Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turn times

Default Re: Turn times

Nothing you can do; EBII has a much, much bigger script with a lot more going on than vanilla, and it's a different engine to EB1 so any comparison there is irrelevant.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

I also compared to another guy playing EB 2.3:

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    In this video his turn takes only 18 seconds (after removing AI moves and diplo actions).
    https://youtu.be/HA234Y9PsMg?t=13m59s (14:01)
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

---
    Last edited by xHolyCrusader; December 06, 2017 at 03:52 PM.

To compare turn times:

On Win 7, E5200 2,5 Ghz overclocked to 3.65 Ghz, SSD , GTX 760
    1 Turn 1 minute
    3 Turn 43 seconds
    5 Turn 30 seconds - this is more less standard turn time

Grand campaign 2-3 seconds

I have also modded version of EBII, where scripts doesn't work due to my attempt to generate *strings.bin files from strat,shared and expanded files wrong way. Events, recruitment, and other stuff doesn't work there but turn times are nice:

1 turn 14 seconds
    5 turn 12 seconds

EBII script is big no doubt, but on your setup you should be under 30 seconds for normal 4+ turns when everything is settled.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Ok I find the source of problem. Now turns take 20-22 seconds. Problem was the Windows 7 compability mode I choose in medieval2.exe properties. (I use Windows 10 btw.) Because in the 10th entry of the Installation instructions:
    10. It's recommended that you change both your executables (medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe) to run as Administrator and switch on Compatibility Mode in their Properties. See here for more details.
    it says Win7 compatibility mode checked. I unchecked Windows 7 compatibility and the problem is gone.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Biarchus

I noticed this issue a month ago. There were a few posts about it too but I can't remember which thread.

@Hummer you did what Page 2 says right? Where you edit the .cfg file to remove the LOG file. or well to remove some stuff. that modification to the .cfg file cut my load times by like half. so now its honestly like 15-20 seconds. I also hope you dont play with entire map shown, that will slow it down also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123