Citizen

Default interesting thread about magic

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...it-size#latest
    what do you think of it?
    discuss it
    PS read the whole first two pages please before commenting please
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Re: interesting thread about magic

It is a good thread- I was thinking magic might need a major re-work but unless there is some reason they can't figure out a better way to apply indirect damage just some small changes and tweaks might be enough.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

for the umpteenth time, if you want to discuss about CA policies, there's a specific thread about; please only comment on the topic of the thread here
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

That's weird.

They need to change it so that any unit hit by disruption will also take the damage as well

I honestly don't know why I didn't put 2+2 together before - being knocked down (and damage over time magic spells almost always come with a knockdown) does make a unit largely immune to damage. What i'm unclear on is why they'd do that. The initial impact does damage of course, but thereafter what purposes does immunity serve? Perhaps too open to abuse from cycle charges? But then, why not just return to the MTW2 model of formed charges. Want your heavy cavalry to deliver a hammer blow? They need time to form up and distance to build up speed.

It'd be interesting to modders to learn where this setting is stored.