Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now that two DLCs are released, did they add any female Legendary Lords or units?

Default Now that two DLCs are released, did they add any female Legendary Lords or units?

Just wondering. This information is hard to find since the wiki is not properly updated for DLCs.

Tiro

Default Re: Now that two DLCs are released, did they add any female Legendary Lords or units?

Beastmen have no females. And Blood & gore did not add anything besides blood & gore. So....no.
    But next on the list is a free Vampire LL and probably a LL/mini campaign DLC. I still root for Neferata.

-----Red Dox

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Now that two DLCs are released, did they add any female Legendary Lords or units?

No offense, Irella, but what's up with you and your obsession with female characters in TW games?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Wood elves closest bet. 2nd Game for sure w Dark Elves. Maybe Bretts when they are released.

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

Yes indeed, the Elves will have plenty no doubt.

Of the existing factions there aren't any that really have legendary female characters other then the Vampire Counts. Best bet may be Isabella von Carstein or the leader of the Lahmia sect, don't know what her name is....My tips for the Dark Elves would be Malekith and the Hag Queen.

Truth be told, there just aren't that many female named characters at all in the source material. Of the five base factions in the game (haven't looked beyond them yet, myself) there are only two named characters out of all of them - the aforementioned Isabella von Carstein for the Vampire Counts and Valkia the Bloody for the Warriors of Chaos.

Only other 8th edition army book I have is for the High Elves and the only named female character in that is a Lord option named Alarielle the Radiant. Anything beyond those six factions, you'll have to ask someone else who actually has those books.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dox View Post
    Beastmen have no females. And Blood & gore did not add anything besides blood & gore. So....no.
    But next on the list is a free Vampire LL and probably a LL/mini campaign DLC. I still root for Neferata.

-----Red Dox
    I would love to see Neferata, but as a Flesheater Courts player, I would most love to see the Strigoi.

radical feminism again. do we have to plague every game/movie/tv show with forced female characters? you will get lgtb wood elves soon anyways.

if there is something i respect about gw then it's not jumping on this annoying pc bandwagon.

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

Now now, I dislike modern feminism* as much as the next guy, but its not unfair to enquire as to the existence of female characters across a multitude of different factions. The raw testosterone fuelled aggression of Warhammer and, to a greater extent 40K, is part of the entire aesthetic, so if GW did wholeheartedly embrace all the PC expectations it would practically destroy the universe, more than any other; there is still room for female characters however in their own areas, particularly for the Elves/ Eldar respectively, so its fair to enquire.

*As opposed to the rather more sensible forms of feminism prior to the 1980's or so, after which it got usurped and taken over by bitter fat women who just hate men, rather than actually wanting equality in any area...
    Last edited by Caelifer_1991; July 30, 2016 at 06:22 AM.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by whatever_ View Post
    radical feminism again. do we have to plague every game/movie/tv show with forced female characters? you will get lgtb wood elves soon anyways.

if there is something i respect about gw then it's not jumping on this annoying pc bandwagon.

But yeah the current playable faction is not famed for having female characters, expect for Vampire count"S".
    But Wissenland is suppose to have a female elector count, the Emmanuelle von Liebwitz

But you can check out the list here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...asy_characters
    Last edited by Påsan; July 31, 2016 at 08:46 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Currently they have only added the beastmen faction and they have no female lords. However some elements suggest that the 2 next factions that will be added are the wood elves (paying DLC) and the bretonnian (free DLC).

The most logical choice of legendary lords for the wood elves would be Ariel (the queen of the wood elves) and Orion.

For Bretonnia, if they introduce a second legendary lord it would probably be the Fay Enchantress.

So if you are lucky we should get 2 factions with female legendary lords “soon”.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever_ View Post
    man child with my little pony picture tells me to go away. oh god, i better listen.

There are actually women in some of the extended lore who could be in the game. I mean, it's not always well put together, but it is WHFB canon (Genevieve Dieudonne, for example).
    Last edited by Påsan; July 31, 2016 at 08:52 AM.

If I can play devils advocate for a moment.....

When they introduce Dark Elves and the Slaaneshi daemon faction, will they portray witch elves/daemonettes in all their booby glory?! Because I for one will be very VERY disappointed if they're not authentically portrayed in all their blood-spattered heavily endowed glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Kassandros View Post
    I will tell you too, then.

Go away.

There are actually women in some of the extended lore who could be in the game. I mean, it's not always well put together, but it is WHFB canon (Genevieve Dieudonne, for example).
    Not just Black library (which is canon, even if it contradicts), but there are female mentioned in the books.

Funny thing happen in my last campaign with vampire count, I bought 1 vampire and her name was Genevieve, so I think CA has those names in the DB.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

Let's not forget the Amazons (if they are ever in-game)

and my favourite Poney is sunset shimmer (nothing than MLP to bring the man out of you)
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Calm down and be civil guys.

The following factions have female lords:

Bretonnia
    Dark Elves
    High Elves
    Wood Elves
    Vampire Counts
    Khorne
    And who the hell knows what slannesh is.

So there will be female legendary lords in the future, probably already the next DLC with the wood elves and their leader Ariel aka warhammer galadriel.
    Last edited by Påsan; July 31, 2016 at 09:03 AM.

August's Avatar Decanus

Non-High Elves all are egalitarian races when it comes to gender.

That does not mean "female only units" (though DE have that), but rank-and-file being unisex.

Actually... now that I think of it, Vampire Counts were unisex from the get go - they raise all corpses, without distinction of gender. So yeah, we had one all along.
    Last edited by August; July 31, 2016 at 09:57 AM.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The term is `Lady` not `Lord` for women. The feminine.
    Last edited by Flinn; August 01, 2016 at 02:13 AM. Reason: off topic remarks removed

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Non-High Elves all are egalitarian races when it comes to gender.

That does not mean "female only units" (though DE have that), but rank-and-file being unisex.

Actually... now that I think of it, Vampire Counts were unisex from the get go - they raise all corpses, without distinction of gender. So yeah, we had one all along.
    Well if we ignore undead (I mean in death all are equal) then it is Asur, Asrai and druchii who is using mix gender units.
    Quote Originally Posted by ostendadler View Post
    Let's not forget the Amazons (if they are ever in-game)

and my favourite Poney is sunset shimmer (nothing than MLP to bring the man out of you)
    Well I always saw them a bit as a jab, but they keep mentioning them all up to 8th.
    (Sunset Shimmer is awesome!)
    Last edited by Flinn; August 01, 2016 at 02:17 AM. Reason: continuity

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast