Thread: Changing events date ?

Default Changing events date ?

Hello,

Sorry if the question has already been covered somewhere, but after quite a bit of research, I was not able to find the answer.

My question is actually pretty simple : is it possible to edit the date (turn number) of events ? I usually love historical accuracy, but I really don't feel like waiting until turn 200 to get my first handgunners, because I will likely have conquered close to the whole map at this point, and will probably have nothing to do but wait for the Timurids (I'm playing on late campaign).

I tried to edit descr_events, but the changes don't seem to take in game. Best example : I can't recruit any Templars with the Crusader States in the late campaign, because even though Council of Worms and of Troyes are supposed to take effect on turn 0, they don't (and I have to delete the reference to these events in EDU if I want to recruit Templars on the late campaign).

So yeah, in short what do I have to edit if I want to change the turn numbers where event are happening ?

Thanks in advance for your answers. And again, sorry if the question has already been answered but I really didn't find anything if this is the case.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Changing events date ?

You have to locate the descr_events file for your campaign and simply edit the event turn numbers.

Every event has a turn number next to it that means how many turns have to pass since the starting turn before the event kicks in.

So, if the number next to the event is 15, that means you will have to wait 15 turns for it.

Simply editing that number you can changes the value.

Have fun.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer !

I edited the values of both files, the one located in data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and the one located data\campaign\late\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign. I tested by putting first cannons, then new era begins (not both at the same time) on turn 46, in order to see if I could trigger them in my current campaign (save used from turn 43), but nothing happened (I got until turn 50).

I tried this once with simply editing the values, then cut/paste to get them in correct chronological order, nothing happened in both cases.

Am I editing the wrong files, or do I need to run the launcher, something like that ? Or do I have to start a new campaign to have the edited values taking effect ?
    Do i have to keep the list in the same order and edit the values of every event preceding the one I want to get sooner ?

you have to start a new campaign for the changes to take effect

i also had a problem with events not happening once, must not change the event order, the date however can be

event historic lateran_council4date 2

event historic torre_del_oro
    date 3

event historic childrens_crusade
    date 4

event historic gunpowder_discovered
    date 81
    movie event/gunpowder_invented.bik

event historic Francis_of_Assisi
    date 6

this is from SS 6.1 i had problems with gunpoweder event not happening, previously i had date 81 91, it didnt work, i changed it's position so that it's in order and it didnt work, eventually i just gave up on it and started all again with the vanilla working one, this time the only change i made was to the number, nothing else, it worked
    Last edited by Dekhatres; July 24, 2016 at 02:37 AM.

I finally took the time to try it with a new campaign, and it indeeed works. Thanks a lot Marius and Dekhatres !