Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The RTR Public BETA 2 Release Thread

Default Re: The RTR Public BETA 2 Release Thread

That is awesome! I've played the beta2 now for several hours and here is my input:

Allow romans to build merc ports! Why should the greeks be able to recruit mercs and chartage from settlements and the romans only own red troops?

Make the AI more aggressive to invade through waters, conquer Crete cause in all my plays it keeps staying a rebel settlement.

The AI moves only through land... Carthage will not try to retake Sicily at all.

Give each faction more unique units. Cause you have Macedon now which will be able to crush all in its wake due to elite units and good start position with sight on many rebel settlements.

Improve building descriptions for those annex region or client state and reflect that in the building roster.

With roman reforms make it so that not only roman legions get unlocked but alot more units.

Only balista as siege equipment? No catapults?
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

- No merc ports for Rome. They can recruit certain mercs In specific regions through their factional barracks. However those are more like regional auxiliaries. Rome didn't need hired men
    - Ai aggression with naval invasions is hard, if not impossible to mod.
    -Unique units, better descriptions, and more reform units will all eventually be added.
    -Yes the Romans were the only ones to really use onagers. We may circle back and do research but I don't think I want onsgers in armies like In vanilla.

thank you for testing so much and giving us your feedback, it's appreciated!

- Ai aggression with naval invasions is hard, if not impossible to mod.
    So the way that roman AI went on land in Africa and Greece in vanilla Rome Total War is impossible to achieve in your mod? O_o

That was hardcoded due to senate missions. The Brutii always landed at Apollonia and that gave them a foothold in Greece for further expansion. The Scipii would also get missions that forced them to Africa. But you didn't see many other factions attempting naval invasions. In rtrpe the Illyrians and carthage would always land troops in Italy but then they wouldn't move to attack a city, instead they'd just sit there. Look at it this way, the ai can't see across the ocean and they don't think about it. They are programmed to attack neighboring regions that they can see.
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...aval-invasions

we will conduct more research in the future to see if we can make naval invasions more common and actually work.

Congrats on the latest release, ahowl11 and team. The map looks great! RL has been crazy for me, but I plan to download and try it out shortly. Also have a battle AAR to finish from the last version...

Well you can script it too if you want. Just a script that makes them try and take on city over the water and the rest will happen from there on out.

Foederatus

Hmm, I wanted to try this one...
    but after installation i only get following error from starting it:

Generic Error:
    DATABASE_TABLE error found: max records exceeded from file
    MM/Data/descr_model_battle.txt

Where did you install the mod to? Give me the file path

Foederatus

D:\GamePlattforms\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\MM

might be because its not Alexaner version?

Yup that's exactly why. It needs to be in Rome Total War - Alexander not Rome Total War - Gold

Hello!
    Sorry, but I don't understand installation. I have a non steam version, and first I must to Extract the MM folder to your RTW directory, ( in disk show a new folder MM) must to and creat a shortcut on the Alx.exe that is clear. But Then right click the shortcut and select properties and put this in the target line after all quotations: -show_err -mod:MM I don't undestand.

Okay so after the shortcut is made, right click it. At the bottom there should be an option saying properties, select it and a small window should appear. There should then be a few lines of file paths, one of them saying "Target" if you read it's file path it'll show where your installation is located. An example would be:
    "C:Games/Rome - Total War/alx.exe"
    simply change copy paste this at the end of that line:
    -show_err -mod:MM
    just make sure that there's a space between it and the quotation marks. If for some reason there isn't quotation marks, simply add them

hope this helps

Updated OP with new link in case the mega link doesn't work for anyone.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

8) Loyalty: This feature has been given to a few greek and celtic factions and your generals all have the loyalty feature attached to them. A disloyal general will defect to the shadowing faction upon revolt instead of being kicked out of a settlement.
    Suggestion. It's not my idea, I've seen it in SPQR mod, but it's great if talking about loyalty. Concept is that exact loyalty is not known to player. One can only see blank space (instead of standard loyalty icons) and has message (tooltip) like "Trust is a hard thing to come by, do we really know the loyalty of any man?".
    So you never know how much loyal is your general. There are of course other means of guessing about his loyalty (titles and character traits give some hints).
    Maybe it will be also good idea o incorporate such feature here.

tooltips.txt
    {TMT_LOYALTY_TITLE} Loyalty
    {TMT_LOYALTY_LEVEL_0} Trust is a hard thing to come by, do we really know the loyalty of any man?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hmm very interesting. You know it was an idea of mine for every faction to have loyalty as well. This is a neat idea and we will look into it

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

How's it coming along? Eager to give it a go, once the reskins are in (I can't bear Vanilla skins)

We are in the middle of adding skins and models now

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Sounds pretty good to me. Cheers

Add the -show_err -mod:MM after the Alex.exe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12