Thread: New Hobbit Elves and Dwarves by King Brian and Shurshun- merged to Divide and Conquer SUBMOD!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default New Hobbit Elves and Dwarves by King Brian and Shurshun- merged to Divide and Conquer SUBMOD!

I have already merged the two mods in my version of Divide and Conquer:

Divide & Conquer compatible version (0.52) of the Submod-reskin Thranduil Army-mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93pmnr7nqf...00.52.rar?dl=0

Changes: UI files renamed to DAC-counterparts, all faction folders for the UI-files removed not counting mercs, slave and mongols (Thranduil's Realm), Added new battle_models.modeldb-file (replaced the MOS one with the DAC one).

Four new skins for Thranduil's Realm and three new skins for the Galadhrim. Captains and generals also has new skins for Thranduil's Realm.

Credits to the mod-creator Shurshun for the skins used. I just added it to DAC.

Enjoy."

And here comes the new stuff that i added to DAC (Divide and Conquer) 0.52:

Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units by King Brian:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuphmq3cwq...Units.rar?dl=0

The work of adding the Elves to DAC took me about two to three hours at most.

Adding the Dwarves took me about 14 hours or so of almost straight focus on the work at hand.

Changes to DAC 0.52: Added new upgrades to most of the Erebor and Khazad-Dum units- in the form of new armour upgrades as seen in the pictures of this mod. No new units, but some of the old units are getting new looks and all the units will have the stats King Brian gave them in his export_descr_unit-file.

UI-file names changed into DAC counterparts, all folders removed in the download not counting the Erebor, Khazad-Dum, slave and the merc folder, new DAC export_descr_unit-file added, new DAC export_units-textfile added, old MOS modeldb-file replaced by the DAC one, all files put into the right folders, and they include all the necessary files.

Install: Just download the rar-file, extract it anywhere you want- and then put the data folder in your Third Age-folder containing the DAC-mod. When asked to replace the old files, click yes.

Files replaced are the modeldb-file, export_units-file, export_descr_unit-file, UI-files in the unit_info and unit-folders, added new sprites into the unit_sprites-folder and lastly added the new textures, attachments and meshes into the unit_models-folder.

If you install both these added mods they will work simultaneously in DAC 0.52. You will be able to use the new Galadhrim and Thranduil's Realm-units against the new Erebor and Khazad-Dum-units.

They will all be in both custom battle and in the campaign.

Enjoy the new elven and dwarven units.

Credits to King Brian for the Dwarven units. I only added them to DAC, but it took me something like 14 hours to add the dwarves. Happy playing!

Just remember that some of the dwarven units use their old models before they get to upgrade armour etc.

I released this mod in may 22 in their respective threads. But i wanted to create my own thread for the mod, as their threads are for the MOS-submod and i did this for Divide and Conquer.

This DAC-compatible version uses the old files from late may- any newer models have not been added yet.

I just wanted to say this:

If you are adding the units to DAC, then you have to use the battle_models.modeldb-file found in the dwarven download, as that one has both the dwarven and the elven units incorporated in it.

The one in the elven download only has the elves.

Actually, the elven download is for those that only wants the elven changes.

Use the dwarven download after the elven one- if you want both the elves and the dwarves- as the dwarven download is the same as the elven but with dwarven files added.

BTW: You need to install the elven download first anyway, as the elven models are in that package. What you don't need to use in that download is the text-files, as the Dwarven download have the text-files with both elven and dwarven units incorporated in them.

1. Install Elven Package.

2. Install Dwarven Package and replace all the files.

Permissions:I did get the permission when i posted this mod in the threads about the same new unit models for MOS, also- i read that the DAC-team had permission to use the models in their next version. So therefore i thought the same applied to me doing the same thing for the current version.

King Brian:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14981251

Shurshun:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14979354
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 27, 2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Dwarven download corrected and re-uploaded- now the "attachmentsets"-folder is in the right location! Just extract everything
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Default Re: New Hobbit Elves and Dwarves by King Brian and Shurshun- merged to Divide and Conquer SUBMOD!

Thanks man !

Default Re: New Hobbit Elves and Dwarves by King Brian and Shurshun- merged to Divide and Conquer SUBMOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot View Post
    Thanks man !
    Your welcome, be advised that the elven units aren't the most recently released though. The dwarves are the latest version three release, if King Brian haven't updated that too since late may.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I cant get the dwarfs to work, the elves work fine but everytime I start a fight with any dwarfs units it just crashes in custom and in the campaign.

Heres the log if it helps:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1n...ew?usp=sharing

Heres another log, I think this one shows the reason its crashing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1n...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 25, 2016 at 03:58 AM.

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Me too, I can't play with the dwarves..

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot View Post
    Me too, I can't play with the dwarves..
    I managed to fix it.
    The problem was a subfolder in the wrong place called "attachmentsets".

Download and install both mods like Nygren said, then, go to the dwarf download and take ""attachmentsets" from the unit_models/_units and place it inside the unit_models in your Third Age DAC folder.
    It should work now. ^-^

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

I'll try this thank you

Quote Originally Posted by H_GT View Post
    I managed to fix it.
    The problem was a subfolder in the wrong place called "attachmentsets".

Download and install both mods like Nygren said, then, go to the dwarf download and take ""attachmentsets" from the unit_models/_units and place it inside the unit_models in your Third Age DAC folder.
    It should work now. ^-^
    Hello, sorry for not being active for a couple of days! Yes, it would seem i placed the folder of "Attachmentsets" containing the files for weapons, shields and helmets- in the wrong place..! Of course the game crashed because of it, as the location specified in the BMDB wasn't the correct one when that folder was placed in the wrong place.

Download temporarily removed due to this little mistake by me- i re-upload it when i have corrected my mistake.
    Also, you don't need to take the folder from the dwarven download after "installing" the mod- you can just take it from the DAC unit_models/_units-folder after you have extracted the files. Otherwise you will have two such folders.

I don't know how i managed to place that folder wrongly in the uploaded rar-file. In my game it is of course in the right place. New download uploaded shortly.

Edit: Dwarven download corrected and re-uploaded- now the "attachmentsets"-folder is in the right location! Just extract everything
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 27, 2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Dwarven download corrected and re-uploaded- now the "attachmentsets"-folder is in the right location! Just extract everything

- The Havamal

Hey, so DAC V1 is coming wouldn't you mind if you convert them so we can play with them again on the coming newer version?

DAC v1 includes these unit models by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    DAC v1 includes these unit models by default.
    While this is true for the most part, it isn't for the _unit and unit_info-portraits. All the Erebor units are using their old pictures.. I may change this at least- as i think it's hard to know what unit is a new unit otherwise.

And the new pictures of the later armour upgrades are way more bad-ass than the old ones. Not to forget that i would change some of the names too.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 02, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

- The Havamal

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Feel free to do that yourself, i think its fine as it is.

Will there be a version for DAC 1.01? Not all of the new units that are in DAC are the same of this sub-mod, for example: iron guard is from vanilla TATW and there aren't iron spearmen.

King Brian abandoned this mod, confirmed information. Shurshun is still working on new models.

Quote Originally Posted by JFrost View Post
    Will there be a version for DAC 1.01? Not all of the new units that are in DAC are the same of this sub-mod, for example: iron guard is from vanilla TATW and there aren't iron spearmen.
    I see, i thought of adding in the new unit pictures from this mod - but if what you say is true then i may consider adding in the missing units.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I have already merged the two mods in my version of Divide and Conquer:

Divide & Conquer compatible version (0.52) of the Submod-reskin Thranduil Army-mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93pmnr7nqf...00.52.rar?dl=0

Changes: UI files renamed to DAC-counterparts, all faction folders for the UI-files removed not counting mercs, slave and mongols (Thranduil's Realm), Added new battle_models.modeldb-file (replaced the MOS one with the DAC one).

Four new skins for Thranduil's Realm and three new skins for the Galadhrim. Captains and generals also has new skins for Thranduil's Realm.

Credits to the mod-creator Shurshun for the skins used. I just added it to DAC.

Enjoy."

And here comes the new stuff that i added to DAC (Divide and Conquer) 0.52:

Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units by King Brian:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuphmq3cwq...Units.rar?dl=0

The work of adding the Elves to DAC took me about two to three hours at most.

Adding the Dwarves took me about 14 hours or so of almost straight focus on the work at hand.

Changes to DAC 0.52: Added new upgrades to most of the Erebor and Khazad-Dum units- in the form of new armour upgrades as seen in the pictures of this mod. No new units, but some of the old units are getting new looks and all the units will have the stats King Brian gave them in his export_descr_unit-file.

UI-file names changed into DAC counterparts, all folders removed in the download not counting the Erebor, Khazad-Dum, slave and the merc folder, new DAC export_descr_unit-file added, new DAC export_units-textfile added, old MOS modeldb-file replaced by the DAC one, all files put into the right folders, and they include all the necessary files.

Install: Just download the rar-file, extract it anywhere you want- and then put the data folder in your Third Age-folder containing the DAC-mod. When asked to replace the old files, click yes.

Files replaced are the modeldb-file, export_units-file, export_descr_unit-file, UI-files in the unit_info and unit-folders, added new sprites into the unit_sprites-folder and lastly added the new textures, attachments and meshes into the unit_models-folder.

If you install both these added mods they will work simultaneously in DAC 0.52. You will be able to use the new Galadhrim and Thranduil's Realm-units against the new Erebor and Khazad-Dum-units.

They will all be in both custom battle and in the campaign.

Enjoy the new elven and dwarven units.

Credits to King Brian for the Dwarven units. I only added them to DAC, but it took me something like 14 hours to add the dwarves. Happy playing!

Just remember that some of the dwarven units use their old models before they get to upgrade armour etc.

I released this mod in may 22 in their respective threads. But i wanted to create my own thread for the mod, as their threads are for the MOS-submod and i did this for Divide and Conquer.

This DAC-compatible version uses the old files from late may- any newer models have not been added yet.

I just wanted to say this:

If you are adding the units to DAC, then you have to use the battle_models.modeldb-file found in the dwarven download, as that one has both the dwarven and the elven units incorporated in it.

The one in the elven download only has the elves.

Actually, the elven download is for those that only wants the elven changes.

Use the dwarven download after the elven one- if you want both the elves and the dwarves- as the dwarven download is the same as the elven but with dwarven files added.

BTW: You need to install the elven download first anyway, as the elven models are in that package. What you don't need to use in that download is the text-files, as the Dwarven download have the text-files with both elven and dwarven units incorporated in them.

1. Install Elven Package.

2. Install Dwarven Package and replace all the files.

Permissions:I did get the permission when i posted this mod in the threads about the same new unit models for MOS, also- i read that the DAC-team had permission to use the models in their next version. So therefore i thought the same applied to me doing the same thing for the current version.

King Brian:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14981251

Shurshun:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14979354
    The dropbox link doesn't work, could you please upload a new one?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Moved from the main TATW submods forum. Seems this one escaped the move to the dedicated DaC forum, until now.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Why did you remove files from dropbox can you reupload them and maybe even updata them to version 2.2?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Why? Aren't these in DaC 2.2 already? Or at least in some form?