Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Default Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

I've been trying to make the Koinon Hellenon reforms work since building the third Hellenistic Metropolis at Thermon. I built the next building at Korinth, and am at the point where I gather four Archons at Korinth for a year.

A year has passed, and apparently my gathered FMs aren't good enough. They each have some vague trait to do with being an Archon - though some are a little dubious, suggesting in one case the leader of Rhodes' navy and a sort of Cretan demi-Archon which I don't think counts. So I need proper Archons - how do I get these? The stickied reform thread just says "battles" but I've fought over fifty so far with all my generals put together, and various FMs have led different armies in different times and places. But apparently this isn't enough.

Can anyone shine some light on this?

Also, possibly as an aside or, as I suspect, very much related: the random traits some FMs acquire mid-turn, which seem to occur simply when I click on a FM who (perhaps) doesn't already have one; are these Archon related? Because they seem to be, but if so then I've no idea how I've done it.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Biarchus

Default Re: Need help acquiring Archon traits for Koinon Hellenon FMs

I used to get Archon traits mid turn. They were the only traits that appeared in that manner. Alas, I have not played a KH campaign for many months though. I was never successful with the reform in the previous 2.1 series either. I also am hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

You're correct about clicking on guys mid-turn. From my own experience that's the only way I've seen them receive the Archon trait. They have to be standing outside of a settlement while you're clicking them, though.

I'll try to explain the whole reform process for convenience of all who have similar problems. I think you miss a stage of the reform, that's not mentioned in game.

First the StateLeader trait (don't worry, they can have some 'misleading' descriptions) is gained if you have the corresponding city, build at least an 'Allied City State' goverment building, the character in question has influence > 0, the StateLeader trait must not be given to any other character, the character has not gained any other StateLeader trait and you need to have the right ethnicity (corresponding to the city). The last one can be tricky so i'll give a list of the cities and the traits needed:

Ambrakia -> Apeirotes
    Thermon -> Aitolos
    Pella -> Khalkideus
    Demetrias -> Thessalos
    Korinthos -> Korinthios
    Mytilene (Ephesus) -> Ion
    Athenai -> Athenaios
    Chalkis (Athenai) -> Boiotos
    Salamis (Athenai) -> needs no trait/especially it has to be no client ruler
    Sparte -> Spartiates
    Rhodos -> Rhodios
    Kydonia (Knossos) -> Kres

Chalkis and Salamis need Athenai as city as they are not represented on the campaign map. It has already be mentioned, but you can select the character yourself, by clicking on him on the campaign map. Also, of course, three family members have the trait upon start.

Part 1: get 3 Metropolis buildings (stage 3 polis)
    Part 2: build the congress (kh3 goverment building)
    Part 3: build 4 'Allied League' building (kh4 goverment building), also the congress must still be present
    Part 4: bring at least 4 state leaders to Korinthos and keep them there for 4 rounds
    Part 5: queue up 2 'Greek League Founding State' buldings (kh7 goverment bulding)
    Part 6: happens after 16 rounds. no further input needed

Part 4 can be achieved with state leaders only coming from Athenai and Sparte, considering that Athenai can five you 3 different leaders (just as an example). Getting the leaders is not really a problem in the reform. The reform will also progress automatically for the player and the AI:

Part 2: TurnNumber > 120
    Part 3: TurnNumber > 280
    Part 4: TurnNumber > 300
    Part 5: TurnNumber > 320
    Part 6: TurnNumber > 340

The script is pretty complicated. It seems absolutly sound to me, but if something breaks in your playthrough you can always count for the fallback and just wait until it kicks in. I hope i didn't make any mistakes and it clears up some things. Also i tried not to spoiler too much . Boogie, think you just missed part 3. Happend to me too.

Civis

Every special trait what give +2 influence is archon? Or only example archon tes thessalos is the archon, what have a name archon.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk

Yes, all state leader traits have the +2 influence. You can identify them that way.

Civis

Omg thanks bro

Civis

Akhaios is which city?

Biarchus

Awesome, it's nice to see the fallback too.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. Akhaios is the in game description for Korinthios. The text displayed in game and the name of the trait in the files are different. Also Ion will be shown as Ionios. I will change that as soon as i can do it.

While i'm looking into the file anyways, here are the names of the state leader:

Ambrakia_State_Leader -> Prostates ton Apeirotan
    Thermon_State_Leader -> Strategos ton Aitolon
    Pella_State_Leader -> Archon ton Khalkideon
    Demetrias_State_Leader -> Archon tes Thessalias
    Korinthos_State_Leader -> Strategos ton Akhaion
    Chalkis_State_Leader -> Archon ton Boioton
    Mytilene_State_Leader -> Prytaneus ton Ionion
    Salamis_State_Leader -> Nesiarchos ton Nesioton
    Athenai_State_Leader -> Archon tou Demou
    Sparte_State_Leader -> Ephoros tes Spartes
    Rhodos_State_Leader -> Nauarkhos tou Rhodou
    Kydonia_State_Leader -> Prostates ton Kretaieon

Civis

Thx

Saithem, take a bow you magnificent human being. Thank you so much for this help.

I did indeed miss step three; the strategy section of the building description for the congress made me think the next step was to gather the Archons in Korinth. I thought the k4 admin buildings were the step after that. I wondered why they appeared when they did...

Going back to the Archons though, I'm fairly certain I now have four but is it possible to get more? If so, how exactly does one bestow/acquire those titles? The ones I've got have all come about mid-turn when I've clicked on them. But I've spent this while campaign "clicking on generals" as one does in this game, and not all of them have gained titles. Do they have to be standing in the region in question, with no other Archon already appointed for that region? Or do you click on the city, then the general? This bit's confusing me.

Thank you SO MUCH again for the help, though. Utterly invaluable.

It seems you are overthinking it quite a bit. Then all the conditions are met, a character in question gains the trait after you select him on the campaign map (that's done via a script). The condition are:

- is no state leader already
    - no other family member is already leader of that state
    - has the right ethnicity (see comment above), so an Athenaois can't become state leader of Korinthos for example (see comment above)
    - has influence > 0
    - you own the corresponding settlement and you have at least build an 'Allied City State' building (kh2 goverment building)

If a family member doesn't meet all these condition, they can't become state leader. That's why you don't get them all through radomly clicking on family members during your campaign. Also, if you already have your Sparte state leader (for example) and you click on another Spartian even though he might meet all the other conditions, the latter doesn't get the trait, because it's already awarded to the first one (Areus can't become state leader of Sparte because Akrotatos is already state leader). To promote a family member to state leader, just lead him out of the city (if he's not already outside) and just click on him again. Doesn't matter where you do it, the trigger (monitor_event) only checks for the 'selecting/clicking' part, not the region he's currently in (you still have to own the region, though). If you want to test it, start a new Koinon campaign and right during the first round you can chose the state leader for Salamis (Nesiarchos ton Nesioton). It willl mostly be Areus, because he is the guy you select first in the campaign who isn't a state leader already. But you can give it for example to the family member in Chalkis (who is named 'something Attikos something').

You can have only one state leader for every city/region i listed. So at most you can get twelve.

Oh, sorry i made a mistake. It doesn't work right the first turn, you have to at least end one turn to make the script work. Also Glaukon Aithalidos Attikos (in Chalkis) doesn't work right away, because he has influence = 0. But Agatholes Rhodios, who is in the city of Rhodos, can be given the trait. Lead him out and click on him. Done.

I'd rep you again if I could. Thanks for laying all that out!

It looks like this is the only thread where some info about Archons exists I'm in turn 110 and conquered Greece, half of Asia Minor plus Sicilia and Magna Graecia. But none of my FM has the Archon trait... I've started a new campaign - 3 of them do have the trait but after 3 or 4 turns it disappears. Don't know what to do.
    All conditions are met as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithem View Post
    The condition are:

- is no state leader already
    - no other family member is already leader of that state
    - has the right ethnicity (see comment above), so an Athenaois can't become state leader of Korinthos for example (see comment above)
    - has influence > 0
    - you own the corresponding settlement and you have at least build an 'Allied City State' building (kh2 goverment building)
    Any chance to get the trait without starting a new campaign? Thanks in advance for any reply=)
    Cheers

I think he must be also least 35 years old. Crucial is that FM remains in the city of his origin ( his ethnicity, not where he was born). Just keep them ruling provinces of their origin and you will get it sooner than later.

Thanks, mate! Gonna try today to move them all to their "home" regions.

And btw what would be the best outcome of this reform? Would I get some better units? Maybe it already happened and I didn't notice it=) Should I receive some special event notice?

There is an event message, it unlocks advanced government type and allow you to recruit elite soldiers in wider area if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMadDoc View Post
    There is an event message, it unlocks advanced government type and allow you to recruit elite soldiers in wider area if I remember correctly.
    Thanks for that. Some random stuff just happened - one of my Athenai FM acquired Nesiarchos ton Nesioton trait. It means that it work fine but the problem is - i have much "better" and skillful fm who is also from "Athenai family". And he doesn't get Archon tou Demou (Athenai_State_Leader). Trying to figure out what's the difference between them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast