Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Local Tavern OOC Chat Thread

Default Re: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat Thread

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I wasn't.. asking you to..

Does Arryn actually believe Daemon is "rightful" in a white/black/good/bad sense? Or does he just see no alternative really (along with the fact that Daemon's won and fighting him would not be fun)?

Even if someone wanted to fight Daemon, there's no one around to raise a banner for; That however doesn't mean you think he's "rightful".. unless that is your definition of "rightful"

---

Ugh, I tire of this conversation, so many people misunderstood completely, I'm done trying to explain it

AND OZ, what the hell man, did you JUST discover gifs this week? You've posted like 10 gifs in the past 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; July 07, 2016 at 07:03 PM.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

How are we close to replaying lore?

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

We aren't, but there have been some interesting threads here and there

Such as Cersei being betrothed (?) to Daemon's heir (she was betrothed or almost betrothed to Rhaegar in the lore at some point)

Your Starks, Perry, don't follow the lore at all, but many other houses were setup to be accurate to the Aerys era lore, such as my Martells, the Lannisters, and so forth. I think the Arryns are now somewhat accurate too with a certain Jon Arryn in charge. No idea what the Tyrell family tree looked like before it got hot potato'd around.

In my case, for example, I have Doran, Elia, and Oberyn, just as in lore. And while I do intend to mimic certain things from the lore, such as Doran's temperament and style of strategy, or Oberyn's general infamy, they will be done in my own way, since they've departed from the lore the moment we all started RPing (and character development is very different with even just little tiny differences in timeline; Hence, Oberyn's youth will be a little different).
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; July 07, 2016 at 07:13 PM.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

I kind of want to jump in to say who cares about whether Daemon's claim would be stronger as a Targaryen or as a Blackfyre. Who cares if he is a usurper when he calls himself the rightful king.

If Maegor had stayed himself, he would be damned. Everyone would just see another Targaryen who could possibly turn mad like Aerys. Whose parentage would bring forth many questions given his father's actions. As a Blackfyre, no one knows that he is really a Targ save his closest supporters and 1 Westerosi, that being Lord Stark. The majority of the realm doesn't know this. They see a Blackfyre who came across the Narrow Sea and won the crown by force. In their eyes, his victories make him the rightful King. Just like if Daemon I, Daemon II, Daemon III, Haegon I and Maelys I had won their crowns by force. Just like Robert Baratheon and, if he had won, Steffon Baratheon. They would have been rightful kings by the spoils of victory. Who cares otherwise?

Come on guys, let's just enjoy the setting the way it is. Maegor betrayed his family, assumed a different persona and proclaimed himself the rightful king by victory. Let's not care about the technicalities.

I mean if Steffon had won, he would be proclaimed the rightful king by victory, but would actually be considered a usurper, but who cares? He won and his opponent lost. He is the king by victory and his opponent isn't.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

How the hell do you guys not worry about what will happen to your chars in the game. Like for me I am worried about what will happen to eddward and I dont know why. Like he just a fictonal char why worry about him

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

also what would happen if eddward duels hand of the king you know the one who is out for blood randomly lol. what if eddward wins and kills him I wonder what would happen lol

Citizen

Well you would be killing a close friend of the King so... probably end up being executed.

Especially since killing Raymun would make House Fossoway extinct for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Well you would be killing a close friend of the King so... probably end up being executed.

Especially since killing Raymun would make House Fossoway extinct for good.
    Not unless he kills him and goes to the wall after. I mean will the king hunt him down if he takes the black.

But why did I say this here now the mods will make sure I get bad rolls in the possible duel . But it would be well worth it if that happens

Citizen

So what if he takes the black? Daemon will still execute him. And I bet Mace Tyrell would do the same.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

I believe the King can deny you the option of taking the black in favor of summarily executing you instead, as Joff did to Ned.

So what if he takes the black? Daemon will still execute him. And I bet Mace Tyrell would do the same.
    Wait has a king lore wise ever killed someone on the wall ? Can they even do that. I am still trying to figure out if the nightwatch is controled by the crown or not

Also why so hostile. It was just a idea but it makes sense that it happens that way. Dueling seems to be the way to settle feuds. These days lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    I believe the King can deny you the option of taking the black in favor of summarily executing you instead, as Joff did to Ned.
    oh I was talking about him just going to the wall himself. Not having the king send him. Him just going to the wall himself. Which idk if that is possible or not. I assume you cant just show up to wall duty

Citizen

Not hostile, just stating the truth, good sir.

Not hostile, just stating the truth, good sir.
    ok I take it back.
    I am so looking forward to playing as eddwards son though.
    He reminds me abit of joffery for some reason lol

The Starks would stop you at Moat Cailin anyway, probably execute you too. But no, the Wall is not under the King's control. And while it can't be defended physically from the south it is a respected institution in the North. The trouble would be getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    The Starks would stop you at Moat Cailin anyway, probably execute you too. But no, the Wall is not under the King's control. And while it can't be defended physically from the south it is a respected institution in the North. The trouble would be getting there.
    Of course they would.. I mean you play them so what can I expect right and your the kings anyway. The North giving the knee to the King Ha What kind of Stark are you to bend the knee to a southern ? ( I am pulling your leg by the way )

If Rowan was a Northerner or an allied Rivermen Stark would go to war to protect them, you on the other hand are a Reachmen a group Rickard has no fondness for. Plus they're stanch allies of the Night's Watch and Rowan wouldn't be good for them.

I will be dropping from this. It looked fun from the outside and It had my interest. But I feel that for a new player there is too much to learn to really be effective. I been here almost two weeks, Most of you have been here for years if not more. And for a new player its overwhelming when most of you know the rules in and out without question. That is why I am dropping from the game.. As a new player to both forums and Game.. I feel out of place and way too behind to understand what is really going on. Also you guys a solid group of friends you know each other and how you will Rp.. But i am new and thus feel like a outsider.

I am sorry for all those in Rps with me.. But i will be dropping from this game effective right now ( Do not pm me.. I will not respond.. Will be leaving the site as well )

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azazel View Post
    I will be dropping from this. It looked fun from the outside and It had my interest. But I feel that for a new player there is too much to learn to really be effective. I been here almost two weeks, Most of you have been here for years if not more. And for a new player its overwhelming when most of you know the rules in and out without question. That is why I am dropping from the game.. As a new player to both forums and Game.. I feel out of place and way too behind to understand what is really going on. Also you guys a solid group of friends you know each other and how you will Rp.. But i am new and thus feel like a outsider.

I am sorry for all those in Rps with me.. But i will be dropping from this game effective right now ( Do not pm me.. I will not respond.. Will be leaving the site as well )
    I'm sorry to hear that.

-------------------------

On another note, lore says my Crannogmen get to ride this into battle:

Lizard-lions for the win!