Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Patch?

Default New Patch?

Just downloaded 21.1MB big thing for Attila. Anybody knows what it is?

I really hope it is .

EDIT:

it is a fix:
    Hi all,

The update for Total War: ATTILA that deployed recently is a small fix for Age of Charlemagne that fixes the game crash during end turn cycle on Frankish separatists.

Let us know if you encounter any other issues since the update.

-Darren
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...crash/p1?new=1
    Last edited by Fanest; June 16, 2016 at 05:12 AM. Reason: update
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Default Re: New Patch?

I think its stuff to do with custom maps, and that the siege mode should be fixed.

Well well, I guess we will see....
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Well - this is what is Updated.No updates for other DLCs or unknown stuff. Btw the Bug with Thagaste region in The Last Roman Campaign is still not fixed.

https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app&q=ATTILA

We still dont know what the unknown App is. May it be a DLC,FLC or Developer tool. We havent seen yet the full and final story of TW:Attila

337080 Unknown SteamDB Unknown App 337080 (Total War: ATTILA) 7 months ago
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; June 15, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

So no patch for Terry? CA is really outdoing themselves, making new strides.

Seems like the patch have something to do with the Assembly Kit. All the files in the binaries directory get renewed.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Jack Lusted stopped by the DLC thread in this subforum earlier just as I was posting- I'm not sure if that means anything. I was hoping for a FLC with the patch, but we'll have to see.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Btw the Bug with Thagaste region in The Last Roman Campaign is still not fixed.
    The most annoying bug of all time.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Lugotorix View Post
    Jack Lusted stopped by the DLC thread in this subforum earlier just as I was posting- I'm not sure if that means anything. I was hoping for a FLC with the patch, but we'll have to see.
    Really? I'll alert the media!
    Perhaps they could descend from their corporate perch and tell us lowly peasants what's going on with the mod tools, but I suppose that's too much to ask?
    Last edited by stevehoos; June 16, 2016 at 02:29 AM.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

No idea what this new patch entails but just throwing it out there - I'd LOVE some new Attila content. Keep that stuff coming
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

There are reports that on some people's PCs the hole game was reinstalled...

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...d-9-9gb#latest

Hi all,

The update for Total War: ATTILA that deployed recently is a small fix for Age of Charlemagne that fixes the game crash during end turn cycle on Frankish separatists.

Let us know if you encounter any other issues since the update.

-Darren
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...crash/p1?new=1

Great, this fix was badly needed. Cheers!
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

One fix that's it? You would think there's 5 people working at this company.

21 Mb for one small fix?

Maybe they will get around to fixing those missing building slots, because God knows the amount of DEV hours it would take to complete such an insurmountable task. I only hope CA can fix the beta modding tools by 2018 at the latest, it's good knowing I can play what was advertised in my 60$ video game 3 years after purchase. Thanks CA, you're the best!

It makes me really sad that the implementation of custom maps to the campaign map seems not to be happening. I'm getting tired of seeing floating walls and the Colosseum in every vanilla map that I am playing.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    One fix that's it? You would think there's 5 people working at this company.
    More shocking is the fact that it took this long to release something that is basically a hotfix. So many little things could be done to improve this game, even if it is only fixes for known bugs, and this is all we get.

Quote Originally Posted by eliasandersson View Post
    It makes me really sad that the implementation of custom maps to the campaign map seems not to be happening. I'm getting tired of seeing floating walls and the Colosseum in every vanilla map that I am playing.
    I know, yesterday I had a unit of soldiers disappear into a ground vortex (field battle) only to reemerge a view seconds later. These are mod team type mistakes where people are not getting paid and have limited time. It's sloppy/hastily done work.

The Carthage map in Rome 2 was utter trash, I haven't played it to ever see if CA went in and fixed all the floating objects. That and the fact that CA had to remove the gates from the sea landing wall to get the siege battle to function properly is indicative of their quality. My first sea invasion battle in Rome 2 will resonate with me even when my video game playing days are over.
    Last edited by stevehoos; June 21, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    I know, yesterday I had a unit of soldiers disappear into a ground vortex (field battle) only to reemerge a view seconds later. These are mod team type mistakes where people are not getting paid and have limited time. It's sloppy/hastily done work.

The Carthage map in Rome 2 was utter trash, I haven't played it to ever see if CA went in and fixed all the floating objects. That and the fact that CA had to remove the gates from the sea landing wall to get the siege battle to function properly is indicative of their quality. My first sea invasion battle in Rome 2 will resonate with me even when my video game playing days are over.
    But seriously though, is it certain that there is zero chance that this some time in the future won't be implemented, fixed or patched officially or unofficially?

I just downloaded 150mb update For the modding Tools for TW:Attila.

343660 Tool Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit BETA about 3 hours ago

Steamdb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast