Thread: What can I do to make this campaign more interesting

Default What can I do to make this campaign more interesting

I'm thinking of trying something different with the Tanukhids. I'll try to head north right away, hopefully not getting sucked into additional wars along the way. I'm reasonably sure I can make it to the black sea and up to Antean territory.

I'll convert to Slavic paganism going with a agriculture/culture based income. A couple armies filled with the 0 upkeep militia units to boost public order in a few provinces.

Make a puppet state out of some faction so I can use their units? Maybe one of the slav factions to see if I can get poison archers but perhaps it could backfire. I don't recall if the Tanukhids have any good units, army configuration?

Do you have some other ideas?

Default Re: What can I do to make this campaign more interesting

Go kamikaze against the Sassanids!

Yeah, except I already did that with the lahkmids https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...ital-on-turn-1

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I have an idea! Turn traitor. Declare war against the factions that are your natural allies, and try to support your enemies in wars against their enemies. That can lead to some pretty interesting gameplay! In my ERE campaign, I betrayed my allies the Ghassanids and declared war against them, helping the Sassanids to defeat them. This worked spectacularly. I was able to improve relations with the Sassanids and even got a trade deal and marriage alliance which lasted the whole game. I then used the situation to reconquer North Africa. It was epic!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Go with Aksum. Excellent starting position, interesting roster. And have a go at the ERE / Sassanids - double empire trouble / fun.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Double post.
    Last edited by Basileos Leandros I; July 30, 2016 at 02:55 PM.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Interesting idea, wealthmonger. Getting poison archers would be awesome indeed. Any news yet? For the army configuration: You can always build around a solid core of Tanukhids Pikes + Armoured Camels. Warcry of the Desert Raiders come in handy as well or what it's called on em . I could imagine, once you have your slavic puppet state, jumping to scandza to settle could be even better/saver. Just thinking, I guess you will need a "all occupation options" mod. Dresden made one, thats works very good.

Anyway, let us know!
    Last edited by Turumba; August 10, 2016 at 01:21 AM.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Turumba View Post
    I guess you will need a "all occupation options" mod. Dresden made one, thats works very good.
    Occupation mod? that is for Warhammer as far as i know, u dont need that in Attila anyway....

As for army configuration - Clibanarii with a pack of Tanukhid Ambushers behind them rape everything, specially if before charging u enable their special ability.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!