Thread: wil we ever see pikemen

Default wil we ever see pikemen

like title suggest, will we ever see pikemen for empire?

Default Re: wil we ever see pikemen

No. Why? Because it isn't in the roster of the Empire troops.

You want pikemen? Then you need to play Tilea.

Did you even check why the Empire doesn't have pikemen? There are literally a lot of websites out there, who are handling the background of Warhammer and the factions. A simple search for Warhammer Empire will give you many sites for checking out.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

I pretend spear men without shield is pikemen, until they reach combat and dies....

But yeah in the newer editions it is only the eastlia and tilea who use it

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Halbediers fulfill the role of Empire's pikemen and what a bloody good job they do. Historically speaking, even the famous Swiss pike block had a significant portion of halbediers.

Maybe high elf spearmen will be like the hoplites from Rome Total War. I loved hoplites. Goddamn killer at defending city gates. Oh, you battered down the gates? That's nice. Here is a literal wall of spear points waiting for you.

Even the Hollie militia were hard to crack. The only worthwhile militia unit.

Im pretty sure there used to be a Dogs of War/warriors of renown unit that was a mixture of pikes and crossbows....keeping in mind I played the tabletop game in the 90's and my recollection is vague at best

Actually Dogs of War was once a official army, a army of mercs! Pikemen belonged to the troop choices and was the core of said army. And i remember vaguely about such a unit of pikes and crossbows, but also special crossbow unit and special pikemen unit.

A orc crossbow merc unit existed, yes orcs with crossbows. I wonder why they didn't include the mercs? There were really cool ones, even warriors with jaguar pelts and pikes, looking like a mix of Hoplites and Romans.

Dogs of war would have been great if they had done it in the old mercenary way. Back in mtw2 and the when you marched through a provence and could recruit local styles of mercenary.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

this basically became a lore discussion, hence I'm moving the thread to the Lore section
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader