Thread: [Request] Game of Thrones Overhaul Mod

Icon3 [Request] Game of Thrones Overhaul Mod

Forgive me if this is in progress or mentioned before, but is there anyone considering working on a Game of Thrones overhaul mod? I feel it would be very well suited for TW: Warhammer considering the change of landscapes and more fantasy-lore.

There's the awesome Westeros: Age of Petty KingsGame of Thrones mod for Medieval II Total War (and A Clash of Kings for Mount and Blade:Warband)

It would be nice to see something made on the new engine.

Cheers

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: [Request] Game of Thrones Overhaul Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetorikolas View Post
    Forgive me if this is in progress or mentioned before, but is there anyone considering working on a Game of Thrones overhaul mod? I feel it would be very well suited for TW: Warhammer considering the change of landscapes and more fantasy-lore.

There's the awesome Westeros: Age of Petty KingsGame of Thrones mod for Medieval II Total War (and A Clash of Kings for Mount and Blade:Warband)

It would be nice to see something made on the new engine.

Cheers
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Content_Creators
    no third party IPs allowed for THWH
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Content_Creators
    no third party IPs allowed for THWH
    That article states no 3rd party IPs are allowed for their featured mods videos. This week was the first episode of CA's Warhammer TW Mods Weekly bit on YouTube. This article provides guidelines for mods that would be featured in that video.

That said, a GOT mod would be amazing. If Third Age is any indication of what this community can come up with, I'd be delighted to see a GOT mod done with R2TW/ATW/TW:WH. On the matter of legality/copyright/etc., I've no expert input.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; June 08, 2016 at 11:50 AM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

there is games of thrones mod for medieval 2, why can't have one/not legal for warhammer?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by woopypooky View Post
    there is games of thrones mod for medieval 2, why can't have one/not legal for warhammer?
    Because the intellectual property used in TW-WH is owned by games workshop who kindly agreed to modding support on the condition that no third party IPs were allowed.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Again, as Spartan said, that is only a concern if you want your mod to be featured by CA, i.e. they showcase your mod on their social media channels.

Creating a mod based on another IP is perfectly fine. Just don't expect CA to show your mod off in one of their videos.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Again, as Spartan said, that is only a concern if you want your mod to be featured by CA, i.e. they showcase your mod on their social media channels.

Creating a mod based on another IP is perfectly fine. Just don't expect CA to show your mod off in one of their videos.
    I'm reading some murmurs that they're stating no 3rd party IP's are allowed in the EULA. Atthias just happened to link us to their guidelines for the featured mods.

I recall there's some lengthy legalese that prompts when I published my mod to the workshop, so this clause is probably spelled out in there too. That said, CA only has control (indirectly, I assume) on the content that is published on the Steam Workshop. If a mod with 3rd party IP were created and hosted elsewhere, it would most certainly require legal action for them to yank it. Whether or not they'll actually do that is another matter.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

current WIP for atilla got mod its looking pretty good.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...aul-for-Attila

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    I'm reading some murmurs that they're stating no 3rd party IP's are allowed in the EULA. Atthias just happened to link us to their guidelines for the featured mods.

I recall there's some lengthy legalese that prompts when I published my mod to the workshop, so this clause is probably spelled out in there too. That said, CA only has control (indirectly, I assume) on the content that is published on the Steam Workshop. If a mod with 3rd party IP were created and hosted elsewhere, it would most certainly require legal action for them to yank it. Whether or not they'll actually do that is another matter.
    They might take legal steps, but I think as long as you don't profit from the modification (which isn't required to play the game, it's a free addon from community), they can't do anything other than taking the mod from the Workshop. Modders can do anything with the game; we have licensed cars, weapons etc. in games like GTA V, does Rockstar do anything with it? No, they don't care.
    If someone is so much concered about all of it, you can send an e-mail to George R.R. Martin or HBO for an approval.

Personally, I'd also love to see a mod based on a Witcher lore.

Quote Originally Posted by senna505 View Post
    Which is only possible because Attila's Modding Kit have model converters. Warhammer? Nah.

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

One does not simply "request" a Game of Thrones overhaul.

But daenerys aint riding any dragon

I was wondering if there was something like this being made for Attila as well, given that it has more mod support and less legal conflict. Thanks for sharing.