Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

axicup's Avatar Civis

Default Re: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

"Out 28th July". Oh well.

Hehehe, the video's down already.

And it's up again.
    Last edited by axicup; July 14, 2016 at 07:30 AM.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Faction by faction milking again, shamfurl display!. why cant it be a faction pack with 3-4 factions like it used to be(expansions).
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Tiro

Pictures (showing Malagor as second LL after Khazrak from the trailer)
    http://worthplaying.com/article/2016/7/13/news/99985/

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    Faction by faction milking again, shamfurl display!. why cant it be a faction pack with 3-4 factions like it used to be(expansions).
    Because you WILL get two standalone expansions featuring 3-4 races. With 16 total, and 5 1/2 in the first game you still have something left for DLC. Even more if CA would consider making non armybook factions DLC (Araby, Kislev, etc.) And since CA stated DLC races from Day#1 you can still complain, but it changes nothing

-----Red Dox

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

heh, this looked incredible silly without the blood and gore.

Anyway, might be a nice race I'd end up getting and the only 'bad' race I'm interesting in atm.

Would be challenging playing as Empire with Beastmen installed too
    Last edited by Beregond; July 14, 2016 at 06:39 AM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

As the Warherds gather in the forests of the Old World, all prepare for the coming of the Cloven Ones. Emerging from their woodland lairs to cast down the Empires of Man, they aim to reclaim that which was once theirs. As relentless as they are brutal, they will not rest until the realms of men are destroyed and the Call of the Beastmen is heard across all of The Old World.
    Call of the Beastmen, the first Campaign Pack for Total War: WARHAMMER, introduces the Beastmen as a new playable race and further expands the game with a brand new Story Campaign. A feral, Chaos-tainted horde race, they move like a plague across The Old World, wielding the deadly Lore of the Wild and fielding half-human aberrations and colossal beasts in battle. The Beastmen are playable in the Grand Campaign, custom and multiplayer battles, and in their very own custom Story Campaign, ‘An Eye for an Eye’.

With a uniquely aggressive horde-style campaign game, the Beastmen are masters of unconventional warfare both on and off the battlefield. They feature an array of unique gameplay mechanics, including the ability to travel through overgrown Beastpaths to outmanoeuvre unsuspecting foes and, through a dark bond with Morrslieb, the Chaos Moon, perform twisted acts of faith to gain its favour.
    Alongside the Call of the Beastmen Campaign Pack, another free content update will introduce a brand new Lore of Magic and an accompanying Hero unit for The Empire. Perhaps the most rarely seen of all Wizards, the solitary Amber Wizards are no less powerful than their more prevalent counterparts. Wielding the deadly Lore of Beasts they are able to perform unique feats of magical power, from enchanting their allies with impenetrable pelts to summoning a manticore from the bowels of the earth.
    Call of the Beastmen is coming July 28th, pre-order now on Steam and receive 10% off

Here's the pics:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I know nothing about the beastmen except they were a pain in the ass in Call of Warhammer. So we got Faunas, Cyclops, Minotaurs, Centaurs and Manticores. Half the Greek monster-pantheon. Seems Beastmen are to the Greek mythology what Chaos and Mauraders are to the Norse Mythology.

And the AI better learn to rebuild their raised settlements now,...

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

btw, do I see new forest maps on the screens? Some nice dense vegetation and twisted roots

The Beastmen are playable in the Grand Campaign, custom and multiplayer battles, and in their very own custom Story Campaign, ‘An Eye for an Eye’.
    A whole new mini campaign designed specifically for the Beastmen?

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Bloody hell this looks fantastic. Cannot wait! This is the only evil faction I'm really interested in.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    A whole new mini campaign designed specifically for the Beastmen?
    I think specific for Khazrak. The name implies that he has an eye to pick with Boris Todbringer

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Khazrak_One-Eye

-----Red Dox

Theres a whole new map. Really good news. And the beastmen look amazing. I never thought I would say that...good job CA. This game has great potential

Are 17 bucks normal for a faction dlc?

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

@Memories of the Time Nope. it's really expensive.

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Yeah, I will wait for more info on the new 'features' and what the mini campaign looks like exactly as well how the Beastmen are implemented in the Grand Campaign. At the current price it had better be really good because the Wood Elves DLC is coming soon as well...

I just wish CA had some different horde mechanics, I have tried to play hordes a few times and for whatever reason can't get into it. I might skip this DLC and wait for Wood Elves.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Memories of the Time View Post
    Comes with a new Beastman campaign, if that means anything.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

For a new faction, a new lore of magic (with another one for free), new heroes, a new map (for the "hidden encampment"), and a new mini-campaign... Yeah I'd say $17 is a pretty decent deal.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

lol "war-herds"
    I love the english language, you can paste anything and it becomes a word with its own merit.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

It states that there's a new campaign map for it, the price very clearly that there should be a new map: where're the pics of this mildly over priced new map?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

CA answered on Facebook that the high price was justified by large amount of animations they had to make new. It might be true, it might be an exaggeration, but it is rather irrelevant from buyer's perspective. I judge the price by what it has to offer. And from what I saw in the description on Steam, they reuse quite a lot of elements from the main game: horde mechanics from Chaos (I know, technically it's a DLC, but most of us have it already) without infighting attrition (hoorah), fightiness meter and Waaagh armies from Greenskins, terrain-ignoring movements similar to Dwarfen and Greenskins' underway system, etc. The quest battles are also fewer: 2 for Khazrak the One Eye and only one for Malagor The Dark Omen. On the plus size, there seems to be new atmospheric Beast-Path battle maps, which are likely to take place in deep forest. Finger crossed for how it looks like.

All in all, it does get more expensive. Rome 2 and Attila's campaign packs cost only 15 euro per piece. I myself would still buy it. I'm rather sure that would keep me entertain for a few dozens of hours of gameplay, which would make it really cheap on money-per-fun basis.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast