Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Most Played Steam Games

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Your Most Played Steam Games

I was looking through my list of Steam games and it only just occurred to me how much time I've invested in gaming. I supposed that this can tell a lot about a person depending on what games they've invested the most in. So what are your top 3 played Steam games?

Mine are:
    1. Crusader Kings II (696 hours)
    2. Shogun 2 Total War (596 hours)
    3. Napoleon Total War (578 hours)

Mount and Blade and Rome II were close followed at around 400 hours.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Your Most Played Steam Games

Interesting question. Not all my games are on steam and some I had elsewhere first but downloaded again on steam because it was cheap and less of a hassle to install.

1. Empire total war. (514 hours)
    2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. (304 hours)
    3. XCom 2. (219 hours)

Empire total war was my first game on steam. Sadly all the later total war games just havent been as interesting, not even all of them combined reach the amount of hours I played Empire total war. Rome and medieval 2 might top it, but I wouldnt know since I played them mostly on disc. Only Rome did I buy on steam last year for ease of use.

Neverwinter Nights 1 still trumps them all though, I have no idea how much hours I played it. I had xfire for about two years or such many years ago during NWN's heyday and I clocked about 2000 hours on it before I got rid of xfire. And I had NWN1 before xfire too. I think that 10000 hours might be a safe estimate. There where weeks I played it like 40-50 hours in college. Never really stopped playing it for longer than a year at most, usually just months.
    I think I play it around 10 hours a week by now.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Funnily enough, Empire was also my first game on Steam and is my most played game.
    Empire's top spot isn't entirely deserved though; When I was playing Empire, I spent a lot of time going out, getting drunk, and staying up all night at parties and stuff and so when I got back home in the morning, still wide awake... I'd fire up Empire, play a few turns and then pass out.

Empire: Total War (697 hours)
    Europa Universalis IV (548 hours)
    Crusader Kings II (467 hours)

Rome 2 (1416 hours)
    The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (843 hours)
    Empire (593 hours)

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Football Manager 2010 (731h)
    Civ V (700h)
    Shogun 2 (680h)

Didnt play anything else at the time of FM2010 (you actually cant get the game anymore), and two coop campaigns in shogun 2 probably took up like 150h. All the stupid 1 ship naval battles you had to play because the autoresolve was terrible....

How do you put that many hours into a game? My top is Wargame Red Dragon at 520 hours. But honestly, a lot of that is sitting around bsing with friends in the lobby waiting for a game to start or finding a server etc. My next closest is like 92 hours. In fact I remember steam inflating hours played. Games that I'd played maybe eight hours were showing up in the 90s and what not. In fact, it says I've played Rome 2 292 hours and there's just no way that's true. I don't even believe I've played RD 520 hours. I think there's something up with the way it records gameplay.
    Last edited by Captain Jin; July 13, 2016 at 09:53 PM.

Mount & Blade Warband with 1088 hours
    Neverwinter Nights 2 with 759 hours
    and Empire Total War with 383 hours.

Warband is not suprising, cause i play it ever since it released, and was in some regiments in napoleonic wars and line battles and etc for a long time. Also the multiplayer is a great way to pass the time. Half my fun is the gameplay and the other is the chat in napoleonic wars, really...

Now NWN 2 i was surprised as heck to see it that far. I got in a persistant roleplaying server in it and it was lot of fun for a time though i got burnt out in the end. But still 750 hours in 6 months is freaking a lot. But i was basically only playing it so...

Not recorded on steam (cause it has its own launcher) but im pretty sure i have more than some 500 hours on Forgotten Hope 2 (mod for BF2) as well. On the ranked server i got 200 hours, and for years i only played on the non ranked server (until the server went under).
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I gues empire total war is when most people on these forums went on steam since it was the first total war game to require it.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I have over 750 hours in...Empire Total War, which is my most played Steam game.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    How do you put that many hours into a game? My top is Wargame Red Dragon at 520 hours. But honestly, a lot of that is sitting around bsing with friends in the lobby waiting for a game to start or finding a server etc. My next closest is like 92 hours. In fact I remember steam inflating hours played. Games that I'd played maybe eight hours were showing up in the 90s and what not. In fact, it says I've played Rome 2 292 hours and there's just no way that's true. I don't even believe I've played RD 520 hours. I think there's something up with the way it records gameplay.
    I was a student at the time :p And now i'm an achievement whore. Barely watch any tv or movies though. Ive followed like three series in the past 10 year

Also, not bothering to turn games off when you go to dinner ticks on pretty fast. And you spent a fair amount of waiting before you had an ssd in games like Civ V and FM

I also only have half the amount of games most of my steamfriends have, even though I play more on a weekly base. The games I have, I just tend to play a lot of them. Im not a bundle buyer.
    Last edited by eXistenZ; July 14, 2016 at 12:38 PM.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Mount & Blade Warband with 1088 hours
    Warband is not suprising, cause i play it ever since it released, and was in some regiments in napoleonic wars and line battles and etc for a long time. Also the multiplayer is a great way to pass the time. Half my fun is the gameplay and the other is the chat in napoleonic wars, really...
    I've got you beat there 1,179 hours in Warband. Got it back in 2011, joined a Mount and Musket regiment, and I've been with them since.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    How do you put that many hours into a game?
    You just have it for a long time and play it a lot tbh, I've been playing Warband for like 5 years now. A lot of good memories.

My next two are 280 hours in Skyrim and then 183 in Rome II.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

1821 hours on Warband. This doesn't include at least 1.5 years of active play and another 1.5 of extremely inactive play. The cRPG mod stopped being launched through Steam years ago so there's no time added to the counter since then.

Got it almost exclusively from cRPG. Love it.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Mount & Blade: Warband
    1,945 hrs on record and counting

Total War: ATTILA
    638 hrs on record and counting

Total War: SHOGUN 2
    368 hrs on record (removed it quite some time ago) and will be soon replaced with EU4
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

1) Civ 5 (655 hours)
    2) Fallout 4 (244 hours)
    3) M&B Warband (215 hours)

Team Fortress 2: 383hrs
    Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence: 120hrs
    Skyrim: 117hrs

Kilo's Avatar Semisalis

1. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (508 hours)
    2. Hearts of Iron III (448 hours)
    3. Arma 3 (384 hours)
    4. X3: Terran Conflict (252 hours)
    5. Empire: Total War (252 hours)

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Day of Defeat: Source, Football Manager 2013 and Shogun 2 Total War make up the top, followed by Napoleon Total War and Counter Strike Global Offensive.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

empire: total war - 1184 hours
    total war: rome 2 - 747 hours
    total war: shogun 2 - 548 hours

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Warband: 890.3h
    age of chivalry: 819.9h
    crusader kings 2: 450.7h

i played mount and blade since beta (mount and blade the original, not warband.) in the M+B series i must have well over 10k hours or more since original M+B wasnt on steam. age of chiv is a multiplayer mod for HL2, the predecessor to (and ultimatly shite) Chivalry:Medieval warfare, ck2 was long long hours forming HRE, Roman empire, UK, france spain india and so much more, all while watching youtube or laughing with friends on TS

Rome 2 comes in at 411 hours to be 4th on my list, but my most played game ever going into ridiculous numbers is likely a tie between elder scrolls oblivion, and med2 total war, i wouldnt be surprised if those games both clocked 15k plus hour each over the years.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

MTW2 1413 hours
    TWWH 152 hours
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast