Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: PVP Discussion Thread Mk VIII

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: PVP Discussion Thread Mk VIII

Iceland is the source of all great internet connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

The fort bed rule update thread has had an update.

Please use the following link and look at post #89:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post15110165

Thank you,

TheEliteDwarf

GRAND ARCHITECT OF THE DWARVEN EMPIRE

Fortes, please add me on steam to talk about trade deals.

So, this happened:

That is, an underground base of mine at Level 12 was completely razed of crops, animals, chests, beds, and lights. I'm not complaining, it was unclaimed. And we can leave aside the troll sign left behind by the plunderer. But as I inspected the damage, rain began falling on my head. Strange. Looking up:

Someone may want to check for XRay-ers. I'd imagine a bright yellow 32x24 field of wheat would be visible from the surface, by XRay, hence the shaft straight down into it.

There was a hacker a few weeks ago but he was caught pretty quick and has since been banned, PM me or another mod the coords and it will be sorted out.

Done. Thanks. I was out on travel starting appx 2 weeks ago, so it could have been the guy you already banned.

The D.P.R.M. has successfully completed it's latest grand project,the Moatorway.An impressive gravel thoroughfare,the Moatorway winds through the entire D.P.R.M.,reducing the travelling time from one end of the D.P.R.M. to the other down to a mere 3 minutes on horseback.This magnificent project shows clearly to the world that the D.P.R.M. is in no need of foreign assistance and is fully capable of taking on its new role as the primary bastion of the Moatist Faith.

Moatus Providus!

Sorry that pun has already been used on previous maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Beny1995 View Post
    Sorry that pun has already been used on previous maps.
    Thanks for the heads up.I'll continue to use it proudly.

Fortes, I couldn't find any pictures of Urahamr. A couple mitigating factors: a lot of the 2010/11 screenshots are down, the TWC search function is not working, and my backups from old computers may be incomplete. If anyone does have pictures, please post them!

In any case, if you'd like an idea of our more primitive beginnings, I'll give my recollection of the 'ol Dwarvenheim. Urahamr was a room with, say, of 20x20 area that extended from ground level to near-bedrock, with a spiraling staircase all the way down (the stairs were wide, but you could still look down the center). It was built under natural mountain. Personal rooms (of varying size) and storages were built outwards at varying levels. There was a mine near the bottom, as well as the Dwarven Interstate that ran south-west to our allies, Aeseth, and also ran north-eastwards to a few other, minor Dwarven halls. Within our lands, there may also have been a large fort built into the side of a mountain (or between two mountains). There were very likely above-ground roads connecting it with Urahamr. I don't recall the entrance to Urahamr. After the United Empire formed, I believe that Ishka (Hilary and Austin) built a deep, long pathway jutting out from Urahamr that culminated in another hall, and lava may have featured prominently.

It was not impressive by today's standards, but it had the (imo desirable) feature of arising organically, without much central planning. As Sarah Palin would say, it's the real, small-town Serveria. And no, I'm also not a Palin supporter

EDIT: It would be amusing to rank members (and then factions) on a political spectrum in the context of their Minecraft factions and positions on server rules.
    Last edited by King Sama; October 29, 2016 at 12:52 PM.

Does anyone still play this?

The server is currently whitelisted until the end of month launch, so its just staff/testing until then.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011