Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

Default Re: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

18 Bugs for a handfull new units and copied things and mixed from other factions!?

So 3 new 80% copied factions will cost same as a New game!? No one of my friend will buy a Total War game. Never!! That one who did said, he is very disappointed now to pay 200 Bugs at the end maybe to have full game. This will be his first and last TW.

Sad!! Bad idea to hold and grow up clients.

10 bugs would be ok for him and me.

P.S. take my 10 bugs and keep the Mini campaign. I don't need it.
    Last edited by joedreck; July 14, 2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    18 Bugs for a handfull new units and copied things and mixed from other factions!?

So 3 new 80% copied factions will cost same as a New game!? No one of my friend will buy a Total War game. Never!! That one who did said, he is very disappointed now to pay 200 Bugs at the end maybe to have full game. This will be his first and last TW.

I'm pretty sure you can't pay in bugs.
    Last edited by Flinn; July 18, 2016 at 05:17 AM. Reason: removed off topic personal references
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

HouND_DoG's Avatar Libertus

$18 is steep :/

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post

P.S. take my 10 bugs and keep the Mini campaign. I don't need it.
    Next after that when droves of teenagers flock with cheeseburger cash arguments, comes the pay to play $$$ or season pass $$$ and people will still be smiling and gay, saying what a great day this is. Probably comes free with bugs mate .
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by HouND_DoG View Post
    $18 is steep :/
    Aye, the prices are in Paradox-ish spheres by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Memories of the Time View Post
    Are 17 bucks normal for a faction dlc?
    To be fair, it comes with a minicampaign, plus it's not like the faction is a rehash of old material, it's a new race with new voices, etc.

But yes, all that said, it's still expensive for a faction DLC. They'd probably make more and justify the slightly higher cost if only it had more content, ie it also came with Skaven, or it has very different mechanics involved (which doesn't seem to be the case reading over the steam page).

In any event, if price is too high then just wait for Christmas sales or whatever. Heck I bet three months after release it will be on super discount, IIRC Rome2 was like that.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Yes, it's kind of expensive and I'll be waiting for a sale for sure, but it's not oppressively overpriced. It's a new faction, with new voice acting, new animations, new battle maps, a complete new mini-campaign, new spells, etc. It's a lot more work than other campaign DLCs they've done, and only a few dollars more. Not a big deal.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

So I think it is a bit expensive too however..... Comparing it to previous faction DLC's I actually think this one gives more bang for its buck then most. Take a really good one (Empires of the Sand) for Attila. It gave 3 factions over the 1 faction this one gives. However.. In order to make this faction the designers had to only modify already made human/horse/camel models and design some new clothing for them. They then only had to make 1-2 unique units for each faction and the rest is campaign map changes (bonuses and such)...

Humans always will be humans and it is easier to do 5 human faction then create an entirely new race with new models, creatures, animations, and on top of that a mini campaign AND new campaign mechanics... I was interested to see how they were going to do new factions in warhammer due to this. I mean there is a tomb kings mod but I am waiting for the official tomb kings dlc because the egyptian looking models do not exist in the game.

All and all.. I am excited and most likely will NOT wait for a sale to pick this up unlike I have done with every other dlc.... Mainly because there is so much more content then usual dlcs...

And to all the people who saying "This is the first evil faction I am interested in" you guys need to try the undead. Sending legions of skeletons to their doom is great.

Last edited by C.Maximus; July 14, 2016 at 11:06 PM.

Whats wrong with people? Of course its expemsive but whats so different that say Hannibal at the gates? Same romans same carthaginians 2 extra generic factions that nobody cared for and a new map. Just because you can complain about everything nowadays doesnt mean its smart to do so..... ill probably get this one.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

axicup's Avatar Civis

I'm a little bit concerned about the concentration of chaos forces in the north now. There are constant chaos invasions as is, and now there will be beastmen, and even more chaos corruption will be brought with them. The game needs a strong third side (and fourth, and fifth), but beastmen are just reinforcing one of the two.

I'm predicting full devastation of Empire's lands by turn 70 every game session, with no involvement from the player. :\

Edit: Increased Greenskins presence in the north could help, if they stayed truly neutral and were willing to fight anything.
    Last edited by axicup; July 15, 2016 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axicup View Post
    I'm a little bit concerned about the concentration of chaos forces in the north now. There are constant chaos invasions as is, and now there will be beastmen, and even more chaos corruption will be brought with them. The game needs a strong third side (and fourth, and fifth), but beastmen are just reinforcing one of the two.

I'm predicting full devastation of Empire's lands by turn 70 every game session, with no involvement from the player. :\

Edit: Increased Greenskins presence in the north could help, if they stayed truly neutral and were willing to fight anything.
    Khazrak begins the Grand Campaign in the Tobaro Region of Estalia, while Malagor begins play in The Marshes of Madness, deep in the Badlands
    That would solve your problem

axicup's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    That would solve your problem
    Ooh, thank you, I read right through that one. Now they're willing to set up different starting positions for different Legendary Lords. Might be just for hordes.

Is it lore-friendly, though?
    Last edited by axicup; July 15, 2016 at 02:22 AM.

Looks awesome, pre-ordered!

@axicup, Lore friendly enough. Beastmen inhabit all the old world forests and beyond. I think Lustria is the only place free of beastmen.

<deleted>

Edit: my mistake, mistook Malagor for Morghur.
    Last edited by Baron of Hyrule; July 15, 2016 at 04:04 AM.

Aenerion1's Avatar Libertus

From the 7th ed. army book:

"The Old World is the territory and the hunting ground of the Beastmen, lands they regard and refer to as their blood-grounds....Though the Beastmen dwell within the forests, they rarely stay in one location for long. Instead, they move from place to place along ancient paths within the territory of each warherd,....The vast forests of the Old World are crossed by a spider's web of paths only the Beastmen know. Where these paths cross, there is to be found a site that is in some way significant to the Cloven Ones. These beastpaths are located deep in the forests, far from the towns and highways of Man, yet they are far from hidden."

Further on the book describes many places and warherds in different locations all over the Old World. So yeah, anywhere within the Old World is lorefull, although Beastmen prefer forests.

The starting positions become more unlorefull though, with these specific LL's, where Khazrak is the most dangerous and powerful Beastlord in the Drakwald forest (I'm betting on the special campaign pitting him against his arch-enemy Boris Todbringer in and around the Drakwald). And Malagor is the doom of Mankind personified according to the Beastmen, which might make it strange to have him in Dwarf & Greenskin territory.
    On the other hand, if their objectives are according to lore, you could assume that their starting positions are strategic to the campaign and certain factions, AND make for a sort of quest/journey for the LL's to get to the Drakwald/kill all mankind.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Oddly on the French steam page, there is no mention of a new campaign map but only "nouvelle histoire de campagne" = new campaign story. The German page only refers to a "Neue Storykampagne" too. Same thing on Italiano page and Spanish page. Respectively "Nuova Campagna storia" and "Nueva historia de campana". Is it the case in any other language ?

I suspect there is no new campaign map.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

What is this then? There are many more cities present than in the Grand campaign. Too bad that it'd probably be extremely short and that you can't play as Empire..

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Strange.

I do not have Total War Warhammer. So I have no idea how the grand campaign map looks.

Aenerion1's Avatar Libertus

Let's hope modders will make other factions also playable in that campaign.