Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Submod] Enhanced Campaign Movement for EB 2.35A

Senator

Default Re: [Submod] Enhanced Campaign Movement for EB 2.35A

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Nice idea. I'm gonna give it a try on my campaigns, for now I've set the movement for my Generals and FMs to 420. So that the agents still have a bit more. I think it will be better campaign wise, I've lost so many turns before waiting for my Generals to get to a specific place.
    Agents actually still do have a bit more movement range, due to traits which increase it. Here's a comparison of my middle-aged (+5%) and trained (+10%) spy in Bononia, and troops without a FM (though I'm pretty sure having an FM lead an army doesn't actually increase their movement points, FM movement traits only affect the FM unit on its own... I'm pretty sure).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lusitanio's Avatar Senator

I see, nice! In any case, I think that this increased movement favours the AI which is able to make better decisions and react to the player in a faster way, so kudos for your work and I will incorporate this idea into my own build.

Are fleets impacted by this increase too? Because ferrying troops faster was one of their important purposes (both realistically and in game), so it would be good that this stays like that to an extent, even though the bigger land movememnt means it would be less neccesary.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Lusitanio's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    Are fleets impacted by this increase too? Because ferrying troops faster was one of their important purposes (both realistically and in game), so it would be good that this stays like that to an extent, even though the bigger land movememnt means it would be less neccesary.
    Yes, fleets are impacted and for the better I would say.

Senator

Yup, you can see KH transport troops from the Peloponnese to Corsica in one turn in some of the screenshots of first post in this thread, both to conquer initially and later again to reinforce their new territory. And in my recent update where Carthage brought in reinforcements for their besieged Syrkakousi army, one came from the Libyan coast near Alexandria, the other from the Dardanelles. In the latter case, that army was in Sardinia the year before where I anticipated I would have to fight them, but they boarded their fleet just before I declared war. Soon after, while they were around Sicily I attacked their fleet hoping to sink the troops, but they got away (to the Black Sea apparently). Few turns later, bam, they're back with a vengeance and in a position to destroy my Roman ambitions.

Spoiler for Spring 256, before the Punic war begins. Bodashtart at Sardinia.

Spoiler for Autumn 256, the war has begun. Bodashtart caught off the coast of Sicily, but escapes.

Spoiler for Spring 254, Bodashtart has regrouped in the Dardanelles and readies to launch his reinforcing strike into Sicily. Simultaneously, a hitherto unknown army operating against the Ptolemies between Kyrenaia and Alexandria has boarded fleet.

Spoiler for AI turn, Spring 254, the reinforcements have landed and attacked. Ol' Bodi even hired a couple of mercenary companies from the area to bolster his forces.

He might have gotten there sooner, certainly could have far as movement point allowance goes, but the Dardanelles were blocked off with Pergamene and other fleets. The timing sure worked out perfectly for Carthage, ending up with two reinforcing armies landing together, one on each flank. Ugh. I love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12