Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman and Justice League

Default Wonder Woman and Justice League

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!

I think they're starting to turn around. Could be wrong. But...holy crap do those look quite interesting.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Wonder Woman and Justice League

Who's the director and writer for the JL movie? Tell me it's not Snyder and Goyer, pleaseeeeeeee.

Also everytime batman was on screen I kept getting Nick Fury flash backs, not the movies fault but that's all I could think about.

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Who's the director and writer for the JL movie? Tell me it's not Snyder and Goyer, pleaseeeeeeee.

Also everytime batman was on screen I kept getting Nick Fury flash backs, not the movies fault but that's all I could think about.
    Snyder but not Goyer. So if he's got a good writer I can go with it. Chris Terrio, the writer of Argo, which was actually a really awesome movie.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Wonder Woman: Hmmmm... I still don't really see a lot personality in Wonder Woman, which is worrying... But the action looked awesome, and the visuals are fantastic, and Chris pine seems to really work (he's kinda like the Natalie Portman to Diana's Thor). Hopefully this trailer was like "an introduction to the world" (it kinda seemed like we were seeing everything from Chris Pine's eyes, and not from Diana's eyes) and the next trailer would be "an introduction to the character". Still, overall - very excited for this film.

Justice League: I really wish they'd do a soft reboot and just pretend that 'MoS' and 'BvS' never happened. As it is, this trailer was a huge tonal shift, and it was jarring as hell - I just don't understand why Bruce and Diana are so much lighter than they were before, and I have trouble understanding how this chipper Flash can work in the same scene with that murderous, psychopathic Batman we saw in BvS. There's some good stuff in this trailer, but the tonal shift is a big problem... Not that I want them to go back to the old dark tone! It's just... I don't know how they can salvage this cinematic universe...
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Wonder Woman actually has me excited on setting alone
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

All those poor German soldiers suffering in unbearable trench warfare fighting for what they believe in and this random chick flies in and murder them all. 2:21 aftermath: "Dear Heidi, your beloved Hans was killed in action today by a crazy with a sword"

I'm reading "a storm of steel" so I'm kinda sympathetic.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

That WW trailer blew my mind! It was great! Hope the movie is as cool!

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Artemis, huh?

I suppose there is no mention of the boar-slaying business for which she killed a number of heroes including likely the most famous heroine in greek mythology, Atalante ((edit: rechecking the myth, it seems she was only indirectly responsible, given she sent the Calydonian boar which triggered later events))
    Last edited by Kyriakos; July 23, 2016 at 11:49 PM.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

If I recall correctly, Wonder Woman was the Secretary of the Justice Society.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Small reference pool, much? Why not shoehorn in the ACW and generic evil Russians too, to complete the trifecta of standard Hollywood war references.

Pity, the costumes and actors actually look interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Lame Sister View Post
    I still don't really see a lot personality in Wonder Woman, which is worrying... But the action looked awesome, and the visuals are fantastic, and Chris pine seems to really work (he's kinda like the Natalie Portman to Diana's Thor).
    I completely agree. Right now I'm not sure whether Gal Gadot was the best choice for the role, but the setting definitely looks interesting.

Justice League: dat look on Flash's face when he realizes the man in front of him is actually Batman.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I think Wonder Woman looks good.

Justice league looks better than BvS, but I'm going to remain skeptical of anything with Snyder directing. Looks like it's got a little more levity instead of being completely dark and brooding and filled with CGI rain.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I don't know, Gaiden said Goyer wasn't writing, which is definitly a good thing, but I have seen some of Snyders quotes and they aren't exactly filling me with hope. Hopefully there is a good writer raining him in.

The scene on the beach with WW looked beautiful.

Synder tends to be six one way half dozen the other for me.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If I recall correctly, Wonder Woman was the Secretary of the Justice Society.
    Fitting for a woman.. or is that slave?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Fitting for a woman.. or is that slave?
    Is this you underestimating how much power that gives her? She functionally controls the keys to the building there. Kinda like the White House Chief of Staff.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

You're thinking of Secretary General, though she might insist on the adjective.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    Well no. What they call the position doesn't matter. What the position can do is what matters. You think Diana is going to let them relegate her to "mere" Secretary? Of course...this is given the fact that if we're honest with ourselves, most CEOs and other major executives operations slow to a crawl if the Assisstant has to leave or resign as they find another assistant they're willing to trust EVERYTHING to. Not just some temporary whomever. The secretary is a person who filters your emails. Tackles the person who tries to fight their way into your office. The person you trust to make your schedule for you because you know they know what's worthwhile to keep the business running. That's legitimate power. Here's Diana as Secretary of not some member of the Justice Society, but the entire god damned Justice Society.

Do. The. Math.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Is this you underestimating how much power that gives her? She functionally controls the keys to the building there. Kinda like the White House Chief of Staff.
    Or a janitor.... usualy has keys too...

Lol gaidin...please go on.

yep...

At anycasae i was joking, (going to what Condottiere post, and the joke in the trailer) it seems it passed by for some people though.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 24, 2016 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Or a janitor.... usualy has keys too...

Lol gaidin...please go on.
    I actually did go on. I see you ignored it because you have no response. Of course, if you think "keys to the building" has anything to do with the janitor symbolically in this part of the discussion that point not only went over your head you ducked as well.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast