Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

Default Re: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

I've finished a few campaigns as the the von Carsteins and Empire, but I definitely enjoy the Beastmen on a completely other level. Everyone hated me (including Chaos, because I declared war on them all, because them) and I would regularly shunt from dominating and clearing monstrous stacks of Dwarves or Skaelings to running terrified back to whatever forest I could hide in. Haven't had that much fun in a TW campaign in a long time. Going to start Malagor today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaos View Post
    I personally like them, Bestigors are sick and Cygors too.
    However IMO they spread a little bit too much chaos... Maybe decreasing the initial chaos influence, but adding a modifier which gets higher for the duration a horde stays in the same province.
    My main problem is that its the 'lava' type of corruption. Beastmen should be all trees, blood and herdstones .

Quote Originally Posted by surg3on View Post
    My main problem is that its the 'lava' type of corruption. Beastmen should be all trees, blood and herdstones .
    I absolutely agree with this. I would rather have NO Chaos Corruption than what it is now. Sure, the Beastmen are the original children of Chaos and, to quote their army book "not of nature". That said, they still live in the deepest woods in the millions.

Quote Originally Posted by surg3on View Post
    Yes this, wherever I go with my horde, the land turns into a black wasteland. The corrupted forest theme (the way it looks in the beast path) would be way more fitting.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

I play them in small campaign and in coop.

I think they are OP! Take a bull and minotaurs in your army and you are totally OP. The bull is able to decide a battle. A run into back of enemy let them run.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    I play them in small campaign and in coop.

I think they are OP! Take a bull and minotaurs in your army and you are totally OP. The bull is able to decide a battle. A run into back of enemy let them run.
    That's... actually pretty true to the tabletop game, haha. Beastmen are like a somewhat worse chaos, but you get that Minobus rolling with 9 total Minotaurs or Doombulls and it's lights out.

To make it short:

-very good Warhammer game (great lore consistency)

-an ok Total War game (missing gameplay mechanics from previous titles, feels somehow barren)

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Flinn; August 04, 2016 at 09:11 AM. Reason: removed off topic comments and reformatted the text

So if you dont get the DLC the beastmen dont appear in the grand campaign? And If I got the dlc if I then start a new campaign as Empire I can fight against them?
    Last edited by Flinn; August 04, 2016 at 10:34 AM. Reason: removed off topic remarks

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Stay on topic gents; this is a thread where you can talk about this specific DLC, not about CA's policy on DLCs
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    So if you dont get the DLC the beastmen dont appear in the grand campaign? And If I got the dlc if I then start a new campaign as Empire I can fight against them?
    The Beastmen are only there for the AI if you don't buy the DLC. So any faction in a new campaign will be fighting them regardless of whether you bought the DLC or not.
    I like them, a simple to play brawling faction.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

well, I paid $9 and am totally content with the purchase.

Never played horde too and it's a very refreshing experience, though keeping income up has been a challenge.
    Run into a bankruptcy once, when I got to carried away razing newly rebuilt Orc settlements, not realizing at first that it netted couple hundred 'favour' at best.

Beastmen units are amazing. Very much like the Centaurs, need more of them though - with no stamina they are a perfect hit-and-run cavalry to harass enemy ranks.
    Minotaur charge is sooo satisfying and Doom Bull is practically unbeatable, esp when upgraded.

Still, my main gripe remains - playable Middenland should have been included in this DLC
    Last edited by Beregond; August 04, 2016 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost, colonel View Post
    The Beastmen are only there for the AI if you don't buy the DLC. So any faction in a new campaign will be fighting them regardless of whether you bought the DLC or not.
    I like them, a simple to play brawling faction.
    Right so if I dont have the DLC I have to start a new campaign? My current ones wont see them?

Runs off to check.

EDIT

Ok you have to start a new campaign. So yeah my initial campaigns are now a bit pointless. I will wait till all DLC released then play again.
    Last edited by Tango12345; August 05, 2016 at 06:05 AM. Reason: off-topic section removed

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Right so if I dont have the DLC I have to start a new campaign? My current ones wont see them?

Runs off to check.

EDIT

Ok you have to start a new campaign. So yeah my initial campaigns are now a bit pointless. I will wait till all DLC released then play again.
    Let me know if I am right regarding Beastmen need a new campaign to show up, I was presuming that one.

Why are your initial campaigns now a bit pointless, if you were enjoying them why not continue them?

If your going to wait til all DLC is released, do you mean for the first main game, or the next two with all their DLC? I say that because if each main game that is added needs a new campaign to get it all at once, then each old campaign we have could seem limited.
    Last edited by Tango12345; August 05, 2016 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost, colonel View Post
    Let me know if I am right regarding Beastmen need a new campaign to show up, I was presuming that one.

Why are your initial campaigns now a bit pointless, if you were enjoying them why not continue them?

If your going to wait til all DLC is released, do you mean for the first main game, or the next two with all their DLC? I say that because if each main game that is added needs a new campaign to get it all at once, then each old campaign we have could seem limited.
    Think of it like this. Imagine there's a brilliant film or book. You get so far but then the creator/author says no wait am spicing it up a bit....after the 3rd time of starting back from the beginning to get the best possible experience you start to think zzzzzzz been there done that.

So what am gonna do is wait and then play the finished product.

i.e surely playing a full campaign as say empire is going to be better with Beastmen+elves+undead+lizardmen in it. The games good but not that good I cant leave it for a yr.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; August 04, 2016 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

Never played horde too and it's a very refreshing experience, though keeping income up has been a challenge.
    Run into a bankruptcy once, when I got to carried away razing newly rebuilt Orc settlements, not realizing at first that it netted couple hundred 'favour' at best.

Beastmen units are amazing. Very much like the Centaurs, need more of them though - with no stamina they are a perfect hit-and-run cavalry to harass enemy ranks.
    Minotaur charge is sooo satisfying and Doom Bull is practically unbeatable, esp when upgraded.
    Yep I can vouch for them too. Just had a very tough battle against 4 Empire armies playing on double unit sizes with no morale mod, better AI army composition mod, Beastmen can recruit Wyverns mod, Eye for an Eye campaign.

I was waiting for my siege towers to be built when I ended turn with Malagor rank 19 with many upgrades and buffs etc, Death Shaman, Doom Bull, 6 Minotaurs etc, an elite herd, all on 2-3 gold cheverons(upgraded Doom Bull gives 2-3 chevs, and six chevs from the random full moon choices that come up).

My Bray herd is crushed before it links up with me and I am attacked by 4 full armies, I retreat from siege as I don't like the odds but I am followed by all 4 armies. Cygors do a lot of damage targeting their Halberds as a priority. Minotaurs save my butt. Enemy missile troops on foot and horse a real pain but were taken out last, the Minotaurs can run very fast, another useful aspect to them for catching light inf.

Odd post battle results, despite taking out many Lords and Mages I get no nice post battle items and Malagor doesn't even go up a rank. The upside was at the full moon cycle just prior I got lucky with the option to choose full unit replenishment(doesn't come up often), so Herd was immediately at full strength, currently back at the same city I started at building siege towers again for a second attempt, I do not expect my enemy to attempt a relief this time, oh and another Bray Herd appeared.

Still, my main gripe remains - playable Middenland should have been included in this DLC

Here you go... Screw the DLC.. I've been playing Boris while you guys have been playing the beastmen. I will get it for a 2 dollar steam sale.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...08&searchtext=

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Yeah should just have been a copy past from Empire more or less.
    Kinda makes me think there be lesser of a chance to see a playable Averland :C

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Middenland in the mini campaign doesn't make sense since you don't have any worthy enemy to play against. In the Grand campaign, a playable Middenland might be more interesting, if only because of its starting position. I feel that the gameplay would be 99% identical to the Empire, which makes things rather redundant.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by C.Maximus View Post
    Here you go... Screw the DLC.. I've been playing Boris while you guys have been playing the beastmen. I will get it for a 2 dollar steam sale.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...08&searchtext=
    hmm, looks nice, might try it once it has more content and after I'm bored with Beastmen )

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Other off topic comments removed. There's nothing wrong to talk about CA and criticize their policy if you want, but it can be done only on one place (the business practices thread), this in order to avoid the place to be flammed with people barking one to the other about CA; you can mention CA of course in your posts, but not make it the focus of your post outside the dedicated thread; there's no discussion about this point.

TWC is a fan site, not an official CA/SEGA site; you are welcomed and free to express your opinions, but you have to respect the TOS and the moderation that enforces it.
    Finally, this is a moderation warning just like the one above; if anyone has any complain he can go into the Mod Com or PM me for further private discussions; any direct reply to moderation warning will be treated as off topic or defying moderators.
    Last edited by Flinn; August 05, 2016 at 08:24 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader