Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technical Issues

Default Technical Issues

So, as you may have noticed, we've been having a lot of problems today. This is not an issue on our end, it is one on the end of our server host. You may have noticed other issues, like factions breaking briefly, but rest assured that all the data is safe as of this post. The server will still be up, as we can't contact ditronian ATM. If you must continue playing, be forewarned that there will be numerous technical issues such as crashing, increased lag, and the server occaisionally just stopping for a bit. The maximum time we were told these problems would last was 24 hours as of 2PM EST, so if we don't provide an update by that time tomorrow feel free to yell at us.

Awful bloody timing, eh?
    Last edited by Pyrate9999; July 16, 2016 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate9999 View Post
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.

Default Re: Technical Issues

People can play on the server if they want, but there will be regular crashes and technical issues due to the problem with the host.

Not a problem. Teething pains are normal the first few days.

As of this post, the server has been stable for 4 1/2 hours. I think it's fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate9999 View Post
    reddit doesn't have the kind of people we want. It has the kind of people that are 12 and play MC.

Thanks for the infromation! alway a few things that can go wrong

Things have died down and the server host says they will keep an eye on it for the near future. Will hold off on declaring them over for a couple of days, but I haven't noticed block lag while I've been on today/yesterday. It could be Chest Shop was causing some of the issues since it was the last plugin we had that was throwing errors.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Server is experiencing plugin related problems, we are doing our best to fix em right now, we are sorry for any time loss.

guess that will take a bit still, hm? then i can go to bed

Not when you the one breaking half of em 0.o

Last 2 times I connected to the server it crashed out within 10 seconds, is it possible there's a reason for that like a chunk error or something?

Nevermind, seems to be working alright now

At the request of the server host, we will be taking the server temporarily offline at 0600 GMT. The server host would like to address our periodic node connection issues by moving us to a new node, which will mean we will end up with a new server IP Address when this process is complete.

How long this process takes is hard to say, since they will have to first see our reply that the server is ready to be migrated. So far they have replied to all queries within 3-4 hours. The odd time of day however may stretch this longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditronian View Post
    At the request of the server host, we will be taking the server temporarily offline at 0600 GMT. The server host would like to address our periodic node connection issues by moving us to a new node, which will mean we will end up with a new server IP Address when this process is complete.

How long this process takes is hard to say, since they will have to first see our reply that the server is ready to be migrated. So far they have replied to all queries within 3-4 hours. The odd time of day however may stretch this longer.

SERVER HOST IS CHANGING (FOR THE BETTER)

Hey all, I just wanted to inform you that after much discussion with Ditronian, we have decided to use the server down time to switch to a different provider.
    Instead of switching to a different 'node' with the current host provider, we will be switching to a new host provider.

The current host provider's server costs us $50 a month and has 5GB RAM (memory) max and even though they say they have DDoS protection, it did not prove very useful as we all can attest to.
    For those of you wondering why we went with the current host provider in the first place, it was because that provider was used for the past two community servers without issue.

To the good news, we have chosen a new host provider with a server plan of 10GB RAM (which means more flexibility with plugins and resources) for $30 a month.
    We decided to pay an additional $5 a month (for a total of $35) to get the 'premium hardware' package which includes a better CPU and RAM as well as a 'consolidated DDoS protection designed for Minecraft.'

The switch to the new host will improve the performance of the server and should provide better stability compared to the current host.

As always, thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Elite

GRAND ARCHITECT OF THE DWARVEN EMPIRE

YetiGoneWild123's Avatar Laetus

This is glorius news, heil the new server!

Feel free to derp around on/test the new server while we work on the old server files. Once we are ready to load the files we'll kick everyone off, switch our actual world files online, and possibly load dynmap.

Server Loging Info (Use either or)
    TWCMinecraft.mcraft.pro
    IP: 158.69.23.84:25172

UPDATE: World files are currently being uploaded to the server (which will take approximately three more hours), after which we would like to render a dynmap image (which takes considerably longer).

Dynmap images take A LONG time to render but if we don't do it now, we'll likely have to take the server offline again at some point which I'm sure no one wants. The new server will be open for testing still until the world files finish uploading.

I aprove of fixing the dynmap now while its down. aswell, looks like a great bargain to switch the host.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Thanks for all your hard work gentlemen, it's much appreciated.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

but i want to play right NOW

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Get a job!
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast