Thread: Using SSHIP units skin

Default Using SSHIP units skin

Hello lads,I would like to use the marvelous units skin from SSHIP for the "classical" SS 6.4. What files i have to take to have the New skins? I know a byzantine reskin units submod already exists. I really hope someone will answer me.Thanks for your coming responses.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Using SSHIP units skin

In the SSHIP - Presentation thread, in the Contributors section, there's a spoiler where you'll find all links for the materials we use.

Note that for some of them, you will have to ask the permission to the owners if you plan a public release
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I thank you Lifthrasir,
    i just wanna use these skins for my personnal use, i will not plan a public release. I'll take a look on what can interest me

Is Western Unit Overhaul Submod compatible with SS 6.4?

It is already partially implemented. The rest will probably be added at a later point.

I installed Western Units Overhaul on my SS6.4 game. When i try to launch the game, i just see the picture with stainless steel then i return on my desktop. What have i done wrong?

Blog Entries

It is not compatible in its original "edition". You need to implement it as several entries are completely different compare to SSHIP (factions, units names, etc...). Then, you have also to take care of the animations. WUO uses Banzaï animations implemented for DLV mod. In SS6.4, the animations are different.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

It looks like it's a very difficult thing to do.
    I don't know if i'm capable for that

Blog Entries

I would recommend to leave it for now. The rest should be implemented hopefully without problem. Meanwhile, have a look in the Medieval Workshop. There are several good tutorials in there. Then, you can try to implement the WUO units 1 by 1.

OK i thank you for this answer.