Thread: Future plans for warhammer and a question or two about future playable factions.

Default Future plans for warhammer and a question or two about future playable factions.

If CA ever make Bretonnia playable what do you all think the campaign would consist of? It seems to me that they are wedged into the West behind the Empire and there isn't really anywhere to legitimately expand into other than invading the Empire or Estalia, which is contrary to the lore. Is it possible that the campaign could revolve around keeping control of different warring nobles or something like that?

Also, I was reading about the Ogre kingdoms which look interesting but I noticed that they are way off to the East, meaning we are unlikely to see them (other than possibly as mercenaries). Did they say that there would be other games focusing on new maps which could be combined with the original one? What is the exact plan there if anyone knows?

Tiro

Default Re: Future plans for warhammer and a question or two about future playable factions.

Bretonia will possibly have to "unit" the kingdom, like anyone else. And then do something else (like anybody else).

Regarding Ogrekingdoms, CA has said they want to do all 16 8th edition races justices. The plan is three standalone games, which can be combined to one big ass map. probably something like this
    http://i.imgur.com/ybIyKdl.png

Which expansion comes first, and which races are in it, is a discussion where everyone has other opinions. But besides all points, it must always be considered that the "standalone" addon has to function at its own (with map & races) The most likley and logical choice would be

DLC "base game": Beastmen, Woodelves, Skaven
    Expansion West: Darkelves, Lizardmen, Highelves, Daemons
    Expansion east: Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms

But Daemons can come everywhere, everytime. Even as DLC now. Skaven are popular enough to be the next PreOrder Scam and can be in both addons, even if their capital, Skavenblight, lies in the old world. In the end, we have to wait and see what CA will show us probably next year. Even if I think the first expansion will hit us in 2018. Until then, riddle about the coming Free-DLC content
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...e_Content_Blog
    as well as the "cash plz" DLC.

After the "Beastmen" teaser today
    https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/ph...type=3&theater
    we probably get them tomorrow or at least next week. Which would mean for the F-LC roadmap, probably the beast magic lore and Ambermage for Empire at the same time or shortly followed.

-----Red Dox

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Future plans for warhammer and a question or two about future playable factions.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...nalysed#latest
    interesting link about CA plans for all tree games
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thanks for the info guys.

Honestly for Bretonnia I would like to see the crusader mechanic from Med2 put into the game. I mean as you said the faction is nestled behind the mountains and do not have anywhere to expand other then other human/dwarf factions (save Mousillon). Because of this it would make sense for them to be able to launch crusades in order to expand outside of their area. Even if they unite all the Dukedoms and stopped at Estalia there is no where to go after that. It would make sense for them to be able to crusade to retake certain areas that might have been lost against chaos, the vampires or orcs.

Say the vampires take an important Imperial region and you are allied with the Empire. You should be able to launch a crusade against them and retake the city for them or for yourself. I loved managing my home country in Med 2 but then having some far reached lands that I claimed during crusades to then manage. This way you can send out epic expeditions at lower costs then other factions.

Aenerion1's Avatar Libertus

You spelled Errantry Wars wrong

Who'd have thought the Errantry Wars would spawn the equally bloody pendantry wars.