Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my saves, anyone have a historical progression Romani save with Polybian or Marian reforms achieved?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Lost my saves, anyone have a historical progression Romani save with Polybian or Marian reforms achieved?

So as a result of a nasty virus that corrupted my system files I've had to reinstall windows and thus in the process I've lost my copy of EBII and all my saves. As such I was wondering if anyone could help me out by providing me Romani save game. I'd prefer it to be as historical as possible being early-mid or mid-early game with few if any factions extinct, either by your own hand or the AIs and if you have either Polybian Reforms or Marian reforms achieved that would be great as well... Yes I might be lazy, but I sunk allot of time an effort into my last game and I really lack the motivation to do it all over again. You'll also find that I've asked for a simlliar thing on the RSIII forums, if you check in over there. Not really expecting much to come of this as my I guess my request is kinda specific but ah well I thought I'd try anyway... if anyone could help me out that would be really appreciated!
    Cheers
    isa0005
    Last edited by isa0005; June 21, 2016 at 06:35 PM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Lost my saves, anyone have a historica progressionl Romani Save with Polybian or Marian reforms achieved

I feel for you bro, but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to a Roman campaign yet. I'm still playing as Koinon Hellenon. In fact, I might even play as Epeiros or Makedonia next, so I'll be of no use to you in the short run! Good luck, though. Surely someone here will come to your rescue with some saved games in a dropbox file.

Default Re: Lost my saves, anyone have a historica progressionl Romani Save with Polybian or Marian reforms achieved

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I feel for you bro, but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to a Roman campaign yet. I'm still playing as Koinon Hellenon. In fact, I might even play as Epeiros or Makedonia next, so I'll be of no use to you in the short run! Good luck, though. Surely someone here will come to your rescue with some saved games in a dropbox file.
    Thanks for you kind words, good luck with your Koinon Hellenon campaign! May Zeus be with you!

filmfixed's Avatar Libertus

I can give you mine but I've edited my campaign script file and I think that makes it not possible to use them, correct me if I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by filmfixed View Post
    I can give you mine but I've edited my campaign script file and I think that makes it not possible to use them, correct me if I'm wrong
    Correct, any change to the files means saves won't be compatible.

What Sertorius said, though I thank you for the offer!

He could theoretically play them if he used the same campaign_script file that you have. I guess, for preference sake, it depends on how much you've edited it and changed things and whether or not isa0005 would like those changes or not.

Surely there is someone here who has started playing a Romani campaign...

Default Re: Lost my saves, anyone have a historical progression Romani save with Polybian or Marian reforms achieved?

I could yeah, I've edited stuff to do with coming of age too in another file so that you don't get proposals of marriage for the same person for like 20 turns. The campaign script file changes are to make all of the reforms happen earlier because my current play style is quite a fast expansion and hate conquering a lot of land with just the Camillan troops. I'm at around turn 60 now so the thureos reforms have already happened in my campaign and the polybian reform will fire any turn now if I have the right amount of battles with Carthage. I'm currently fighting the first Makedonian war and am taking on Carthaginian remnants in Spain as well as the native Iberians.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Every faction is still alive except for KH

Default Re: Lost my saves, anyone have a historical progression Romani save with Polybian or Marian reforms achieved?

I could yeah, I've edited stuff to do with coming of age too in another file so that you don't get proposals of marriage for the same person for like 20 turns. The campaign script file changes are to make all of the reforms happen earlier because my current play style is quite a fast expansion and hate conquering a lot of land with just the Camillan troops. I'm at around turn 60 now so the thureos reforms have already happened in my campaign and the polybian reform will fire any turn now if I have the right amount of battles with Carthage. I'm currently fighting the first Makedonian war and am taking on Carthaginian remnants in Spain as well as the native Iberians.

That's kinda cool I guess, I could have a crack at your save for sure
    Maybe you could start up a hotseat campaign, don't do anything first turn except console command control of your faction away to the AI, let the game run for as many turns as you want to get to era you want, then take back ownership of Rome and hope they've expanded to your liking (or even exist at all).

Or better yet, wait for 2.2b and start fresh.
    I have thought of doing that, believe me but again I don't particularly want to start a fresh. I just don't see why someone can't just share their one of their saves tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    I have thought of doing that, believe me but again I don't particularly want to start a fresh. I just don't see why someone can't just share their one of their saves tbh...
    Give it a bit more time, for people to come across this thread here. It would be really odd if filmfixed was the ONLY person to be playing a Romani campaign AND the only person willing to help out. Even then I think you should use his saved games. It doesn't sound like he changed a whole lot of things, just the timing of the reforms (all of which, aside from the Marian one, are activated before the end of the 3rd century BC anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Give it a bit more time, for people to come across this thread here. It would be really odd if filmfixed was the ONLY person to be playing a Romani campaign AND the only person willing to help out. Even then I think you should use his saved games. It doesn't sound like he changed a whole lot of things, just the timing of the reforms (all of which, aside from the Marian one, are activated before the end of the 3rd century BC anyways).
    Yeah, you're deffs right about that, well whenever he's willing to upload everything...
    Last edited by isa0005; June 22, 2016 at 02:07 PM.

You can try my campaign if you want. Dont know if you'd like it or not but here it is.
    I started as a hotseat Baktria/Rome but i lost Baktria fairly early. On VH/VH its basically impossible to play that one.

My Rome is quite stable though. Decent economy, can maintain around 3 legions so far and i am allied with almost everything in the game.

Turn ~100, 2.2a no changes, VH/VH.

rome_baktria.zip

Caesar_1991's Avatar Miles

How do you see the date? I have nothing there

I believe it is an option somewhere in your config file. Not sure which one, a more knowledgeable person will have to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar_1991 View Post
    How do you see the date? I have nothing there
    It's in the config. If it's not appearing, check your medieval2.preferences.cfg and make sure that has it too.

Campidoctor

Maybe you could start up a hotseat campaign, don't do anything first turn except console command control of your faction away to the AI, let the game run for as many turns as you want to get to era you want, then take back ownership of Rome and hope they've expanded to your liking (or even exist at all).

Or better yet, wait for 2.2b and start fresh.

Campidoctor

You probably could have been 100 turns in yourself by now, lol. Sorry sorry, I know you don't want to, just saying/being a dik.

Maybe it's lagging because further along in campaign, more things happening and taking up processing power, which wouldn't be comparable necessarily to a fresh campaign. Only way to know is if you remember your own save, if it was anywhere as far along as this new save, and if you recall that save being laggy or just the same as when you tested a fresh campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    You probably could have been 100 turns in yourself by now, lol. Sorry sorry, I know you don't want to, just saying/being a dik.

Maybe it's lagging because further along in campaign, more things happening and taking up processing power, which wouldn't be comparable necessarily to a fresh campaign. Only way to know is if you remember your own save, if it was anywhere as far along as this new save, and if you recall that save being laggy or just the same as when you tested a fresh campaign.
    All good and yeah I was about 200 turns out and there wasn't an ounce of lag... you're right though I could've gotten back to that point probs by now, but life has been happening since I posted this thread

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    All good and yeah I was about 200 turns out and there wasn't an ounce of lag... you're right though I could've gotten back to that point probs by now, but life has been happening since I posted this thread
    You could possibly turn off campaign map shadows if you haven't already, to speed it up.
    Now you could also possibly use a gamebooster (a program that closes out unnecessary programs).
    (Note: Some people utterly hate these boosters, but I found that it smoothed out my campaign map a bit)
    Also try the fpsboost it may help you. Cheers

Gamebooster:

FpsBoost:

I know that general my gam lags as a result of having 4gb of ram and that my virus protection is a massive ram hog haha. I've used boosters before and I've had bad experiences with them so I try to avoid using them when and where I can. Thanks for the suggestion though
    Save games anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast