Thread: cheats

Default cheats

can anyone help me with the cheats? i already played 3 campaigns and i got bored i want to start a new one and get a massive army but for now i only know how to use create_unit on this mod. can anyone help me with character_reset? i dont speak english so sorry if you cant understand this post

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: cheats

look up the units in the desc, you have to use the real name, not the one used in game. as for the names to use Character_reset, good luck figuring that out especiall for a name like Scipio Amelianus Dentatus Curio.

thats a shame. but thanks anyways!

The simplest way to spawn units is in settlements, that way you don't have to work out the character's internal name.

All the internal names of units are in the export_descr_unit.txt.

Where do u find the real names of characters?

Quote Originally Posted by paulhewsoon1 View Post
    Where do u find the real names of characters?
    In the descr_strat for starting characters. Otherwise you need to trawl the descr_names.txt.

Can't you also just select the chat or settlement before pulling up the command window and replace their internal name with "this"?

That's how I leveled up my "this AI is on some bs" maxed out assassin.

That only works on your own characters.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    In the descr_strat for starting characters. Otherwise you need to trawl the descr_names.txt.
    It includes children?

It includes children?
    If they're defined at the start, then yes. Otherwise it's a trawl of the descr_names and trial and error.

I thought using "this" only works for give_trait. It does not work on character_reset. Correct? I was never able to get it to work on my end without putting the specific name.

create_unit "Roma" "hellenistic infantry phalangitai" 9 9 9 9

I use this alot at the start of a campaign to slow AI expansion , the first number is the amount of troops added , the rest is the armor attack & exp
    You can change Roma to any said town you want & find whatever troops to be added in the decr_strat

I have this question with the Seleucid campaign. Is there a way to change a city name? Antioch and Charax share the same name and I have problems in the script

I have this question with the Seleucid campaign. Is there a way to change a city name? Antioch and Charax share the same name and I have problems in the script
    So any clue about how to help me in this one...?

The script uses data names (eg region_017), which don't change. You can change them in the settlement scroll, double-click on their name at the top.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; August 08, 2017 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The script uses data names (eg region_017), which don't change. You can change them in the settlement scroll, double-click on their name at the top.
    What is the location of the settlement scroll? And can i change it with notepad or do i need notepad++?

What is the location of the settlement scroll? And can i change it with notepad or do i need notepad++?
    I mean the scroll in-game that appears when you click on a settlement you own.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

You should be able to use 'this' and then do a character_reset. From what I remember I have done that before in the past.

I'm fairly certain characters are just an object (instantiations of a class, 'family member' in this case) with certain available attributes (i.e. traits). Any character can have a method (read as 'cheat') applied to it (as they're an object).
    Last edited by z3n; August 10, 2017 at 05:03 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Never, ever change any of the games text files with Windows Notepad.