Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

Default Re: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    hmm, looks nice, might try it once it has more content and after I'm bored with Beastmen )
    I play it with radious and I have more then enough content and variety. Boris is a badass too.. He is stronger then other generals vs large creatures so perfect for fighting beastmen.

The beastmen also B-line it in the campaign to fight you early on and when they spawn later they do the same thing so you get plenty of beastmen action.

Default Beastman DLC is a complete ravesty. Worst release of content by CA in 20 years, including Rome 2.

As a die-hard Total War fan since Shogun 1, I can confidently say that this DLC is probably one of the laziest and most broken releases of content that I've seen from any game company. It was rushed out the door with minimal testing and the Devolve bug is a glaring example that one custom battle should have exposed. The complete lack of quality assurance, and testing with this release is setting a terribly dangerous precedent that we should be angry about.

I do ask that CA take pride in their game, because this DLC is worse than the travesty of that was Rome II's release. The DLC and faction needs a complete rework to salvage the state that it's in. Their mini-campaign is nothing but the Grand Campaign played on a smaller map, with fewer races. Here are my game-breaking problems with the DLC that needs to be brought to light, all in addition to Devolve which one custom play-tested battle should have revealed.

By not discussing and being angry about this release only encourages future content to be rushed and half-finished. Instead of paying playtesters, they are just going to use us for their future games and DLC.

BEASTMEN UNITS CAN EASILY BE MADE IMMUNE TO ROUTING. WARHAMMER LORE SAYS THAT THE BEASTMEN'S GREATEST WEAKNESS IS COWARDICE. YET EVEN THEIR WEAKEST UNITS WILL FIGHT TO THE LAST MAN ON ANY DIFFICULTY.

Gorebulls give a +20 leadership buff to every unit in their army, and it stacks. You can give every unit on their roster +60 leadership by having 3 Gorebulls. This is inaddition to their god-tier melee stats makes their implementation absolutely baffling, as you have the strongest combat agent combined with god-tier support abilities.

The buffs from other agents/Lords, such as leadership bonuses from Warrior Priests/Longbeards, do not stack with one another or even with other units or their Lords. Other agent's encourage aura and buffs do not stack, yet the strongest leadership buff in the game (map-wide +20 leadership) stacks with everything allowing units to obtain 200 leadership.

BEASTMEN CAN EASILY OBTAIN AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF GOLD, AT ANY POINT IN YOUR CAMPAIGN.

All you need do to achieve this is disband all of your units except your Legendary Lord, enter Hidden Encampment stance, and then press Enter to receive 2,300 gold per turn. This can be repeated indefinitely as the AI will never reveal nor attack you. You can do this, and that 2,300 gold per turn will add up giving you the ability to obtain millions of gold and recruit dozens of armies filled with the strongest of units.

ALL OF THIS IS IN ADDITION TO HIDDEN ENCAMPMENT ENSURING THAT PLAYER CAN NEVER BE DEFEATED BY THE AI.

WHY NOT GO ALL THE WAY AND MAKE FACTION CAPITALS (SUCH AS ALTDORF) UNBESIEGABLE BY THE AI.

This is their first attempt at DLC and I, for one, couldn't be more disappointed. Everything from Devolve, to the gamebreaking bugs, to the terrible mini-campaign has been a complete letdown.

We as their fans, their customers, should demand more. We DESERVE more.

Default Re: Beastman DLC is a complete ravesty. Worst release of content by CA in 20 years, including Rome 2.

Default Re: Beastman DLC is a complete ravesty. Worst release of content by CA in 20 years, including Rome 2.

I proudly disagree. Great DLC, reasonable price, thanks CA! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    I proudly disagree. Great DLC, reasonable price, thanks CA! Keep up the good work.
    It's a fun faction, in the same way that Rome 2 dealt with a fun time during human history. But allowing a faction to buff units up to 200 leadership, be unable to be defeated, to grant them infinite money, and so forth is inexcusable. They hotfixed Devolve and it wasn't gamebreaking.

Being able to give yourself a million gold any time you feel like it...is. Having the best SP army because your units are immune to routing...is.

So, don't do those two things maybe?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Yes, why would you do those two things? Those both sound like incredibly boring ways to play the game in a single player game. -

With Warriors of the Chaos, you can go out into the Chaos Wastes and just build up your army and money without being attacked. But why would you spend hundreds of turns doing that? It would be completely dull.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

OK you can get a million gold but only if you spend what, 500 turns camping around? Seriously? I mean I don't understand your gripes.

With pretty much any faction u could just camp with your LL in your capital and make infinite money too. It's slow, and pointless, but it's very hard to lose a faction capital if you can defend it with just a few units

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Merged threads

Hey guys, I went out to buy a hammer to nail in some nails. While I was nailing, I accidentally missed and got my thumb. Didn't realize I could do it at first, but now I realize the hammer can be used to crush my hand! I spent all afternoon pounding my hand to a bloody pulp. They really shouldn't have given the hammer this functionality. Totally ruins the experience of having a hammer.

rofl, I've been playing Total War games since Medieval 1. This is my favorite DLC they have ever released. I've never gotten so many hours or so much enjoyment out of one.

Mods will improve some of the balance or lore breaking issues, but when has that not been the case with a Total War game? I've never minded before, why should I mind now?

I also think this is a great dlc. I mean the mini campaign is all right, but the implementation of the beast men in the grand campaign is really good IMO.
    They are also a fun faction to play as or play against. And I also like that Chaos gets a Chaos Warherd. I don't know, just adds some flavor.
    They can also be very annoying in campaign. I had Malagor with 3 Cygors show up near Eilhart while I was busy fighting Chaos and Norsca up North.

LOL, why the pain if you can simply sack an undefended settlement and get 10,000 golds per turn? I constantly play with negative income of -1000 but never had any problem sofar.

IMHO, the mini campaign is OK but rather linear. Combined with the fact that Beastmen are super easy to play, it gets boring pretty quick. The Grand campaign, OTOH, is absolutely entertaining, especially as Malagor: you start fighting the Orcs, then the Dwarfs, then you march north and either turn left to attack human, or right to play with the Undead. It's the first campaign where I can fight all four races. In earlier ones, geographic positions means humans mostly fights against the Undead and Chaos, while Greenskins and Dwarfs fight each other.

There is only one quote for playing beast men. and here it is from their Brothers in the World of Warcraft Universe. https://youtu.be/tT0wdI4VT6M?t=29s "Got milk?"

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor00 View Post
    There is only one quote for playing beast men. and here it is from their Brothers in the World of Warcraft Universe. https://youtu.be/tT0wdI4VT6M?t=29s "Got milk?"
    The Tauren are actually a rip-off of the Beastmen. Every time Warcraft needed something new they just lifted it from Warhammer. They even had the same creative director.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassandros View Post
    The Tauren are actually a rip-off of the Beastmen. Every time Warcraft needed something new they just lifted it from Warhammer. They even had the same creative director.
    Yup. Warcraft is a rip off of Warhammer Fantasy, and Starcraft is a ripoff of Warhammer 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by datalink7 View Post
    So, don't do those two things maybe?
    What? Not do an exploit? YOU CRAZY AND DISAPPOINTING

I'll add gorebull stacking and boringly passing the turn until chaos has killed everyone anywayy to my list of things I don't do. Was Corner camping, running cav around to exhaust enemy artillery ammo, autoresolving where I wouldn't win easily.

Quote Originally Posted by surg3on View Post
    What? Not do an exploit? YOU CRAZY AND DISAPPOINTING

I'll add gorebull stacking and boringly passing the turn until chaos has killed everyone anywayy to my list of things I don't do. Was Corner camping, running cav around to exhaust enemy artillery ammo, autoresolving where I wouldn't win easily.
    I always declare war on Chaos and then meet them in Ostland. I mean, really... who are the true children of Chaos? I also spend a lot of time hiding and jumping around in forests, since I just declare war on every faction I meet.

Hey guys,
    I like the DLC but I have one BIG annoyance : this bloody event of bray shaman trying to dominate a cygor and wounding him for 5 turns. It occurs litteraly every 20 turns in every campaign I did with the beastmen (2 multiplayer campaigns and 1 solo).
    Other than that, this is a really fun faction to play.
    Teutonic Crusades Sub-mod for SS6.3
    Many graphical enhancements to Teutonic Order and Lithuania factions

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryn View Post
    Hey guys,
    I like the DLC but I have one BIG annoyance : this bloody event of bray shaman trying to dominate a cygor and wounding him for 5 turns. It occurs litteraly every 20 turns in every campaign I did with the beastmen (2 multiplayer campaigns and 1 solo).
    Other than that, this is a really fun faction to play.
    There may be a mod for this, I used one for my Grimgor campaign that stopped the Shamans hurting their hips from their dancing every 20 turns or so, CA need to make these events much more rare.