Thread: Game crashes. Need help.

Icon5 Game crashes. Need help.

Hello.
    My rome 2 recently started crashing for no obvious reason. I can't tell why because there is no error message. It just crashes and i get the message "rome 2 has stoped working"
    It only happends during siege battles so far. At some point a few minutes into the battle it crashes.
    Yes i use mods however the game used to run fine and i have not added any mods recently.

Can anyone please help me solve this?

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Game crashes. Need help.

I recently solved a run of issues involving screen freeze then CTD by resetting my graphics card specs to default. I had been over-clocking in the belief it would improve my graphics, but when the same issue started occurring in another game unrelated to Total War I began to suspect a hardware issue and started searching for clues to such on line. Long story short, after reading through many complex, time consuming and technical suggestions that were mostly guess work resolves for exactly the same problem, I decided to try the simplest advice that I came across and stopped over-clocking. So far everything is sweet, but I haven't yet played the TW (MTW2) title that had the same issue since the reset - so this is also a bit of guess work - but also simple and quick and worth a try if your over-clocking.

good luck.
    Last edited by Spear Dog; July 22, 2016 at 10:55 PM.

Default Re: Game crashes. Need help.

Unless my GPU got its own life and started over-clocking without asking me, I am not over-clocking. I never have. I don't even know how to.