Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CA .cas exporter released

Default Re: CA .cas exporter released

the problem of dle, dll etc... plugin is the framework version, max 2011 use framework3.5 and max9 use 2.0.
    When you build a script do it with .ms format in max9 (is a script not a plugin) so will be compatible for all max version, if you want encrypt your script use the .mse format.
    Why build a plugin or a encrypt format ? with this behavior is not possible to publish the source code and when the creator disappear we loses all his work.
    Forums:............freeforumzone - mtwitalia - twcenter
    Works:.....worldcollision file - ModelReferencePoints files - MaxScript Building Editor
    Other:.............siege-engine(video) - new-animations(video) - buildings
    Have to take the money where it is: at the poor. They have little, but they are many. Alphonse Allais

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by johnwhile
    the problem of dle, dll etc... plugin is the framework version, max 2011 use framework3.5 and max9 use 2.0.
    When you build a script do it with .ms format in max9 (is a script not a plugin) so will be compatible for all max version, if you want encrypt your script use the .mse format.
    Why build a plugin or a encrypt format ? with this behavior is not possible to publish the source code and when the creator disappear we loses all his work.
    Wasn't the "creator" CA? It was 5 years ago so doubt they will redo anything.
    Luckily you have "versions" of max9 still anyway don't you?

is the link dead? i got "invalid file ID" everytime I try to download. Are there any alternatives to this?

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Me too-somebody must ask Lusted or admins,moderators(maybe Ishan) to refresh link.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by megalitho View Post
    is the link dead? i got "invalid file ID" everytime I try to download. Are there any alternatives to this?
    there you go
    Attachment 193342

The link is broken. Please, another option to download it.

Solved.

Link is down again, also are there any known issues with using Blender instead of 3dsMax? I'd rather not shell out for professional software...

Just use Blender or milkshape to mod M2. Milkshape has been used for years but blender is the better option. Max is too high a price or pirated. I am biased on this in case you do actually have a purchased max version (but its unlikely to be supported directly).

Thanks, I've gotten a .ms3d import plugin for Blender. Are there any issues re- uv maps or whatever I should be wary of (I know enough about animations to realize that it's probably going to be a PITA). The main issue is trying to get the files into a usable format.

I've run into a problem trying to convert a blender-exported .ms3d back to .cas using the Modeler's toolbox. Right now, I am trying to change the sulfur.cas file to read a "salt.tga" texture that I've created (basically, I want to duplicate Sulfur with a simple recolor).

You could just download IWTE and use that to import between cas or mesh and blender. M2 battlemodels are mesh and strategy are cas. The resource is a cas. There is a a basic option in IWTE to just give the cas a different texture (no change of UV) or to download to blender and change the model. IWTE is downloadable as an exe only but is safe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123