Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

  1. #21
    Tiro
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Logrolño ( La Rioja)
    Posts
    232

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    It is a bit silly to quote myself, but i answered some similar question only days ago in other thread , you could check it to see if you find it usefull.

    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...II-FAQ/page242

    Regards:
    melvidh

  2. #22

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    It is a bit silly to quote myself, but i answered some similar question only days ago in other thread , you could check it to see if you find it usefull.

    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...II-FAQ/page242

    Regards:
    melvidh
    That's exactly what I need! Thanks, pal! Much appreciated!

  3. #23
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,585

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Quote Originally Posted by rinza00 View Post
    Thanks, mate! Gonna try today to move them all to their "home" regions.

    And btw what would be the best outcome of this reform? Would I get some better units? Maybe it already happened and I didn't notice it=) Should I receive some special event notice?
    Gradual unlocking of all KH's better government buildings, and thus the higher tiers of infrastructure. Which include those that mimic Hellenistic Colonies (which KH can't build or recruit from), and another that mimics the polis (because KH can't build new ones, though they can recruit from existing ones).

    There are event notices for each stage of this complex reform.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Gradual unlocking of all KH's better government buildings, and thus the higher tiers of infrastructure. Which include those that mimic Hellenistic Colonies (which KH can't build or recruit from), and another that mimics the polis (because KH can't build new ones, though they can recruit from existing ones).

    There are event notices for each stage of this complex reform.
    Thanks!
    Is there a place to read more about it? Does the new KH "Colonies" system work the same way as the original one?
    What are names of those buildings, please? I can check their features in the file.
    Cheers!

  5. #25
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,585

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Quote Originally Posted by rinza00 View Post
    Thanks!
    Is there a place to read more about it? Does the new KH "Colonies" system work the same way as the original one?
    What are names of those buildings, please? I can check their features in the file.
    Cheers!
    It's not a colony system, it's a collection of government buildings that mimic the recruitment of the Hellenistic Colony. For other Hellenistic factions, they don't get professional Greeks in their governments, only in the Hellenistic Colony. KH can't build those, so this gives them a means to get them as an exception to the usual rule that Hellenistic governments only provide locals.

    The kh3/kh4 mimics the helcol_one. The kh7/kh8 mimics the helcol_two. The kh6 provides an imitation of a polis_two in areas that don't have a polis.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's not a colony system, it's a collection of government buildings that mimic the recruitment of the Hellenistic Colony. For other Hellenistic factions, they don't get professional Greeks in their governments, only in the Hellenistic Colony. KH can't build those, so this gives them a means to get them as an exception to the usual rule that Hellenistic governments only provide locals.

    The kh3/kh4 mimics the helcol_one. The kh7/kh8 mimics the helcol_two. The kh6 provides an imitation of a polis_two in areas that don't have a polis.
    Gotcha! Thanks a lot!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    This is incredibly convoluted, non-intuitive, and tedious.

    Ok I take it back, if you don't need to take them to Corinth anymore I suppose it's not too bad.
    Last edited by Camcolit; October 11, 2019 at 09:21 AM.

  8. #28
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,585

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Quote Originally Posted by Camcolit View Post
    This is incredibly convoluted, non-intuitive, and tedious.

    Ok I take it back, if you don't need to take them to Corinth anymore I suppose it's not too bad.
    Then don't play KH, there are other factions.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Actually I'm enjoying the KH campaign a lot.

  10. #30
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13,502

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    I just want to say that I'm loving all the new traits I see for Koinon Hellenon since the last time I played them, which was probably version 2.2b or something old like that. Since then I've played full Makedonia, Epeiros, and Roman campaigns. I'm not a fan of the KH recruitment system, but will be happy so long as I can have Greek troops throughout the Mediterranean via alternative building tree infrastructure, i.e. government buildings instead of hel_col colonial settler ones (which should all just be demolished for cash as soon as you capture new settlements). So long as I'm able to eventually recruit Thorakitai infantry from Emporion and Massalia I'll be satisfied.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    I can understand why the KH wouldn't be able to build settler colonies, but I don't see the rationale behind not enabling them to build polis buildings.

    Since historically the Greeks city-states colonised and built new poleis all over the Mediterranean, why not allow them within the game? Is it for gameplay reasons, or is there a historical rationale I haven't thought of?

  12. #32
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,585

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    I can understand why the KH wouldn't be able to build settler colonies, but I don't see the rationale behind not enabling them to build polis buildings.

    Since historically the Greeks city-states colonised and built new poleis all over the Mediterranean, why not allow them within the game? Is it for gameplay reasons, or is there a historical rationale I haven't thought of?
    The notion is that the whole business of colonisation of any kind has been taken over by the Makedonians, genuinely Greek colonisation has finished. That includes setting up new civic institutions based on trade. City states were no longer active in founding new settlements as they had done from the 7th to 5th centuries BC.

    Note KH has a government which allow them to imitate having a polis to draw from (the kh6 - which in the patch also features some locals so it isn't as painful a choice) in places with a high level of rel_h, and they can still take advantage of any polis-building by the AI.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; October 17, 2019 at 07:47 AM.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I'm not a fan of the KH recruitment system, but will be happy so long as I can have Greek troops throughout the Mediterranean via alternative building tree infrastructure
    KH can install their top tier government all over the place, covering the map with huge, rich cites and being able to recruit loads of elite hoplites - in numbers enough that you can base your army on them. I didn't, but it would probably be optimal, given they are only slightly more expensive than thorakitai and significantly better. They can also recruit excellent auxiliaries. Overall KH are great and probably too strong imo.

  14. #34
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13,502

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Quote Originally Posted by Camcolit View Post
    KH can install their top tier government all over the place, covering the map with huge, rich cites and being able to recruit loads of elite hoplites - in numbers enough that you can base your army on them. I didn't, but it would probably be optimal, given they are only slightly more expensive than thorakitai and significantly better. They can also recruit excellent auxiliaries. Overall KH are great and probably too strong imo.
    Yep, I built a KH empire extending to all of Great Britain years ago in v. 2.2b, but a lot has changed since then! I didn't even know the Ptolemies declared war if I took Cyrene in Libya, which was held by my new enemies, Carthage, which I just started fighting for control of Sicily. It took me completely by surprise, wasn't expecting that! I rushed a diplomat over to them right away to make peace, which was rather stinging since I had been allied with the Ptolemies for two decades before this point. At the moment I'm still in the Thureophoroi reform period, but once I reach the Thorakitai reforms I'll start expanding in earnest and test your claims about building factional governments. From what I can tell any area without a preexisting polis infrastructure cannot field league governments. If it has less than 30% or so Hellenistic polities it seems like allied democracies or oligarchies are the only choice. When it's above that percentage it seems as though the Supervised Hellenic Administration is an option, and it has good recruitment options, but it actually lacks the elite Hoplitai Epilektoi. They seem to have the regular Hoplitai, though, among regional units that are available.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

    Playing the latest version, I had 'Hellenic League Member State' governments in all of Greece, Macedonia, Thrace, the part of Illyria I'd taken, and the part of Asia minor I'd taken (which was quite a lot). That is a lot of cities. With that government all the cities have no problem becoming huge and ultra rich with large ports, industry etc. It's a bit overpowered. You can recruit large number of elite hoplites all over the place. You can also recruit Cretan archers on the Greek mainland.

    I'd like to see serious limitation put on all cites that historically were not major centers, something in the style of city mod for EB1. As KH you can have 20 Romes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •