version I'm using:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/proje...u-tou-sophias/